Forums » The Lounge

Ultimate Alien Badass

• 668 posts
    June 22, 2012 2:08 AM EDT

I was watching a Youtube video of a Fallout3 mod in which a random Arnold-type terminator (post melt-down where he was all metal and glowy red eye) would pop up randomly in the game. Basically you just ran from him (if you vant to leeve) whenever he appeared. It was awesome to be completely surprised by random terminators.

Then I was thinking, wow, that was pretty awesome!! There were SO many aliens that I thought would be amazing to fight but in the end I chose the aliens from the movie Evil Aliens because it was such splattery fun. For weapons I would use things from the movies, machetes, chainsaws, pitchforks, even deer antler. In the film a girl becomes impregnated by one of the aliens and it is the best scene ever, so if you are caught and abducted, I would definitely make it a probability that you could have an alien offspring! Now I want this game!!!

Now your turn! What alien would you want to add to your favorite game, or design a new game around. What weapons would you dream up to combat this evil? What special skills would your alien be endowed with?

• 162 posts
    June 22, 2012 2:28 AM EDT

God, Shannon. What trip were you on before posting this?

• 271 posts
    June 22, 2012 3:47 AM EDT
    E.T in Daedric armor with a AK-47 lol. ;-)
    • 952 posts
    June 22, 2012 4:30 AM EDT

Aliens, from the movies that carry the same name, and I would fight them with my bare fists, I would do this with a chuck norris character I would make for that.

CHUCK NORRIS STOPS ALIEN INVASION, now that would be a cool newspaper article.

• June 22, 2012 8:05 PM EDT

Predators. Definitely.

• 668 posts
    June 22, 2012 11:20 PM EDT

It's called my brain, my dear, Asverze. I have no acceptable answer for it other than that.

• 668 posts
    June 22, 2012 11:22 PM EDT

Wow, you must go down for my friend Stephen's style of ET. His art portrays ET eating a cat.

• 668 posts
    June 22, 2012 11:27 PM EDT

Dieter, what is this Chuck Norris obsession?! My father made me watch those movies so many times. Is it the Bruce Lee connection, the mustache... Good luck having that alien baby after that monstrous entity impregnates you. I'd recommend against a natural birth.

• 668 posts
    June 22, 2012 11:28 PM EDT

Geth Hunters remind me of Predators. I hate those things!

• 856 posts
    June 23, 2012 12:01 AM EDT

When Chuck Norris cuts onions, the onions cry.

• 668 posts
    June 23, 2012 12:06 AM EDT

According to a study done on plant responses to negative stimulus, the onion always cries, Rune. It's just crying on the inside. Poor onion.

• 856 posts
    June 23, 2012 3:19 AM EDT

Aye, I've heard of this many years ago.  I remember one person (forgot his name) involved in these experiments, began to only eat certain foods (milk and cheese were on his list - I don't remember what else, but it was a very short list).  One researcher (I think it was the same guy) cut an onion in an experiment; he compared the onion's reaction to a scream.

Plants have a way of communication - it is known that when a tree gets a parasitic infestation, it will not only begin to combat the infestation, but will transmit chemicals via air/ground to other trees - these trees, not yet infested, will begin to build their defences.

And let us not forget the 'talk to your plants' to help them grow.  Makes one wonder.

And since you undermined my earlier CN tidbit;  I am inclined to leave a couple more -  The boogey man checks under his bed for Chuck Norris.  Superheroes dress like Chuck Norris on Halloween.

• 856 posts
    June 23, 2012 3:34 AM EDT

Interesting topic.  I couldn't narrow my choice down to one.  So here's my short list:

The Borg (Star Trek), Alien, Predator, The Shadow and associated allies (Babylon 5), and any parasitic alien-life that takes over human bodies.

• 952 posts
    June 23, 2012 4:23 AM EDT

How can you not find the whole Chuck Norris thing awesome, I just love it.

• 577 posts
    June 23, 2012 5:57 AM EDT

Well I can't say these aliens were 'badass' but the movie sure as hell was!!!! It's turned into a cult classic....I give you 'They LIve'...

• 67 posts
    June 23, 2012 11:50 AM EDT

Hmmm.... going along my obession with any that looks harmless, but could kill you in the blink of an eye, I would say the Critters from the movie thyey are named after!

• 668 posts
    June 23, 2012 6:57 PM EDT

Ohhhhh, I see, Rune. Now I am undermining Chuck Norris by pleading that plants have feelings too.

Two science teachers in my school did an experiment. They hooked electrodes up to two living heads of cabbage. Then one teacher dressed in a white lab coat went into the room and viciously hacked one of the cabbages with a machete. They had several others enter and leave the room with no reaction from the still living cabbage. But, as soon as the teacher in the white lab coat came back in the room, that electrogram went crazy. Something in that plant did not wish to be hacked.

Oh, and superheroes and boogeymen only exist in the minds of men.

• 952 posts
    June 23, 2012 7:05 PM EDT

Pfff, so easy to fake, there are a million ways to make this happen.

• 668 posts
    June 23, 2012 7:06 PM EDT

LOL, Ty I remember this movie. Rowdy Rowdy Piper was amazing in that! It is so delightfully cheesy. I am actually reading Invasion of the Body Snatchers right now. I love the paranoia horror. What was that Roswell said in that snappy song back in the 80's?? :P I tried to make my boyfriend watch it with me and he looked at me like I was out of my mind completely.

• 668 posts
    June 23, 2012 7:11 PM EDT

I don't want to be assimilated. The collective wouId reject my brain as abbynormal. (Young Frankenstein :P) I just want to chainsaw a few alien hordes, Rune. Oooh, Parasite Eve. I loved that game. Gonna buy it off PS3 again. That parasite took over every life form.

• 668 posts
    June 23, 2012 7:14 PM EDT

THIS looks harmless to you. What kind of creatures dwell where you live!

• 952 posts
    June 23, 2012 7:16 PM EDT

Killer bunny's?

• 668 posts
    June 23, 2012 7:20 PM EDT

Monty Python every single chance we get.