Forums » Elder Scrolls

My TES character disease

• 8 posts
    July 29, 2012 11:25 PM EDT

Im not sure if im the only one who does this, but i cannot max out a character. Almost every time i get back on xbox i think of something that i could do in Skyrim, so then a make a character for it. It's so bad, i can near perfectly recite the entire tutorial, all of Balgruuf's dialogue and proventus and irileth. Everytime it happen s and it frustrates me. This also is not something that started with Skyrim either. In Oblivion it was the same issue. There have only been 2 instances in which i have made a steady character. In oblivion, an imperial sword and shield guy, full madness armor, and Umbra. In Skyrim, an imperial sword and sheild guy with full dragonplate armor, and a daedric sword, i even went so far as to delete that last account in skyrim. Then dawnguard came out, and while Skyrim is all i play, i have still never used a dragonbone weapon.

I love argonians right?, but i still can't even get 1 to level 20. The only characters i can create are imperials, and im sick of it, and i think i know why. I cant get the looks to my liking. Icreate the looks of a character based on my current mood. Then when it changes the character becomes obsolete, and i cant just see the face sculptor, because i want to change everything about the character, from the race to the equipment, to the perks.

So thats why im so glad i found this site. The group Character builds, its like heaven, hundreds of potential characters for me to create. Then throw away when i get bored.

So thats my Elder Scrolls Disease. Share yours below, and if theres someone with my condition, please let me know, so i can stop feeling like a freak.

• 3 posts
    July 30, 2012 5:05 AM EDT

I completely understand your pain, lately I've felt the sudden urge to make a new character EVERY night. The only character I have been able to complete the main quest line is with my Bosmer assassin. So I've been trying out the many great builds on this site and what ever convoluted combination of skills I come up always saying to myself "I'll keep this one", "I'll keep this one"..... Yeah..........    

• 8 posts
    July 30, 2012 3:27 PM EDT

exactly, i say that to myself as well, but im currently putting all my will power into an argonian, as long as  i can keep something to do for myself, i can stay. So im finding every fort i can get to and clearing it and looting it.