Forums » Elder Scrolls

What do you dislike about dawnguard?

• 409 posts
    July 16, 2012 12:19 PM EDT
    What do you dislike about the dawnguard DLC? I will start off I don't like that if you choose to join the dawnguard you can become a vampire lord but if you join the vampires you can't get improved crossbows and exploding bolts now what do you guys dislike? Discuss
    • 577 posts
    July 16, 2012 8:45 PM EDT

Eesh, alright, I'll bite....Vampires. Straight up. Don't like them and think they're over-rated. But it's hardly a "dislike" for DG. I mean I'm really stretching it to think any dislikes for DG, but thought I would put something down here. I have yet to do the vamp side, so who knows......(ps-no pun intended for that first sentence. lol)

• 15 posts
    July 16, 2012 9:40 PM EDT

eh... not a huge complaint, and ive only played the dawnguard side, but i was a little unimpressed with the new followers.  I thought the DLC would be a good way to add new unique followers (besides Serana) and maybe a few new marriage options. But really it was just more of the same, worse really because it seemed like the dawnguard followers had a lot less dialogue than our original choices.

• 426 posts
    July 17, 2012 5:25 AM EDT

I dont think the followers are that bad. If anything they are more involving and say alot more than others. Serana is really impressive though she does alsorts of stuff from eating at a desk to potion and arcane enchanters when your character is stood around she entertains herself which i havent seen before. Also she has something to say about most places you go into which was refreshing. True her comments about being out in the sun get stale but she has a huge vocabulary. My biggest gripe would be the werewolves. If they made it like the vampire lord were u have unlimited time as the beast it would be great 

• 377 posts
    July 17, 2012 5:26 AM EDT

I feel the same way about the followers in Skyrim - they were just too bland with no back story or in-depth knowledge of who they are. Recently I've been replaying Fallout New Vegas and despite the many faults it may have (many many bugs) it sure as hell got the companions right - even the DLC companions. There's a connection with them, a bond. Not in Skyrim. In Skyrim it's like, "I did a small favor for you, now will you follow me?" and that's the extent of your relationship with  the companions. There is a desperate need for a companion overhaul in Skyrim. I really wish Skyrim's companions had been more like FNV companions. This very well may be my biggest disappointment with Skyrim.

• 409 posts
    July 17, 2012 8:13 AM EDT
    True I'm not impressed with the followers other than Serana but she misses her shots with ice shard a lot and that ends up with my dremora lords attacking her because she accidentally hit them
    • 16 posts
    July 17, 2012 8:40 AM EDT

All i gotta say is that they could of made the Dragon Bone weapons look a little cooler. Have you seen the war hammer? it looks like something im not gonna mention. But other than that DG is pretty cool.

• 409 posts
    July 17, 2012 12:45 PM EDT
    I'm kind of disappointed with the shortness of the story line it is around the same length of a faction quest line but I though it should have been longer
    • 6 posts
    July 22, 2012 8:14 PM EDT
    I think the Vampire Lords are kinda OP. I mean really, just popping in and out of it without any kind of set back and all you really need is to just launch the blood magic of drain life. They pretty much own everything.
    • 409 posts
    July 22, 2012 11:49 PM EDT

yeah I'm level 71 and I need it to beat revered dragons when im in the wilds