Forums » General Gaming

Online games

• 966 posts
    May 3, 2012 5:56 PM EDT

Everyone is now thinking about The Elder Scrolls online ofcourse. In that discussion came the idea to form a sort of "guild" for members of The Skyrim Blog. Then i also though, what about other games, maybe we can team up in other online games too.

So, if you're playing an online game, and want to see if other members here may be able to join in, then this should be the place to do it.

Right now, i myself play: Illyriad and Kings of Kings 3. Illyriad is quite a nice game really, a really good community that helps new players and attacks idiots, like it should be ;) My name there is Alduin101

Kings of Kings 3 is also quite good, i normally don't play this kind of games, but this one has been quite enjoyable, and would love to see some Skyrim Blog members there too, as i was also just about to make a new guild. My name there is TheDutchman. I tried to get something Elder Scrolls related, but everything i tried was taken :(

Both of these are free. Kings of kings 3 requires a download though.

And what about you guys? Play any online games?

• 708 posts
    May 3, 2012 6:12 PM EDT

I used to play alot (Runes of Magic, Lord of the Rings Online, Allods Online, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Global Agenda, a few others I quit after about 10 hours from boredom) but not so much these days. I'm really looking forward to Neverwinter though, can't wait for open beta/closed beta key.

• 297 posts
    May 3, 2012 6:35 PM EDT

i have played quite a lot also,

star trek online,

dragon ball online (Taiwanese version)

world of war craft (ended up hating this game)

perfect world online,

dc universe online (ps3 version, a great game for the fact that it was on ps3 and games mechanics were made for console)

bounty bay online,(meh Korean game)

pirates of the carribean online (i know sounds corny but was quite fun)

and lastly eve online, i think thats all

in future im getting pumped for guild wars 2 which will satisfy  me until this big beautiful bomb drops in 2013

• 708 posts
    May 3, 2012 6:47 PM EDT

Is STO any good? I've considered trying it now that it's f2p

• 297 posts
    May 3, 2012 6:51 PM EDT

sto has a great community ingame my advice would be too get in a fleet asap as they will guide you towards a build that suits you far better than the forums ,

there is a load of content as this game was ptp for so long so you will be playing for ages

i honestly burned myself out  because i played so much for like 6 months ,

also it helps if your a star trek fan obviously lol

• 708 posts
    May 3, 2012 6:54 PM EDT

Cool, I'll probably try it out over mid-year break!

• 966 posts
    May 4, 2012 8:34 AM EDT

Is there no one that can play with me?

• May 4, 2012 2:26 PM EDT

I played DDO for a bit but then got a computer for my own. DDO was the best one I played, fun and different.

I played EQ with my dad and bro about 2-3-4 () years ago and it was pretty fun. We got to level 43ish and the server or whatever went down for a long time so we went to this server that made you level really fast and stuff and it kind of ruined it XD

Played EQ2 recently but I just kinda get bored after awhile with most MMOs it seems. I got to level 20 with a few characters and a Paladin to level 30 maybe. I uninstalled it though cause I don't really know if I'm gonna play it again at least for awhile.

Before all these I played Minions of Mirth, my first MMO. It was fairly crappy :P Bad visuals (Arrows just shot out from the body), you could kite pretty much everything, Free to Play, horribly overused mobs with just different colors, levels, and even sizes... It did bring some fairly unique and interesting things to the genre though. As you level (To 100) you get to pick a total of 3 classes for your 1 guy, you could get 'templates' and play as monsters. Those are the main things but yeah, that's basically it.

If I did try another MMO I'd try Anarchy Online (Sounds fairly fun) or maybe the new TOR that came out if it became free, I've been recommended it even with my standards of not liking MMOs much.

• 966 posts
    May 4, 2012 2:33 PM EDT

You should try KOK too, it´s awesome, you can join up in the new guild, would be awesome to have you (and other members) join!

• 773 posts
    May 4, 2012 2:36 PM EDT

Can we have a glossary of the acronyms please 

KOK?

STO?

DDO?

EQ?

• 966 posts
    May 4, 2012 2:38 PM EDT

LOL Paul,

KOK is King of Kings

STO is Star Trek Online

Not sure about the others

• 952 posts
    May 4, 2012 2:39 PM EDT

I did Allods and AoC, the latter was more fun, but those games both started to bore pretty quick, but a good clan can help make it fun.

• 773 posts
    May 4, 2012 2:42 PM EDT

Add 'AoC' to the acronym glossary pls 

• 952 posts
    May 4, 2012 2:43 PM EDT

AoC: Age of Conan

• 21 posts
    May 4, 2012 3:05 PM EDT

Also used to play a lot of these but have slacked off considerably.  Looking forward to The Secret World however as it's a very "brainy" game with a lot of puzzles to solve.