Forums » General Gaming

RPGs: What Have You Learned?

• 167 posts
    October 10, 2018 12:03 PM EDT

@Thorien - Yeah I was planning to read that one. Your character could make for a good playthrough.

@Ilani - Oh yeah Resto has a perk to make healing spells offensive which is pretty cool. On the other hand I found a damn OP combo with Ordinator bound weapons perks and the arcane weapon along with some other spells from Forgotten Magic, not sure if you have the mod but I think you could find a few useful spells in Forgotten Magic it has a paladin spells section among others and most perks from ordinator stack with those spells. Being balanced and all is cool but sometimes you just gotta go the OP path and blast them to Oblivion. :P

Edit: Ilani there are mods that can give you lycanthropy. Haven't played a lycanthropy build in years so I don't remember which are the ones if I 'm not mistaken Moonlight Tales mod can give you lycanthropy but not sure

This post was edited by Duvain at October 10, 2018 12:09 PM EDT
    • 197 posts
    October 10, 2018 12:10 PM EDT

OP is super fun. Struggling is for real life. ;) I do dial that character up to Legendary unless I’m fighting a dragon. Being one-shotted over and over before I even have a chance to look around is annoying. I haven’t seen Forgotten Magic, have to look that up, thanks! 

• 167 posts
    October 10, 2018 12:15 PM EDT

Yeah OP is fun for sure. The character I will be starting shortly-ish (when I 'm sure what race / backstory I want him to have) will be played on legendary it will be very hard in the beginning but the damn thing at mid game will be so OP if I also go for alchemy the damage will be insane that's why I went full hardcore skyrim with increased spawns, combat mods and all that. And yeah check Forgotten Magic out it has some cool spells fit for many playstyles. 

• 393 posts
    October 10, 2018 12:20 PM EDT
    Yes, Moonlight Tales. It also adds some random encounters that make the game a lot more hilarious.
    I'm not a big fan of Legendary, prefer adjusting the difficulty so it would make sense RP-wise. Like, when you are a badass Tgalmor Justiciar it's just not logical that a mudcrab makes you run. But if you are a little Dagi-raht who just started to study magic, then everything will make yoi run.
    • 197 posts
    October 10, 2018 12:27 PM EDT

I never start the game on legendary, just dial it up once I get Vancian Magic. Because it really does make things easier. Shock spells no longer deplete your magicka for one, so I can cast whatever spell I like regardless of what level I am and end up one-shotting Dragon Priests on Adept, which is what I usually play on. 

• 393 posts
    October 10, 2018 12:43 PM EDT
    I don't have any of those mods that change magic, perks, etc., they add a few useful things and much more useless ones, resulting in a clattered menu. So I just have the vanilla things. And usually I play on Adept, rarely change the difficulty unless I want to play a particular pansy of a character.