Forums » Elder Scrolls

Does anyone use ancient nord gear?

• 10 posts
    August 3, 2012 6:53 PM EDT

I have a thing for ancient nord stuff, I was wondering if anyone else uses it, to me it looks the most practical and the best looking. Plus, the weapons just look badass.

• 856 posts
    August 3, 2012 7:04 PM EDT

There's a couple of builds in the character build group that makes use of that particular gear, but I think I'll let the author's of those builds elaborate.

I had one character that used the armor set and weapons for a little bit - he died a relatively short time after acquiring the armor.  It does have a nice look for certain characters, and I'll probably create a character that will don the armor, and wield the weapons, once more.

• 10 posts
    August 3, 2012 7:32 PM EDT

It has the same armor rating of iron armor, but with the fortify restoration exploit, I got it up to steel plate's rating, not enough to break the game, but it makes it a viable choice for later levels.

• 15 posts
    August 3, 2012 7:50 PM EDT

after finishing the companions quest line i like using the skyforge nord sword, pretty sure it has the same stats as the honed nord sword but i like the look... besides with smithing and enchanting you can make any weapon pretty badass

• 10 posts
    August 3, 2012 7:54 PM EDT

My newest character hasn't done the companions quests yet, and I'm talking about how the weapons look, not their stats, the ancient nord stuff doesn't have high stats though.