Forums » The Lounge

Indiana Jones

• 144 posts
    July 10, 2012 12:11 AM EDT

Indiana Jones in Raiders of the Lost Ark.jpg

Of all the Adventurers the world has know, Indiana Jones is possibly the most known and Iconic of them all.

So what's your favorite movie in the Trilogy? (I didn't particularly Like the Chrystal skull so I don't really associate it with the first three.) The trilogy includes: Raiders of the Lost Ark, The Temple of Doom, and The Last Crusade. 

• 285 posts
    July 10, 2012 12:22 AM EDT
    Last Crusade was best, hands down. Oh, as far as I'm concerned the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull never happened.
    • 54 posts
    July 10, 2012 2:34 AM EDT

Agreed, crystal skull was a joke.

• 144 posts
    July 10, 2012 4:43 AM EDT

yeah, just didn't live up to the first three. kinda made me sad.

• 271 posts
    July 10, 2012 6:57 AM EDT
    I love them all...the chrystal skull, was like you said it, a joke...but my favorite would be the last crusade...because of indiana's father Sean Connery! I mean...he IS James Bond! :-)
    • 577 posts
    July 10, 2012 11:45 AM EDT

Well, do to my age, I'll have to go with the first one, Raiders. The opening scene is iconic and epic! The lady and kid in Temple of Doom got really annoying. Crusade was pretty good though. First ones, as we all know, usually tend to be the best onesimo

• 22 posts
    July 11, 2012 12:29 AM EDT

I probably have to go with Temple of Doom just because of the glowing potatoes.

• 144 posts
    July 11, 2012 1:01 AM EDT

I think my favorite would be the temple of doom as well, but the last crusade is a very close second. I love that little Asian kid in number two!

• 22 posts
    July 11, 2012 4:09 PM EDT

Docta Jones, Docta Jones!!!

• 144 posts
    July 11, 2012 6:18 PM EDT

Holy Smokes!

• 67 posts
    July 14, 2012 12:05 PM EDT

Last Crusade wins easily for me, although i did like Raiders, wasnt massively fussed on Temple of doom though. And Crystal Skull doesnt even deserve mentioning in the discussion!!

• 668 posts
    July 17, 2012 11:34 PM EDT

I am going to agree with Ty here and say that Raiders was epic in so many ways. The iconic hat, the whip, and a little of the Han Solo attitude thrown in for good measure. Besides, religious mythology is very interesting to me and I enjoyed the storyline.

However, it was a tough choice. Sean Connery was boss as his father in Crusade That movie had some truly terrific scenes between him and Harrison Ford. 

• 63 posts
    July 18, 2012 3:04 AM EDT
    Raiders but I am in the minority about the Crystal Skull here. It gets a fourth place finish but I am very much of the opinion that it was an entertaining ride. Steven pulled an A.I. ending with the Crystal Skull and I'm also strangely reminded of Harrison Ford in Blade Runner, again with the slightly off kilter ending but I enjoyed the most of it.

Interestingly, RT critics score is 77% but the user score is 69%, a rare reversal where normally critics score is usually the worse.

Me thinks, that everyone was letting their childhood nostalgia color their appreciation of the movie...
    • 1 posts
    July 18, 2012 6:44 AM EDT

I'v got to agree with Eviltrain on this one, though my preference has got to be The last crusade then Raiders, Crystal skull only just falls short of temple of doom. Obviously it will never surpass the trilogy but as a standalone movie it's not bad.

• 98 posts
    July 18, 2012 9:01 AM EDT

Sean Connary is my favorite actor so I'll have to go with the last crusade