Forums » General Gaming

Anyone here on the Guild Wars 2 Beta?

• 59 posts
    April 28, 2012 11:15 AM EDT

Hey! Anyone here looking forward to GW2 and in the beta? 

• 773 posts
    April 28, 2012 11:21 AM EDT

I'd also be interested to know about this

I've got some friends (yes, 'real life' ones) who are incredibly stoked by this, and have been trying to get me to get on board with Guild Wars 2

But I know absolutely nothing about it - never played the first one

• 59 posts
    April 28, 2012 11:26 AM EDT

Oh I would give it a go. The first was very like WOW but GW2 is very different! Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35BPhT-KI1E

• 297 posts
    April 28, 2012 11:48 AM EDT

gw2 is unique too other mmo's in a few ways,

gear isnt levelled therefore there is no endgame tier armor

also the classes are quite different for instance there are no healers instead everyone heals themselves

i am interested in this game but im only just starting too study its mechanics so ill wait another while

• 59 posts
    April 28, 2012 11:58 AM EDT

I do recommend it. I have been on the beta for a while and, other than a few problems, its great! Will post some pictures of anything if you want them =] 

• 297 posts
    April 28, 2012 12:06 PM EDT

cool sounds good put a screeny of your toon on here

• 59 posts
    April 28, 2012 12:12 PM EDT

Toon? Also I just got an error meaning I can't log in 

• 297 posts
    April 28, 2012 12:15 PM EDT

toon is another word for character ,

sorry you cant get on probably a busy server

• 59 posts
    April 28, 2012 12:18 PM EDT

Oooh. Sure! In now 

• 59 posts
    April 28, 2012 12:28 PM EDT

Here you go! A Norn ranger with the Wolf as a pet. Her top is so ugly! But it increases her heath so oh well xD Plus will get loads better armour along the way. The concept art is AMAZING. Examples below =]

• 297 posts
    April 28, 2012 12:36 PM EDT

ha she looks like she's wearing a puffer jacket

sweet concept art

• 59 posts
    April 28, 2012 1:04 PM EDT

Yeah she does xD I have a few more screen shots some on land some underwater in an area called Lion's Arch, want any? =]

• 297 posts
    April 28, 2012 1:06 PM EDT

how are the servers are there many troll's

• 59 posts
    April 28, 2012 1:40 PM EDT

Well its a bit hard to tell because of the errors. But my game has gone from riddled with lag to perfect, once or twice here and there but nothing out of the ordinary. They are working on the errors and have made it loads better already which is impressive. They have been working on it all night apparently. But this is the first beta this large so I don't know what the game will be like once all the errors are fixed. But if GW is anything to go on then the servers will be great and there are loads to choose from.

There are no trolls that I have come across. A few times I have died and no one has resurected me which was annoying but nothing really bad. Everyone helps if your stuck and there is no competing for quest items.  

• 297 posts
    April 28, 2012 1:52 PM EDT

it sounds good

tell me does this game have a price plan or is it going to be ftp

• 59 posts
    April 28, 2012 2:13 PM EDT

Its not free to play but it has no subscription fees if thats what your asking =] So its like any other game and not like WOW where you have to pay monthly. GW was like that too.  

Sorry, but I have to show you these. Attached are two underwater screens. Underwater ruins and a whale xD Weapon (bow to harpoon)  and pet (Wolf to Leopard) has changed because I am underwater. 

• 297 posts
    April 28, 2012 2:23 PM EDT

those pics look pretty the textures are nice

there doesnt seem too be any change in the animation underwater looks kinda wierd lol

when does this game release to everyone?

• 59 posts
    April 28, 2012 2:37 PM EDT

Animation doesn't change? It does xD We swim so thats different.  We aren't walking on the ground xD See? =]

Doesn't have a release date, we are guessing soon because of this beta and the fact we can pre-order it. Odd, I know 

• 297 posts
    April 28, 2012 2:40 PM EDT

okay well when does the open-beta end ?

and thanks for answering all my questions i know it can get annoying lol

• 59 posts
    April 28, 2012 2:45 PM EDT

@ Titan-of-Tamriel No worries! Doesn't annoy me in the slightest, ask away! 

The open beta ends Sunday at midnight PDT. There will be more, if you pre-ordered the game, any type (digital standard/deluxe, physical, CE, ect) you got access to all the betas so there will be a few more, no idea how many though. 

• 28 posts
    April 28, 2012 3:25 PM EDT
    I've been playing the beta as well! Super fun game :) I quite enjoy the PvP matches!
    • 60 posts
    April 29, 2012 2:21 AM EDT

The_Joker

Hit me up sometime.

• 59 posts
    April 29, 2012 4:21 AM EDT

Awesome! What races and professions are you playing? 

• 59 posts
    April 29, 2012 4:22 AM EDT

What do you mean? Do you play GW2? =]

• 297 posts
    April 29, 2012 8:25 AM EDT
    Just realised the composer who wrote the soundtracks for morrowind and skyrim also does the music for guild wars 2