Forums » Elder Scrolls

I've got an "infinite loading screen" on my PS4 Skyrim- help

• 83 posts
    March 20, 2019 9:21 AM EDT

See topic.

I've already done all the "normal" solves - reinstalling the game, cleaing space on my PS4's hard drive, etc.

The "infinite loading screen" keeps moving properly (I can turn the image and make it grow and shrink via my controller, and the messages change) - so the game is not locked up, but it keeps going and going.

Bonus if this is actually solved by a Bethesda employee!

• 224 posts
    March 21, 2019 10:16 PM EDT

Hello, It looks as some compatibility problem with the PS4, I know this commentary will not help but maybe in future If you consider it could help, I would suggest try to play any TES game in PC, consoles are so limited (you cannot add a new graphic card, change the processor, add more ram memory, etc.), I mean If you really want to immerse in the game, should try TES on PC, also there is a huge "bonus universe" what are the mods, ton and ton of content you can choose, use it and make any TES game your own particular experience and free... (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim)

consoles are made for casual playing, actually don't know why consoles exists (well I know are made just for commercial purpose)... I would suggest you to just throw that console to trash and forget about chains of limits and subjugation console offers to "mass common people", you can be a simple console sheep, subjugated by commercial games, made poorly and with lack of deep content or a PC alpha-wolf (If you reach to build your own PC with the most expensive and quality hardware you could), discover a new universe of almost limited possibilities and be free to choose your gameplay experience...

PC Master race forever! destroying and spreading the voice since the first console appeared...

• 83 posts
    March 24, 2019 8:23 AM EDT

I fixed it.  Thanks.

• 224 posts
    March 24, 2019 9:14 PM EDT

Jake Johnson, that's good, well it just was my way to invite you cordially to PC Master race, I hope in future you could be a devote to PC, didn't wanted to be bully or something, just was trying to tell you the amazing universe a PC can make and add to any TES game, I hope you would consider it, when get bored of consoles, also If you still being fan of TES, regards.

• 275 posts
    March 24, 2019 10:23 PM EDT

Mind explaining how you fixed it? I'm not having the problem, but an explaination might help people in the future.

• 83 posts
    March 25, 2019 8:27 AM EDT

I think I simply deleted and re-installed the game.

I also cleared out space from my PS4.

This post was edited by Jake Johnson at March 25, 2019 8:27 AM EDT