Forums » Elder Scrolls

What is your favorite part of Dawnguard?

• 409 posts
    July 18, 2012 12:27 PM EDT

We have talked about what your least favorite part is now what is your favorite part mine is the improved vampires. Discuss

• 271 posts
    July 18, 2012 5:45 PM EDT
    Hmmm...i would say all the new weapons, armors and landmasses.
    • 409 posts
    July 18, 2012 7:10 PM EDT
    I was very happy with those things and I liked how they opened up the possibility of snow elves in the next DLC and maby in the future as a playable race
    • 557 posts
    July 18, 2012 9:24 PM EDT

My favorite part: the look on people's faces when you turn into a Vampire Lord and destroy a city. That should be a Skyrim Challenge.

• 144 posts
    July 18, 2012 9:33 PM EDT

I was very happy with the "Lost to the Ages" quest. If you haven't yet done it, I found it to very enjoyable.

Of course, I thought the whole DLC was great in many ways so i'll have to agree with you on the improved vampire/werewolf parts. I also very much enjoyed the armored frost trolls, Both fighting them, and against them.

• 557 posts
    July 18, 2012 9:37 PM EDT

You'll have to check out my LTTA walkthrough on here

• 10 posts
    July 18, 2012 9:47 PM EDT

Armor and weapons were very good. Being a vampire Lord is very cool. I now officially like vampires again. The landmasses were great BUT, they felt a little... emptyish. Especially since there is no "world map" for them (Forgotten Vale & Soul Cairn).

And what was up with the crazy vale sabre and dear all glowing with cosmic pelts?? They were really cool but you only see like two of each. kinda felt random and a little inorganic since that is the ONLY time you see them.

shoulda, coulda, wouldas for DAWNGAURD are:

*World maps for Soul Cairn and Forgotten Vale.

*So much content was in Dawnguard but it felt cheap when the Keepers were just enlarged, black smoke headed, dragon armor dudes :( was kinda hoping for more than just bone,wrath men etc. in Soul Cairn. They were basically just black skeletons. The landmass itself was GOOD but felt kinda blankish. DURNEVIIR makes up for a lot though. he was great.

*Forgotten Vale was cool but also felt empty. I don't konw why. I loved the new dragons, frost giants were awesome, new falmer enemies/armor, chaurus hunters were cool. I hope there are frost giants in skyrim proper now. Maybe it felt too random because you would encounter vale sabre then immediatly kill a falmer then kill some spiders then see a frost giant just randomly standing there, no giant camp, no frost mammoths, just this random lonely frost giant. It felt like Bethesda was just like "Just put the frost giant there. No time for creating the frost giants "home". How can I say this... It felt like there was not enough environmental detail build up. for example: You know something is up ahead (frost giant) because there are dead falmer or dear or that giant stuff you see in skyrim. The creatures didnt feel "lived in" in the environment. They felt plopped in.

*Spotted cosmic sabre cats and dear were cool but there were only like two of them... way too random bethesda... They shoulda thrown some more of them into parts of the vale.

• 10 posts
    July 18, 2012 9:51 PM EDT

Favorite part was when you meet the Snow Elf, knowing a new landmass, weapons, creatures, and armor await! OH JOY!

• 6 posts
    July 19, 2012 2:04 AM EDT

I was very pleased to see improvements to the werewolves. Vampires eh... sure I guess, but I've always been a bigger fan of the big bad wolves.

My only concern with them was, why can you take a perk for summoning ice wolves and the like but you STILL have to get the totem via the Companions to use them? I mean unless it's some kind of bug or I'm doing it wrong, there is like, no point to unlocking those perks.

Why can't you turn into a werewolf at will like you can with the Vampire Lord? The Vampire Lord is also a little OP, both for that reason and just the abilities they get. Little more love for the werewolf would have been nice, but overall really like everything added.

• 409 posts
    July 19, 2012 10:08 AM EDT
    Yeah I know the wolves got the short end of the stick but it is kind of fair for 2 reasons 1 the DLC is ABOUT vampires so it would be stupid for werewolves to get a better upgrade than them 2 vampires have sucked really bad compared to werewolves until now so it is the vampire's turn to be superior
    • 16 posts
    July 19, 2012 10:16 AM EDT

I really like the forgotten vale its like bethesda added a tiny island in my opinion. Ancient Falmer armor is amazing and crossbows my favorite weapon now. I also like how they made so if your in the fourth stage of vampirisim you dont get attacked when in towns so thats always nice.

• 271 posts
    July 19, 2012 2:20 PM EDT
    @boss battle

you know...you could do the quest where you get the ring of hircine. it lets you turn into an wolf whenever u want! :-)
    • 6 posts
    July 22, 2012 8:13 PM EDT
    Thought that ring only let you transform just one more time a day, not unlimited.
    • 409 posts
    July 22, 2012 11:02 PM EDT

dont think it would be much of a challenge unless it has no perks and attacks solitude