Forums » The Lounge

Tell me all your secrets. Ok maybe not all of them. ;)

• 668 posts
    July 27, 2012 12:40 AM EDT

Time for my next installment of thought provoking questions for you. ;)

1. Did you have a special toy that you slept with as a child? What was it and why was it special?

2. What happened to it? Do you even remember?

3. If you were cursed to speak only the truth, who would you avoid and why?

4. If you could choose to have a partner that was extremely beautiful, yet horrifyingly stupid and vapid, would you?

5. You find the magic something of your wildest dreams...what is it, and what ONE thing does it do for you?

6. What is your single most stupid moment?

7. If you could be the hero from any movie, you would be __________.

8. Give me your BEST pick up line.

9. Darth Vader or Luke Skywalker?

10. Name ONE thing in modern society that drives you batshit crazy. (I could name SO many. :P)

I'm all ears:

• 557 posts
    July 27, 2012 12:48 AM EDT

1) I used to sleep with (as ridiculous as this sounds) a bag of marbles.

2) I ripped it in my sleep and woke up on (you guessed it) a torn bag of marbles!

3) I wouldn't avoid anyone. I'm an honest person.

4) No. I need someone as intelligent as I am.

5) It's a golden shoe I used to dream of as a child. It was essentially the "Boots of Springheel Jack" from Oblivion (I was THRILLED to get those!)

6) I was in a KMart one day and dropped my phone on the ground just as someone else dropped theirs. I was convinced that they had mine and I got into a fight about him over it. Needless to say, he didn't have my phone, and I can no longer go to that KMart.

7) Megamind! MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!

8) I have something to tell you, Your ass is fantastic!

9) Vader!!!

10) facebook. I hate it. All of it. 

• 668 posts
    July 27, 2012 1:05 AM EDT

1. I had this giant pink stuffed dog named Henrietta that my brother won me at a carnival. It was bigger than me and I dragged it everywhere and slept with it constantly.

2. My Mom burned our house to the ground and Henrietta burned up. I tried to run back in for her but the fireman wouldn't let me. :(

3. I would avoid my parents. They may deserve to hear the real truth about what they are, but I feel better striving for forgiveness.

4. Hell no, fack no, feck no! That is what is wrong with modern society is that too much emphasis placed on the superficial.

5. I would find a magical tunnel, that when followed led to a fanciful world full of unicorns, pegasus and fat-free donuts.

6. I would say getting married or joining the Army, but that is too easy. I'll pick an actual incident. I was totally in love with this guy I dated for 2 years in high school. Our senior year he was moving back to New York and after I graduated, I was supposed to follow him. Inexplicably and with no explanation he began ignoring me completely. I was completely CRUSHED. He left for New York and never said a word to me. Several weeks later he called and I was too prideful to answer the phone to him. Well, come to find out (years later), his brother told him that we slept together, and in my bf's own bed at that! Well, of course that was why he went to New York without a word and it was an absolutely blatant lie. So, I wish I would not have ignored his phone call. I've always regretted that.

7. Buffy no question. That chick is THE coolest super hero evs!

8. Will you tell me your name? So I know what to call you in my dreams.

9. Vader. For some reason Luke always struck me as such a puss. Leia had more balls than him.

10. Obsessions with designer goods. Ugh, I hate that people will spend so much money on something because it has a certain designer's name on it. I mean, if it's a superior product ok...but women pay STUPID amounts of money for a purse. It annoys me to no end. 

• 285 posts
    July 27, 2012 1:07 AM EDT
    1. Used to sleep with a toy knife, thought something was out to get me and would most likely to try to get me during the night(i even had paranoia as a child, still am)

2. Knife got chewed up by fsmily dog

3.everyone, I trust no one with most of my secrets

4.no, would want an intelligent woman

5. I used to wish for something that would allow me to enter the story I was
    reading/watching/playing

6. Thinking it was a great idea to jump from 2 stories to help me escape dyring tag

7. Made-Eye Moody

8. Darth Vader

10. Social Networking, imagination draining in schools
    • 557 posts
    July 27, 2012 1:08 AM EDT

Woah there. I bought my new girlfriend a $400 purse for her birthday!

• 285 posts
    July 27, 2012 1:10 AM EDT
    Ah, what we do for the girls we love, even though it's incredably stupid!
    • 856 posts
    July 27, 2012 1:12 AM EDT

Ok, I'll bite.

1.  yes, a stuffed animal (monkey), got it as an infant

2. mom tossed in the trash when I was about 6 or 7, while I was at school - it was torn (not badly)

3. no one, I have no problem telling the truth - I keep silent rather than lie

4.  absolutely not

5.  Time travel device.   (I'd really prefer a Star Trek Space Ship- but since they can do more than one thing - including time travel - I felt those might be out of bounds)

6.  passing over a Railroad track w/out stopping (no signal / bar ) ... train missed me by a fraction of a second  - there was one relationship I had (around 3 decades ago) that may have been more stupid - it's a bit of a toss-up.

7.   Without giving it much thought - Ironman... That may change after I dwell on it a while

8.  Hi.

9.  Luke, but not the one in the first movie (ep. 4 A New Hope) - he whined too much

10.  Depletion of the world's forest (seriously).  (I'm not sure if this is the type of thing for which you are looking.)

(Edit: 9... would've prefered Obi Wan)

• 668 posts
    July 27, 2012 1:15 AM EDT

HAHAHA, Emer!! That is why I LOVE these threads. So many unexpected things happen. Sooo, how did these marbles become your sleeping companions? I am absolutely enchanted by that answer. Why couldn't you sew the bag? I'm sad for your loss.

Nice answer for 3 and 4. I feel the same way exactly. I must say a well tuned brain is an absolute must.

Uhhh, and about #8, does that line actually work for you because, ya know, you say you want a smart girl then you try to pick her up with a line about her ass.

Yea Gods but Facebook is horrific. It's the place where ideas go to die and be regurgitated into fodder for the masses. Press "like" if you agree.

• 668 posts
    July 27, 2012 1:17 AM EDT

Yes, incredibly. Useless sheep-minded materialism, UGH! Be ORIGINAL. Is that so hard??!!

• 668 posts
    July 27, 2012 1:21 AM EDT

Ok, Spectre, if it was a TOY knife then how could it protect you from whatever was out to get you during the night? Obvs it didn't even protect itself from the dog.

Who is Made-Eye Moody? I have no clue on that one.

2 votes for Facebook already. Something tells me the girl with the $400 dollar purse would disagree with you guys.

I think Darth is going to win by a landslide. I wonder if Luke will get a single vote. Maybe I should have went with Han Solo instead.

• 285 posts
    July 27, 2012 1:23 AM EDT
    My parents wouldn't let me keep the real knife(I thought it was better than nothing)
    • 856 posts
    July 27, 2012 1:29 AM EDT

I voted for Luke, but only the one in EP 6 (Return of the Jedi).  Mad-Eye was from Harry Potter.   And Yes, Han would've been better (or Obi Wan).  And I don't even have a Facebook account - problem solved.

• 668 posts
    July 27, 2012 1:31 AM EDT

Awwww, Rune. I'm sad about your monkey. What a mean Mom!! It wasn't even torn badly? She could've sewn it. My Dad did something similar to my sister's doll, although he dismembered it in front of her and threw it piece by piece into the fire. A-hole.

Yeah, well I limited it to one thing because the bountiful imaginations we have on this site, we were like to get a book of magical items that would change the whole scape of the person's universe. But ok, have the Enterprise, or a Borg cube or something if you will...not that those are all too magical. They just found a way to bend space time or discovered the Higgs Boson which gave them the ability to have faster than light travel by making the ship weightless...not sure actually what their manner of propulsion was to be honest.

Hehe, being an intellectual, "hi" seems like a rather less than enthusiastic pick up line. But I give you high marks for the confidence to approach with that.  I assume you have some stimulating conversation thought up for after she "hi's" you back.

Yes, deforestation is exactly the type of thing I mean. It's yet another sign of the lack of caring that marks today's society. I've been a card carrying member of the WWF (as well as PETA before they went insane) since the 6th grade and they sent me a great deal of info on that subject. 

• 557 posts
    July 27, 2012 1:33 AM EDT

Woah there, My $400 purse-carrying girlfriend is one of the smartest people I know. She does have a bit of a purse obsession, but I still love her anyway  And she doesn't even have a facebook (neither do I for that matter)

• 668 posts
    July 27, 2012 1:34 AM EDT

LOL, ok Spectre, I can see that. I read Helter Skelter when I was about 10 and that was a dumb ass thing to do. I could have used that knife myself.

• 285 posts
    July 27, 2012 1:35 AM EDT
    The ruining of nature disgusts me, I loved walking in the woods near my house, before they became the neighborhood dump, with a stream of sewage.
    • 668 posts
    July 27, 2012 1:36 AM EDT

Rune, I just couldn't vote for Luke. Darth was just SO wonderfully evil. The telepathic death grip, Ah classic! James Earl Jones' booming voice. Just mastery. I have to say Chewbacca was my favorite Star Wars character though. He was just so smooth. I love that in a guy/hairy beastie.

• 557 posts
    July 27, 2012 1:36 AM EDT

I watched "Childs Play" when I was little and then spent 15 minutes dismembering all of the red-headed talls in a local toy store. Just saying.

• 557 posts
    July 27, 2012 1:38 AM EDT

The marbles were my dads when he was a kid, and the bag was a Crown Royal bag that I found outside (weird place for a CR bag, don't you think?). And the bag wasn't just ripped, it was destroyed! I must've went apeshit on that thing! And ask my girlfriend about #8, it worked on her

• 668 posts
    July 27, 2012 1:45 AM EDT

Ok, well I won't say someone that carries a $400 purse is smart, succumbing to peer pressure isn't all that bright. But, I am happy that you have someone to love. It makes life amazing! I'm sure she's intelligent in other ways. 

Well, I DO have a Facebook, thanks to both of my sister's CONSTANT nagging and nagging. I have met wonderful people from all over the world on there:musicians, artists, revolutionaries, free-thinkers, gallery owners... so I don't begrudge it. 

• 856 posts
    July 27, 2012 1:48 AM EDT

The propulsion of the ship was a matter/anti-matter reaction 'warping space' around the ship.

As far as the pick-up line, after the 'hi' and a quick introduction, I just let the conversation go where-ever (no advance preparation) - it seemed to work back in the day (in a permanent relationship now - so no need to concern myself over that type of thing).

The near-miss by a train was interesting... I was driving in the early am, and had forgotten about the tracks.  As I passed over the tracks the entire interior of my car was lit up brightly.  After the split-second time it took to pass over the tracks, I look in my rear-view mirror - all I see is a train already speeding along the tracks (never saw the engine/front of train)

• 668 posts
    July 27, 2012 1:52 AM EDT

My bf had a doll that looked like Chucky when he was little and he swore it was evil and did all kinds of things to destroy it. He finally burned it completely but was forever after terrified that it was going to come back from the grave to seek it's revenge. It was this thing:

• 668 posts
    July 27, 2012 1:57 AM EDT

My Dad had dozens of those Crown Royal bags, hmm wonder how. :P

Hahaha, well, touche' then. I stand corrected about your awesome pick-up line.

• 668 posts
    July 27, 2012 2:02 AM EDT

Ahh, I never really paid that much attention to Star Trek science. :P I did LOVE The Wrath of Khan though. My Dad was a total Star Trek junkie. I didn't mind it too much. The Search for Spock was pretty cool too. 

Yep, it's nice being in a relationship, huh? No lines required. Just come home and fight over the gaming system, or at least that is how it goes in my house.

WOW, HOLY HELL!! How do you forget about train tracks, Rune????!! Don't they have you know, HUGE yellow signs and gates and all? That sounds horrifying. I bet you looked both ways and proceeded very cautiously after that. Utter Craziness!!!

• 856 posts
    July 27, 2012 2:14 AM EDT

How did I forget - good question.  I had had very little sleep - there were no gates, just a white sign in the shape of an X.  It was on a long country road in the wee hours of the morning, on a route that I only taken a few times.   It was heavily wooded on either side of the road, so no chance to see anything upon approach. Funnily, within a week or so of my 'incident', crossing gates were installed