Forums » Elder Scrolls

Vampire Perk Tree

• 952 posts
    June 6, 2012 7:58 AM EDT

I just found the Vampire perk tree on Gameinformer.

I'll just place it on here and let you guys enjoy it.

Should you choose to embrace the dark gift in the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dawnguard, these will be your specialized skills.

During my hands-on session of Dawnguard, I paused the game for a minute to check out the skill tree of the level 29 vampire lord Bethesda created for the demo. Here is the list of perks he had for his vampiric form:

• Power of the Grave: 50 bonus points to health, magicka, and stamina
    • Vampire Grip: A Force Pull style ability that allows you to pull distant targets toward you and choke them
    • Summon Gargoyle: Conjure up some help in battle with one of these menacing monsters
    • Corpse Curse: Paralyze your foes with this magical blast
    • Detect All Creatures: A vampire who wants to live long should stay aware of his surroundings
    • Mist Form: Turn yourself into an invulnerable cloud of mist while regenerating your health, magicka, and stamina
    • Supernatural Reflexes: A slow motion style ability that allows you to move quickly in for a kill while the enemies move sluggishly
    • Blood Healing: Killing someone by biting them restores all of your health
    • Unearthly Kill: Night powers and Blood Magic cost 33% less
    • Poison Talons: Melee attacks deal 20 points of poison damage
    • Night Cloak: A shroud of bats feed on enemies within melee range
    • 952 posts
    June 6, 2012 9:09 AM EDT

Strange, he says his character is lvl 29 but the menu says he's lvl 46. GI U LIE TO ME!!!! WHY, WHYYYYY!

• 15 posts
    June 6, 2012 9:29 AM EDT

the screen shot is just a promotional thing sent by bethesda, not taken from his play through... 

• 952 posts
    June 6, 2012 9:50 AM EDT

Yeah, I know, but now it looks so silly. It would have looked way better if he said "...the level 46 vampire lord..."

• 739 posts
    June 6, 2012 10:00 AM EDT
    Yeah it looks pretty cool! messes up my volkihar build alot though...
    I have a really strong feeling the dawnguard will be werewolves and have an opposing perk tree. It would be a rather unbalencing rivalry if not...
    Yin/yang and all that!
    Seems bethesda are underworld fans...
    A vampire vs werewolf dlc was a very popular choice in a poll we had here several months ago! Im sure they watch us...
    • 14 posts
    June 6, 2012 10:38 AM EDT

Aw maaan, those perks are super awesome and would definitely come in handy. I'm loving the Night Cloak and the Mist Form with passion Oh and the Vampire Grip...yes, the Dark side of the Forse is strong with this one...

I'm not so sure the Dawnguards are going to be a warewolf organisation as most of the fractions that hunt supernatural creatures tend to ...well hunt them all, not just the vamps. Maybe they would be something like the Vigilants of Stendarr. Also they would probably have one of the 8 divines as a patron of sorts since the vamps have Molag Bal at their backs, and the warewolfs are children of Hircine 

• 952 posts
    June 6, 2012 1:46 PM EDT

They fight in the name of Meridia in that case, BEGONE YOU FOUL UNDEAD, something like that they will be then. But it has been confirmed now that they probarly aren't going to be werewolves to compensate for their lack in awesomeness, but that they will get more crafting options and armored trolls.

• 856 posts
    June 6, 2012 5:11 PM EDT

Seem to me that it just enhances the volkihar build.... and supernatural reflexes fits right in (hopefully stacks with V's other 'speed' abilities)