Forums » General Gaming

Black Friday 2018 - What Are You Buying?

• 248 posts
    November 20, 2018 1:47 PM EST

Mottyskills back again for the thrid annual Black Friday Gaming Deals Thread! For a cruise down memory lane, check out my 2016 and 2017 versions. 

Each year in our time of gross conspicuous consumption, I like to highlight a few deals popping up around the internet and ask - what are you buying / hoping / asking for this year?

Notable Great Bundles and Consoles:

1. PS4 Slim | Spiderman Bundle ($39.59 game alone or $199 bundle) - The well reviewed GOTY contender can be had stand alone for less than $40 USD or maybe you've been holding out for a cheap entryway into PS4 only titles with a console unit. Less than $200 for both is pretty sick. Check Amazon, Walmart and other vendors for this widespread deal. PS Plus membership is also on sale at Best buy for just $39.99 ($20 off). 

2. XBOX ONE X ($100 off @ $399) Speaking of Consoles, Microsoft's premium box is getting a big price slas this holiday. Amazon is already showing it at that price.

3. XBOX ONE S Minecraft Bundle ($199) - Another $100 discount on a Minecraft / XBOX Bundle is popping up everywhere.

Check Polygon's Updated Blog for more!

Notable Games on Sale:

- Fallout 76 ($29.99 Gamestop)

- God of War ($17 Gamestop)

- Assassin's Creed Odyssey ($27 Gamestop)

- Skyrim ($35 Walmart, Nintendo Switch version)

- FO4 GOTY Edition on PC ($24 Green Man Gaming)

- Shadow of the Tomb Raider ($27 Gamestop)

Feel free to comment and add to the list as you see killer deals. As for me, I'll probably snag God of War on PS4. It looked really great as a later year playthrough after I make my way through RDR2 and FO76.

WHAT ARE YOU BUYING?

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    November 20, 2018 7:06 PM EST

Nothing. I've started saving, as I have a PC upgrade (more like a new PC) in mind for the next couple of years. I want the best possible thing so that it can run Cyberpunk 2077, Red Dead Redemption 2 if it comes to PC and at least the next 3 or 4 main Total War games (I think I can run Three Kingdoms on High+, but I already can't leave every Warhammer 2 setting on Ultra).

I think this upgrade will also let me run Starfield and TES VI on max, though that's just speculation. Maybe even Fallout 5, ha! Hopefully Beth will have gotten its shit together by then and ditched the voiced main characters and hired some new writers.

This post was edited by Mr. at November 20, 2018 7:07 PM EST
    • 248 posts
    November 20, 2018 8:54 PM EST

I like and respect the planning ahead - especially for those titles. Does Cyberpunk have a definitive release date? I suppose I could google that...

June 2019?! That's not too far off.

Dude, RDR2 is...so so great. Even on my lowly PS4 :)

This post was edited by Mottyskills at November 20, 2018 8:57 PM EST
    • 1441 posts
    November 20, 2018 10:23 PM EST

Just got BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    November 21, 2018 11:12 AM EST

Mottyskills said:

I like and respect the planning ahead - especially for those titles. Does Cyberpunk have a definitive release date? I suppose I could google that...

June 2019?! That's not too far off.

Dude, RDR2 is...so so great. Even on my lowly PS4 :)

They haven't announced a release date yet, but it's likely to be next year or 2020 at the latest, seeing as it's going to be released in the current gen of consoles (and I expect they'll pull a GTA V on the consoles too, and release a better version when the new consoles arrive).

As for RDR2, I can only imagine. I haven't watched any gameplay because I want to try and keep it fresh for me when/if it does eventually come to PC. Red Dead Redemption was one of my favorite games ever, and from the little I've seen of 2, it's some next level stuff.

• 248 posts
    November 22, 2018 5:29 PM EST

Went ahead and snagged God of War PS4 at Gamestop online, free no rush shipping for $17. Should be a nice gap playthrough this summer. Happy Thanksgiving American Vault friends!