Forums » General Gaming

E3 2019 - Bethesda Breakdown

• 1467 posts
    June 9, 2019 8:17 PM EDT

Hey guys, you might have seen my E3 2019 - Microsoft Breakdown, and this is the Bethesda version. Just breaking down anything and everything that is announced by Bethesda during their E3 conference, and hoping that we get Skyrim for your fridge like what they hinted at last year. It's not expected to be a huge year, especially with the announcement of the next-gen Xbox as 2020 (which we assume will mean more news for bigger games) but there's still a fair bit to be excited for. Fallout 76, Doom, Rage, maybe even Dishonored, Prey or something new. 

Also, feel free to join the disucssion over at our Tamriel Vault Discord, which is going to be chatting about whatever is revealed (and a lot of stuff that isn't probably). 

Other E3 Conferences:

This post was edited by SpookyBorn2021 at June 12, 2019 2:41 AM EDT
    • 1467 posts
    June 9, 2019 8:28 PM EDT

Doom Eternal does seem like it's going to be a major aspect of the Conference. It's the only game specifically mentioned in the description of the Stream, and the stream is actually...tagged with it? Don't know the specific term but it's under the category of Doom Eternal. 

• 1467 posts
    June 9, 2019 8:43 PM EDT

Elder Scrolls Blades

• Largest update for the game is coming out tonight
    • Solo Arena Battles
    • Custom Jewelry
    • New Dragon Questline
    • Switchblades...I think it might be a new weapon, or maybe Blades coming to Switch. EDIT: It's the second one, and still free (shocking). 
    • Cross-Play and Cross Progression across devices including the Switch.
    • New DLC is going to be released, 

This post was edited by SpookyBorn2021 at June 10, 2019 1:06 AM EDT
    • 1467 posts
    June 9, 2019 8:50 PM EDT

Fallout 76 news is second, could be interesting. They've been really good about shitting on themselves with the launch to be honest.

New Expansion (?) - Wastelanders, coming Fall 2019

• Wastelanders is going to fundamentally change the game as an update (free I think). EDIT: Definitely free
    • Appalachia is bad apparently. Overseer lady says that. 
    • PEOPLE!!! There are going to be NPC's of a pretty massive variety added by the new update. NPC's that are human, and can be talked to. 
    • There's going to be a new main quest, the promise of choices having consequences (maybe real ones even). New items and just a lot of new stuff.
    • Free trial from June 10th to June 17th

New DLC - Nuclear Winter, coming June 10th (I think)

• Boxing???
    • Ring of Fire is the theme song...so win
    • Lots of Running
    • It looks like it might be a more focused PvP/PvE experience with the new Vault as the ultimiate location. They're using the term Deathmatch. 
    • Battle Royale...only 52 players, but...are you really all that shocked?
    • I do think it's interesting that creatures are going to be involved in the battle royale, it's not like most others where it's just people. 

This post was edited by SpookyBorn2021 at June 9, 2019 9:59 PM EDT
    • 1467 posts
    June 9, 2019 8:50 PM EDT

He mentioned Starfield and TES 6 at least...also Todd has left.

This post was edited by SpookyBorn2021 at June 9, 2019 8:51 PM EDT
    • 1467 posts
    June 9, 2019 8:56 PM EDT

New Game - Ghostwire Tokyo made by the people who made Evil Within

• Action-Adventure Game
    • Fighting supernatural evil. 
    • Very spoopy apparently, but not a survival-horror game. Seems almost like a mystery game, with conspiracies and stuff.
    • Interesting, seems like the core idea of the game is that you meet various spirits in Tokyo. Some are peaceful, others are violent but it seems like helping people is a big part of the game. Hard to tell but I'm getting Mystery-Detective vibes from it which is fascinating. 
    • Seems like people are just dissapearing suddenly. 
    • Bows and Magic Powers confirmed...thus, awesome shit. 

This post was edited by SpookyBorn2021 at June 9, 2019 9:54 PM EDT
    • 1467 posts
    June 9, 2019 9:06 PM EDT

ESO News

• ESO has Dragons (just in case you don't know). They should be in everything, so Dragons are great.
    • Eh...it's a cinematic video. Not sure if it's a trailer but Abnur is running from a Dragon. Dragon is burning down villages (which is something that legends don't do as we all know). Khajiit decides to stab Dragon with stabby-sword, gets hit by tail. Breton Necromancer decides to turn into a Bone Collosus and fight the Dragon. Abnur is now helping with magical rod. Sai was there, he brings an army to shoot arrows at the dragon. Abnur uses more magic. Really this description is all you need, don't watch the excellent cinematic video, just listen to me explaining things very slowly. Looks like Dragon is about to be Smaug-ed (just with a cat-person instead of a small boy). TURNS OUT THERE ARE MORE DRAGONS. Moon stuff.
    • Okay, so it's not a trailer, just a video. 
    • Nevermind, it is a trailer sorta. At least a teaser for Dragonhold which is the next DLC involving Sai  and the Dragonguard. Very fascinating stuff so far.
    • Scalebreaker is the next Dungeon DLC.

This post was edited by SpookyBorn2021 at June 9, 2019 9:52 PM EDT
    • 1467 posts
    June 9, 2019 9:09 PM EDT

New Game from Zenimax Online - Commander Keen...

• A free mobile...MMO? Look I have no idea what the fuck this is, I'm just gonna be real with you. EDIT: I don't think it's an MMO anymore.
    • Apparently it was one of the earliest PC Action Games created ages ago. 
    • Characters are Billy and Billie (male and female respectively). 
    • Dude, I give up. I have no idea what the hell is happening with this game, it makes no sense and I have no idea what anything is. Just going to be honest with you, the trailer is needed for this to make any sense. It does have battle mode, a campaign

This post was edited by SpookyBorn2021 at June 9, 2019 10:01 PM EDT
    • 1467 posts
    June 9, 2019 9:16 PM EDT

Rage 2 News:

• Rage 2 is acting like it's...I think a 90's family sitcom. 
    • Rise of the Ghosts Expansion 
    • Apparently there's going to be new weekly content for the game. 
    • Mech-Suit confirmed. Looks like it can...do an aerial spin.
    • New gameplay Modes.

It was just a really nice trailer, tonnes of comedy and just general awesomeness. Definitely recommend watching it even if you aren't a Rage fan.

This post was edited by SpookyBorn2021 at June 10, 2019 1:05 AM EDT
    • 1467 posts
    June 9, 2019 9:21 PM EDT

Wolfenstein News:

• Nazis are bad
    • 2 new Wolfenstein Games coming.
    • One of them is Wolfenstein: Cyberpilot, a VR game set in France. Looks like a pretty boring shooter, but you do spend your time killing nazis in VR, which is apparently more fun than regular nazi killing. 
    • Wolfenstein: Youngblood is going to be launching...this summer I think he said. It has lots of weapons, so that's good. It's going to be a co-op game as well. EDIT: July 26th actually. It'll be on basically all systems as well (not mobile, but Switch, PS4, Xbox, PC). 
    • The point really is just that you kill Nazis...so yeah. The gameplay for Youngblood does look really solid, excellent pacing and plenty of gore if that's your thing. Also shows a pretty good variety of weapons. 

This post was edited by SpookyBorn2021 at June 10, 2019 1:03 AM EDT
    • 1467 posts
    June 9, 2019 9:26 PM EDT

New Game from Arkane Studios - Deathloop

• Set in a place called Black Reef. Almost looks like some sort of asylum island, plenty of people that at the very least act insane. It looks like some sort of anarchy driven community. 
    • Okay, the premise seems to be that there's a cycle of rebirth sort of. Everytime one of the characters die they're returned to where they woke up for the first time. They're completely opposed, opposite characters with one loving anarchy and the other trying to 'fix' the world. I might have to watch the trailer a few times to fully understand it, but it looks like a fascinating game.
    • A lot of what they want to do is based on the same concept of Dishonored. Letting you approach challenges in whatever way you want. 

This post was edited by SpookyBorn2021 at June 9, 2019 9:55 PM EDT
    • 1467 posts
    June 9, 2019 9:27 PM EDT

Going to come back and edit in trailers guys, don't worry, I just didn't have a lot of time to do it between new information. Microsoft had larger gaps (and less to talk about, managed to get the concept of their games really quickly).

• 1467 posts
    June 9, 2019 9:44 PM EDT

Doom Eternal: Release Date - November 22nd 2019

• Lots of new weapons it looks like. Some can transform, not sure if that's news, or how great it's going to be. Could be something like Bloodborne's trick weapons, or just a gimmick a few have.
    • Will end up in Heaven, Hell, Earth, The Sentinal Homeworld (whatever that is) and even more locations. Seems like a much larger game than the previous one. It's an interesting spin I suppose, not sure since I haven't played all of the Doom games but it's cool.
    • Seems like minor puzzles and world navigation has been improved a lot. Swimming, spinning, jumping, using platforms, other parkour style movement systems. It's a really interesting way to move around which makes the gameplay look a lot more dynamic. 
    • Mars is incredibly torn-up. Pieces of the planet literally floating around in orbit, and it just generally looks like Hell has taken over the planet completely. Looks really cool but can't say much more than that. 
    • New enemies are confirmed. 
    • Movement is definitely even more fluid and varied than Doom (2016), seems like enemies can be a bit more mobile at times as well (not all of them, obviously) which might be interesting. If enemies get new movement styles as well it could make for a much more interesting combat style. 
    • It does seem like weapons are all adjustable . It'd hard to say based just on what we have, but a lot of guns have shown multiple forms. 
    • Chain-Gun is awesome looking. Literally shoot a chain into an enemy and pull yourself towards them.
    • New game-mode called Battlemode ( I know, it's not creative). It's really interesting sounding because it lets you play as the Demons fighting a Doomslayer. It's a multiplayer game that involves two Demons trying to kill a single Demonslayer. It's just a really interesting concept because each of the Demons will have a unique playstyle, attacks, movement patterns, etc. I think it's like the Left 4 Dead game modes where you can play as the infected if anyone's played them. I think it's the selling point for me personally.

This post was edited by SpookyBorn2021 at June 10, 2019 1:04 AM EDT
    • 1467 posts
    June 10, 2019 1:07 AM EDT

Elder Scrolls Legends DLC: Moons of Elsweyr

• 1595 posts
    June 10, 2019 5:40 AM EDT

Dragonborn2121 said:

ESO News

• ESO has Dragons (just in case you don't know). They should be in everything, so Dragons are great.
    • Eh...it's a cinematic video. Not sure if it's a trailer but Abnur is running from a Dragon. Dragon is burning down villages (which is something that legends don't do as we all know). Khajiit decides to stab Dragon with stabby-sword, gets hit by tail. Breton Necromancer decides to turn into a Bone Collosus and fight the Dragon. Abnur is now helping with magical rod. Sai was there, he brings an army to shoot arrows at the dragon. Abnur uses more magic. Really this description is all you need, don't watch the excellent cinematic video, just listen to me explaining things very slowly. Looks like Dragon is about to be Smaug-ed (just with a cat-person instead of a small boy). TURNS OUT THERE ARE MORE DRAGONS. Moon stuff.
    • Okay, so it's not a trailer, just a video. 
    • Nevermind, it is a trailer sorta. At least a teaser for Dragonhold which is the next DLC involving Sai  and the Dragonguard. Very fascinating stuff so far.
    • Scalebreaker is the next Dungeon DLC.

Thanks for the summary DB! Lots to look forward to for the rest of the year as ESO just gets bigger and better. TES VI? Don't need it, Elder Scrolls Online continues to carry the setting into the future.

• 1467 posts
    June 10, 2019 7:15 AM EDT

Thanks for the summary DB! Lots to look forward to for the rest of the year as ESO just gets bigger and better. TES VI? Don't need it, Elder Scrolls Online continues to carry the setting into the future.

I am super interested in Dragonhold, I'm not a big Dungeon DLC sorta person so Scalebreaker doesn't do much for me but anymore Year of the Dragon content is absolutely great. I definitely think that this season is really interesting, the new stuff that's been revealed is really fascinating and it looks like the direction for ESO is somehow only moving upwards (as in, I had no idea it could get better consistantly). 

I think, this year E3 was really interesting for Bethesda. I don't know if it was great, but it was certainly a win in my opinion. It's tough, because realistically last year was awesome in theory but ended up being a teeny bit of a clusterfuck, but this year seems average-good in theory and has the potential to be even better. I'm excited for Fallout 76 again, ESO, Blades and all of the new games that were announced (as well as Doom Eternal) so for me it was a big win...sorta.

• 773 posts
    June 10, 2019 7:57 AM EDT

Thanks for doing the updates, it was good to get up this morning and have it all laid out like this.

I know we were warned there'd be no Starfield or ESVI update, but I'm still kinda disappointed there wasn't for some reason. I held out (vain, as it turned out) hope that there'd be a swerve and we'd get a Steve Jobs style 'And one last thing', and it would be a Starfield reveal.

I'm guessing it means Starfield trailer in 2020 and likely a 2021 release. That means no Elder Scrolls VI until about 2023 (allowing for the usual DLC cycle). Mind you, with Elder Scrolls Online currently smashing it out of the park, I'm less and less bothered about Elder Scrolls VI. Why worry about a game that won't be here for years, will likely be a massive letdown, when there's a really, REALLY great game that Ican play right now?

I'm a bit more interested in Fallout 76 than I was before as well. I'll see how the new updates pan out, and read some reviews. But IF they've finally addressed the lack of interaction and proper quests AND fixed the majoirty of the bugs that were in the game at launch, then I'll probably jump in an actually play it.

This post was edited by Paul at June 10, 2019 7:58 AM EDT
    • 1467 posts
    June 10, 2019 11:59 PM EDT

Thanks for doing the updates, it was good to get up this morning and have it all laid out like this.

I know we were warned there'd be no Starfield or ESVI update, but I'm still kinda disappointed there wasn't for some reason. I held out (vain, as it turned out) hope that there'd be a swerve and we'd get a Steve Jobs style 'And one last thing', and it would be a Starfield reveal.

I really didn't think there would be anything, so it wasn't really a dissapointment at all. It was more, that if we got it I would've been happy but I'm fine that we didn't. 

I'm guessing it means Starfield trailer in 2020 and likely a 2021 release. That means no Elder Scrolls VI until about 2023 (allowing for the usual DLC cycle). Mind you, with Elder Scrolls Online currently smashing it out of the park, I'm less and less bothered about Elder Scrolls VI. Why worry about a game that won't be here for years, will likely be a massive letdown, when there's a really, REALLY great game that Ican play right now?

I think that does make sense. Honestly, with the Next-Gen consoles coming out in 2020 it would be fitting to get Starfield in 2021. As for ES 6...well I'm not sure, I think it might be longer than we think, though the next-gen consoles have me feeling a little bit better about the delay. The Xbox really does seem like it'll be a massive jump from the current systems so...yeah. 

I'm a bit more interested in Fallout 76 than I was before as well. I'll see how the new updates pan out, and read some reviews. But IF they've finally addressed the lack of interaction and proper quests AND fixed the majoirty of the bugs that were in the game at launch, then I'll probably jump in an actually play it.

True, I think it has the potential to low-key be the winner of E3 for Bethesda. Unless any of their new IP's do really well, I think the updates to Fallout 76 could be really, really good. I could be wrong, but I'm definitely going to be trying it all out. Though, personally I'm still not opposed to the original concept of F76, I think the idea was interesting it just wasn't handled well, and to some extent, Wastelanders ruins that core concept a bit.