Forums » Introduce Yourself

Another wanderer returns!

• 209 posts
    August 1, 2019 4:13 PM EDT

Good evening everyone!

I see there are a few similar discussions but I'm a former active member and forum mod, not sure if anyone is still around that remembers me. I was around mainly between 2011-2014 but can see the last time I was active was Fallout 4's release in 2015.

Crazy to think I signed up to this place 8 years ago and chatted with some amazing and talented people, we've all continued to grow as people since then and I'm interested to see what the community is up to and how it has evolved. I'm hoping to stick around for a while if you'll have me!

I did enjoy writing and was part of the less than productive group story... I'm awful with names and have since forgotten the name, 'children of....?'

Hope you're all well and feel free to drop me a DM or reply to this thread to chat! I've also taken the liberty of joining the Discord :)

• 1595 posts
    August 1, 2019 4:57 PM EDT

Welcome back Shimazu. I can't remember the story you refer to but it probably still exists here somewhere xD A less-than-productive group story sounds like a banging idea, too! Maybe start a new one?

• 1467 posts
    August 1, 2019 9:50 PM EDT

That actually sounds super interesting, was the format more a 'everyone writes a chapter' or a pure collaboration of some sort? Either way that sort of thing absolutely sounds like it'd be cool to experiment with again :) Anyway, welcome back Shimazu, seems like you were mostly active just before I got it here but always great to see returning members :D

Let me know if you need any help navigating the new site, or any help on Discord or whatever.

• 209 posts
    August 2, 2019 2:53 AM EDT

So, everybody involved wrote an intro to their party member and the story was written from the various members POVs. The was an over arching story that was looked after by the lead writer of the group. My character was an impoverished veteran mercenary earning coin at the Imperial arena. It was fun although it never left the confines of the group unfortunately.

• 7 posts
    August 29, 2019 2:19 AM EDT

Shimazu said:

So, everybody involved wrote an intro to their party member and the story was written from the various members POVs. The was an over arching story that was looked after by the lead writer of the group. My character was an impoverished veteran mercenary earning coin at the Imperial arena. It was fun although it never left the confines of the group unfortunately.

That actually sounds really interesting and would love to see that done (again).