Forums » Elder Scrolls

What character will you being playing for Dawnguard?

• 10 posts
    June 10, 2012 5:05 AM EDT

Just a discussion to see what people are playing for Dawnguard, I'm looking for inspiration! If there's already an existing discussion I'd appreciate it if someone let me know and pointed me in the right direction.

Will you join the vampire lords or the vampire hunters?

Gender? Race? Subrace? Skills?

• 14 posts
    June 10, 2012 5:31 AM EDT

I have a build in the works that I'm going to use for the Dawnguard playthrough; a Shieldmaiden, I hope to finish my playthrough and upload the build soon (if the site isnt down by then...) But i'll wait till someone posts a good idea for a vampire lord in the Characteer Building group before I play it!

• 10 posts
    June 10, 2012 5:46 AM EDT

sounds good, the site might stay open or could relocate, we can only hope! i'm not really looking forward to the Dawnguard, to me it seems like they're a bit underpowered in comparison to the vampire lords. I'll probably play a classic paladin or warrior for the Dawnguard side.

• 708 posts
    June 10, 2012 5:48 AM EDT

I'm gonna be rolling with my Paladin for my first playthrough of Dawnguard and then for my second one as the Vampire Lords I'll be going with my Bloodthirster (upcoming build based around absorb health and equilibrium)

• 14 posts
    June 10, 2012 5:49 AM EDT

Well they'll be getting new powerful equipment I imagine. Also there will be a werewolf perk tree to balanve out werewolves against the vampires. But I agree they seem a bit underpowered, makes me wonder if they'll have something up their sleeve that Bethesda hasnt shown us yet!

• 10 posts
    June 10, 2012 5:56 AM EDT

yeah true Matt, I remember something about armored trolls for the Dawnguard and new sets of dragonbone armor and weapons. That sounds awesome and everything but most characters don't get high enough for dragon weapons. I think the Soul Tear shout is exclusive to them though.

Wow Ponty, I'd been wondering when another of your amazing builds would be up! That sounds like quite a unique playstyle, I'll probably end up using it for Dawnguard since I seem to worship yours and Mason's builds, when might we see this build?

• 31 posts
    June 10, 2012 6:25 AM EDT

<I`m going to play trough being DawnGuard with this guy. (And yes, this guy`s name is Ronald Hedgeborg "Sneak Warrior" and he is a Hero ofcourse.)

While I am now making a Khajiit for Vamp Lord wich will be named Jo`Shavir. (Wich is a wizard/ thief. and a bad guy.)  

• 57 posts
    June 10, 2012 6:43 AM EDT

For my first playthrough I'll play with my original khajiit dragonborn siding with the Dawnguard and then with my evil vampire khajiit mage siding with the Vampires 

• 708 posts
    June 10, 2012 6:44 AM EDT

At least a week or two, got another one coming tomorrow or the next day and then got another quick and simple but surprisingly missing from the group after that!

• 10 posts
    June 10, 2012 6:45 AM EDT

This Ronald Hedgeborg sounds very cool Ronald Hedgeborg, I wonder where you got the name Ronald Hedgeborg from..

A Khajiit vamp lord? God would I love to see a furry vampire lord!

• 10 posts
    June 10, 2012 7:41 AM EDT

you sound like a real khajiit fanatic, I do hope vampire lord form changes for different races, it would look a little wierd if a khajiit or argonian vampire lord looked like a nord one.

• 271 posts
    June 10, 2012 1:30 PM EDT
    A question for Ponty... Wich level is your paladin now? (if it is the original paladin from the build you posted) :-)
    • 144 posts
    June 10, 2012 4:14 PM EDT

I'm rolling my Ancient vampire build and joining the vampire lords. should be fun.

• 4 posts
    June 12, 2012 6:28 PM EDT

• 66 posts
    June 12, 2012 7:38 PM EDT

My Dunmer mage/vampire will be siding with the vampires.

Khajiit scumbag looking out for himself and stealing from whoever has the most shiny things.

Argonian Shaman will likely side with Dawnguard but only until they reveal their purpose, then if it is not in the best interests for Nirn he'll set about thinning their ranks, and also the ranks of the vampires.

To side completely with Dawnguard i'm torn between a war axe wielding Orc warrior or a Paladin style Nord with the blood of a werewolf.