Forums » Elder Scrolls

What do you name your characters?

• 409 posts
    August 1, 2012 2:10 PM EDT

What do you name your characters? I always name mine in dragon my shadow vanguard character is named Dinokkiin or Deathborn and I started the Crypt Stalker Build and named my character Fahliil Do Alok Dilon or Elf of Necromancy (since I chose a wood elf) . Discuss.

• 557 posts
    August 1, 2012 2:18 PM EDT
    Seeing as I only play on Argonians, it feels right to name them using Jel, or Argonian language. The only exception to this is my Swamp-Stalker, who is named Using a few vampiric words meaning 'Fang of the Dark'
    • 409 posts
    August 1, 2012 2:22 PM EDT

that is actually pretty cool

• 557 posts
    August 1, 2012 2:22 PM EDT
    Damn straight
    • 409 posts
    August 1, 2012 2:28 PM EDT

All my character names have to have a meaning like I started a vampire argonian and and named him Apep (egyptian god of chaos and darkness) the god who would try to devour the sun (Ra). I named him that just for Dawnguard lol.

• 8 posts
    August 1, 2012 3:24 PM EDT

if human, my name

If elf, elfish name, or my name

If khajiit, Khajiiti name, or my name

If Argonian, argonian name, (cyrodiilic or argonian), or my name

• 856 posts
    August 1, 2012 3:25 PM EDT

I have many characters, I try to keep them all consistent with their race's naming traditions.  So all my orsimer characters have a 'gro' ( son of) or a 'gra' (daughter of) in the middle of their names.  My argonians are named something like "Poisons His Blade" or some such.   Etc., Etc.

• 557 posts
    August 1, 2012 3:27 PM EDT

The only Cyrodillic name I've ever given one of my Argonians is "Crazy Like Goat"

He only used the Wabbajack and he used Unrelenting Force to throw things around rooms

• August 1, 2012 3:47 PM EDT

I name most mythological names, ie Remas( Founding of Rome), Artemis( Greek God of the Moon), Thanos( Greek God of Death). Unless their Khajiit, Argonian, or Orc. Then I try to use names similar to their race ie Malz Gro-Balrog, Dead-of-Night, and I haven't thought of good Khajiit name.

• 66 posts
    August 2, 2012 1:43 AM EDT

I try to keep to the established naming conventions depending on race but I love the name Mythen for a dunmer (even though it's not strictly a dunmer name). And Mufasa as explained in my blog.

• 44 posts
    August 2, 2012 4:32 AM EDT
    All names depend on the race. Most of my non Khajiit/Argonian characters have been named in the dragon tongue (ie. My current character is a Dark Elf thief named Vokun ['Shadow'], I had a 'goody goody' type Nord girl named Kiir {'Child'}).

My current Khajiit is named Dar'Brii ('Clever' in Khajiit tongue, and 'beauty' in dragon). Any Argonian names are always similar to Scouts Many Marshes, etc.
    • 44 posts
    August 2, 2012 4:34 AM EDT
    Oh, except when playing games like Pokemon. Then, my name is always Ellie. :P
    • 10 posts
    August 2, 2012 6:12 AM EDT

I just named my nord Sigurd Favnesbane, His name literally means dragonslayer in norse, plus in a norse saga he can shap shift into a werewolf, I think it's an appropriate name.

• August 9, 2012 6:56 AM EDT

When I played Oblivion, all my characters were named after tea qualities (don't know why): Shencha, Tzai, Roobus...

In Skyrim my character names are variations of finnish month names: Marrazz, Oak, Helmi...

• 238 posts
    August 9, 2012 9:39 AM EDT

i nicknamed my khajiit who was set to join the thieves guild as shadow claw. as you can tell im not good at this stuff

• 409 posts
    August 9, 2012 2:56 PM EDT

That is alright Skyrim is my first TES game and I named my first character (the character I based my unholy battlemage off of) Master Dread hence my name on the site