Forums » General Gaming

Help with this extremely important decision

• 132 posts
    May 17, 2012 4:29 PM EDT

I have a very finite amount of money right now, so I can probably afford only one game for the next few months. I'm torn between three: Dragon's Dogma, Halo 4, and Dawnguard. Depending on how much Dawnguard costs, I might be able to get that and one of the other two, but for the sake of argument let's say I can only afford one. Which should I get?

• 297 posts
    May 17, 2012 4:30 PM EDT

if you can only get 1 dawngaurd

if you can get 2 get halo 4 aswell

• 577 posts
    May 17, 2012 6:33 PM EDT

yeah dude, Dawngauard for sure...

You know ME3 is coming out with new maps the end of this week, right? Along with new weapons and class/races. Have you considered that already? lol Start thinking about tradin' games in....sucks, but sometimes necessary.

• 708 posts
    May 17, 2012 6:35 PM EDT

O rly? Hadn't heard about this, can you send me a link?

• 577 posts
    May 17, 2012 6:39 PM EDT

I just saw the headline in my 'inbox'...but here it is for whats it worth.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/mass-effect-3-rebellion-dlc-revealed-r...

edit...yeah it could be bullshit...sorry. But then again, it could be real. I can't tell these days. lol

• 773 posts
    May 17, 2012 6:42 PM EDT

To be honest I doubt we'll see Dawnguard until September - possibly even later. And later still if you are on PC

So if you buy one of the others in the next few weeks (DD is out next week I think) then you'll have plenty of time to save up for Dawnguard

• 708 posts
    May 17, 2012 6:43 PM EDT

Not so sure about that one, I'm still having great fun with my Batarian Soldier and Geth Infiltrator from the last DLC anyway

• 132 posts
    May 17, 2012 6:51 PM EDT

The me3 dlc is probably going to be free, though. But yeah I am waiting for that.

• 577 posts
    May 17, 2012 6:51 PM EDT

I know William's a big MPME3 fan (jammed a couple rounds with him) and I swear, I looked at the headline, then came over here and saw this thread. Jumped the gun a little. lol

I'm with you Ponts, I'm still having fun the with what we got now. William on the other hand, since he's pretty advanced, would drool over this news. lol

• 132 posts
    May 17, 2012 6:56 PM EDT

Yup DD is out on the 22nd, and Halo 4 is the 11th of next month I think. I've played the DD demo and it's awesome, but Halo 4 sounds awesome as well, especially the new Spartan Ops. I'll probably end up waiting until E3 anyways to hear what's up with Dawnguard, then I'll make my decision.

• 132 posts
    May 17, 2012 6:57 PM EDT

Har har, I heard of the leak last week :P my drooling is already done

• 426 posts
    May 17, 2012 6:57 PM EDT

I would go for Halo 4. Back to playing Master Chief and the start of a new Story Arc from Bungie. Hopefully it will wipe the floor with COD 

• 60 posts
    May 17, 2012 7:00 PM EDT

Halo 4 sucks. It's like Call of Duty, same game, new graphics. (at least in my opinion)

Dragon's Dogma feels a bit over rated, after playing the Demo, I'm really not impressed at all. It plays way too arcadish to me... If you can only do one of the three, go for the Dawnguard.

EDIT

Before some idiot starts crap, I've played the Demos. Havn't done Dawnguard, nor Halo 4, but following trends of Halo Games, they are more and more over rated like Call of Duty IMHO. And the Demo to Dragons Dogma, totally sucks. Very childish arcade style game.

• 426 posts
    May 17, 2012 7:05 PM EDT

Not at all the story behind Halo has much more depth and has always been Sci Fi. The COD games are a money machine I stopped playing them a few titles ago as the didn't offer anything. Halo has a top single player and a much more fun multiplayer.

• 577 posts
    May 17, 2012 7:06 PM EDT

Halo's not until Nov. 9

• 577 posts
    May 17, 2012 7:08 PM EDT

come on dude, bring it down. no need to get all fired up.....

• 132 posts
    May 17, 2012 7:09 PM EDT

If DD feels arcade style to you, you're doing it wrong. You don't climb all over giant monsters, crippling their appendages one-by-one while hanging on for dear life while it tries to kill you in arcade games. I don't know how you could possibly compare Call of Duty to Halo, since pretty much all they have in common is that they are in first person, but sure.

• 739 posts
    May 17, 2012 7:17 PM EDT

I happen to really like COD, its fine if you take it for exactly what it is...

I think sometimes people expect to much from a series, there would be even bigger outrage if they completely stopped making new call of duty titles.

What can they do really?

Each new game features new maps, new weapons and a slightly new scenario (war is war). I think thats all fans of the series really need in order to keep playing.

• 132 posts
    May 17, 2012 7:19 PM EDT

Orrrr you could play Battlefield 3, which is a vastly superior game in every way

• 952 posts
    May 17, 2012 7:20 PM EDT

I really like COD but only because of it's mulitplayer. Too bad just about every kid in the world with acces to games plays this online as well and after about a month it's filled with hackers, ragequitters, glitchers, and noobtubers.

The gameplay is basically ruined because of it's popularity.

• 739 posts
    May 17, 2012 7:22 PM EDT

Ive never completed COD in single player, i buy the game and play team deathmatch only, lol!

• 952 posts
    May 17, 2012 7:23 PM EDT

I like HQ as well, that's my favourite mode, and I stopped playing COD singleplayers after MW1.

• 952 posts
    May 17, 2012 7:25 PM EDT

It sounds like a great game, it really does, but my brother already bought MW3 and I didn't want to spend even more money on an almost identical game.

• 60 posts
    May 17, 2012 7:26 PM EDT

Which that in itself becomes redundant. Once you make your main build att he beginning, selecting weight, etc. etc. after finishing the demo, if the final product is anything like it, you'd enjoy colossus much, much more than DD. 

To me, it just doesn't feel right on how it plays for the style of gameplay it has. And the way it progresses, if you don't stick to the exact role youd esign your character too, you suffer heavily later on if you try to go "out of the box" to make quest scenarios happen. 

Playing the Demo for a few days, that's what I've found.

• 60 posts
    May 17, 2012 7:33 PM EDT

BF3 and BC2 are far beyond any call of duty game.