Forums » General Gaming

E3 2019 - Microsoft Breakdown

• 1467 posts
    June 9, 2019 5:14 PM EDT

Crossfire trailer, which looks like a relatively interesting game. There's a building falling down but my gut says this means it's a cinematic trailer. Would be incredibly happy to be wrong but I just don't know what this game is all about other than shooting people (and tanks and whatnot). Doesn't look like the trailer says much other than "Hey, look at our awesome looking trailer"

EDIT: It's called CrossfireX, not Crossfire. Totally not different maybe?

This post was edited by SpookyBorn2021 at June 9, 2019 6:03 PM EDT
    • 1467 posts
    June 9, 2019 5:16 PM EDT

Bandai Namco game...very pretty looking so far with a definite fantasy feel. Shockingly, everything you/we/they knew as a truth....was a lie which is a completley original line (obviously). 

Tales of Arise is the name, it looks pretty cool but yeah just have no idea what it's about. Coming 2020 though

This post was edited by SpookyBorn2021 at June 9, 2019 6:04 PM EDT
    • 1467 posts
    June 9, 2019 5:18 PM EDT

Borderlands 3 stuff. Alright so it's really interesting looking so far. Seems like one of the characters is a pet-based character, the Siren is the Brawler-type character with glowing arms. Stealth dude of course, who seems to be able to teleport behind enemies who attack him. Children of the Vault seems to be the primary enemy group int his game but I don't know anymore about it. OH Shit, a Jump Kick, is that a gameplay mechanic or just a cinematic thing. Because I could totally go some sort of mobile/aerial melee combat system.  

Right, just so you know that having the Handsome Collection gives you an additional Borderlands 2 DLC that apparently sets up the third game.

This post was edited by SpookyBorn2021 at June 9, 2019 5:23 PM EDT
    • 1467 posts
    June 9, 2019 5:21 PM EDT

OH FUCK. MIYAZAKI ---- R.R. MARTIN GAME CONFIRMED!!! The From Software game that had pretty much been leaked recently. 

Looks like, the Elden Ring title was real, and it looks bloody amazing. Obviously this is just a cinematic trailer so far and doesn't provide much detail but it just looks amazing. I mean, there's a wee bit of LoTR style stuff with similar music and the title being basically the same font. But it's awesome, no release date but it's awesome.

This post was edited by SpookyBorn2021 at June 9, 2019 5:24 PM EDT
    • 1467 posts
    June 9, 2019 5:28 PM EDT

Alright guys, the new console is being revealed...or at least there are details for it being announced today. There's a lot of bullshit going around of course, just talking about how great it's going to be and how it's definitely going to be better than anything else. 

• They've said that the aim is to remove Loading Screens, which I guess just means it'll be a super powerful console.
    • Shit, 4 times more powerful than the Xbox One X
    • 8K capability...so you know, when 4K isn't good enough for you.
    • Massive performance upgrade for it apparently, they're saying 40 times I think.
    • Some sort of cross platform stuff, not sure what that really means. 
    • Project Scarlett (with two t's of course) is still the name fo the console.
    • Release date given. Holidays 2020, which I assume means Christmas time but I could be wrong there.
    • Halo (no more details, but I assume Infinite) is going to come with the new Xbox.

This post was edited by SpookyBorn2021 at June 9, 2019 6:07 PM EDT
    • 1467 posts
    June 9, 2019 5:37 PM EDT

The VA does sounds familiar... I know it's a stretch, but he reminds me of Jesse from Breaking Bad (Aaron Paul). Could it be him?

Yeah, you might be right there, at least I can see the familiarity between the two so even if we're wrong it's still pretty close.

I think the dude dying isn't set in stone, and it depends on your actions.

That'd be awesome, could be and it's obviously a bit hard to tell right now. I hope it is, because it'd very much fit in with what they've told us about the game so far.

I have a feeling Dexter DeShawn will be a major antagonist in Cyberpunk 2077. I don't think that's up to the player. Also, Keanu is always a joy to see.

Agreed on both points, it does seem like...he might not be guarenteed as the antagonist (which makes it really interesting) but yeah it looks like with that path at least he's going to be a villain. I think, what they might go for is multiple antagonists depending on the path you take through the game, but I could be wrong because nothing's actually indiciated that. I just think it'd be a better fit for their concept.

I think you talked about the music in Discord, right? I remember reading somewhere that they were making/comissioning exclusive music to use in the game.

I think I did. Honestly a bit unsure where I've said stuff at this point :P

Okay, I have until April 16 to buy at least a new GPU.

Fair enough :D

• 1467 posts
    June 9, 2019 6:06 PM EDT

Just going through and adding trailers but this is more or less the chunk of what Microsoft announced. I think I missed a few things because the stream lagged, and there was a chunk where they revealed about 20 games in 20 seconds and I just couldn't grab each individual launch, especially because most of them were indie games only being released through Game Pass (I think...). 

Anyone have any thoughts on the overall quality of the presentation, or any of the games that were given more info or revealed. I liked that Bethesda didn't release anything with this conference, just because I think it makes there's seem a bit more seperated from Microsoft. Last year they almost felt connected which put me off a bit.

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    June 9, 2019 9:38 PM EDT

Keanu Reeves' character is likely Johnny Silverhand: https://cyberpunk.fandom.com/wiki/Johnny_Silverhand

I think he's the guy that sings the song we hear in V's apartment during the original gameplay for 2077. He's also one of the choices you can select for "Childhood Hero" during character creation.

This post was edited by Mr. at June 9, 2019 9:38 PM EDT