Forums » Elder Scrolls

Heimskr the devoted prophet of Talos

• 15 posts
    June 12, 2012 6:58 PM EDT

You know, there are a lot of people in the frozen province of Skyrim. Each of them with different goals and motives. Wildly varied in appearance and purpose. However, after all the things I've seen during my time adventuring, one person that always sticks out in my mind is Heimskr. The fanatical prophet of Talos in Whiterun. There's something to be said about his single-minded focus and devotion to the demi-god. What's especially noteworthy about him is that no one EVER seems to be listening to him. Despite the fact he spends every hour of his waking life screaming at the top of his lungs about his favorite Divine. His bravery and dedication are truly inspiring as Talos worship is strictly prohibited in Skyrim. But like a man of true faith and conviction, he is completely unshaken. People joke about him quite often, but I really think he's great. I don't you have to wield a sword or magic to be a fighter for your cause, and I think what he's doing can be considered truly heroic. The other adventurers of Skyrim are often rewarded with gold or items for their efforts. Heimskr quite literally gets nothing. His only motivation being the glory of Talos. Even with no one listening to his sermon. Even when it's pouring rain. He's in the town square every single day without fail. So, to be honest I think Heimskr definitely one of the great characters in the world of Skyrim.

• 66 posts
    June 12, 2012 7:12 PM EDT

Just finished silencing him, he was beginning to irritate me.

A nice quiet steel arrow through the right shoulderblade did the job.

oooh shinies!

• 15 posts
    June 12, 2012 7:16 PM EDT

Haha I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who's never killed him.

• 66 posts
    June 12, 2012 7:29 PM EDT

Actually my Khajiit scumbag is the only character of mine who has killed Heimskr because he's neutral evil in alignment,

My Argonian shaman and Dunmer mage/vampire ignore him because they're lawful neutral and chaotic neutral respectively.

BTW, I recently started all my characters again because of a massive hiatus from Skyrim.

• 15 posts
    June 12, 2012 7:30 PM EDT

Argonian shaman? Do tell.

• 66 posts
    June 12, 2012 7:51 PM EDT

Destruction, Conjuration (by extension - One hand) and Alteration main (must have) skills and then depending on alignment you add in Alchemy Sneak or Illusion even restoration although i tend to use the resto spells without spending perk points.

For serious Role play you limit yourself to conjuring only elementals and swords (no necromancy or summoning deadric lords), fire spells should also be used in only a limited way, lots and lots of lightning lol.

Because you're the protector of Nirn you can be dragonborn :).

I like to gear myself with destruction decreasing and conjuration decreasing gear.

Have fun with it.