Forums » Elder Scrolls

What are your favorite standing stones and why?

• 409 posts
    July 29, 2012 10:12 PM EDT

What are your favorite standing stones? I know they all have different uses and are more usefull to some characters than others so I will ask what are your top 3 favorites? I will start Lord Stone, Lady Stone, and the Atronach Stone. Lord for the extra armor rating (really nice for any build but really helps out ones that use light armor) and magic resistance (good for any build). Lady for the faster regenerating health and stamina (good for any build but is probably the best one for vampires so they can regnerate health and stamina in the sun maybe not at full speed but much better than nothing). And the Atronach perhaps the most over powered stone in the game because it gives 50% magicka absorbtion and +50 magicka but it has a drawback of -50 magica regeneration speed (but this can be canceled with the recovery perk in the restoration tree, enchantments, and potions. Also with the racial ability of the breton with this stone you are immune to magic for 1 minute plus you have an almost endless amount of magica for that minute if you are being attacked by multiple mages). Now Discuss.

• 98 posts
    July 30, 2012 9:29 AM EDT

Atronach for the magic resistance and absorbtion, Serpent because paralizing things is Hilarious, and Ritual, I mean whats not to love about raising an army of undead.

• 409 posts
    July 30, 2012 9:57 AM EDT

Atronach is pretty great, I think the serpent is good in cirten situations but posions are better, and the ritual stone is proably my favorite stone that gives you a power.

• 98 posts
    July 30, 2012 10:07 AM EDT

True, poisons are better but what about if you have no ranged attack and you want to paralize something from far away? 

• 31 posts
    July 30, 2012 11:57 AM EDT

Warrior, cuz I play as warrior... 

• 409 posts
    July 30, 2012 1:16 PM EDT

I suppose but if you have no ranged attack why would you want to paralize something far away because then you have to run up to them and by that time they are already up

• 773 posts
    July 30, 2012 1:22 PM EDT

I might make this into a poll 

• 98 posts
    July 30, 2012 1:23 PM EDT

I normally only use it on giants for two reasons, 1)so I can get a few hits on them before they get up and 2) because its halarious to use it on a running giant becasue the flip and bounce.

• 409 posts
    July 30, 2012 1:27 PM EDT

I'm cool with that

• 409 posts
    July 30, 2012 1:27 PM EDT

haha I never thought of that but screw the bear hit the troll XD

• 409 posts
    July 30, 2012 1:38 PM EDT

okay then I can see how the serpent stone is good for you and if you dont use alchemy and bows it's nice lol crazy with paralizing power