Forums » The Lounge

Harrow got tossed into the Imperial Arena! (GORN VR)

• September 17, 2018 3:17 PM EDT

Akaviri shinobi bladework vs. random grunts!

Okay, it's not REALLY the Imperial Arena, but it's close enough ><

This game is fun. Like terrifyingly fun. It's the most fun I've ever had on VR - every move there, every thrust, parry, feint, backstep and dodge was executed by yours truly's actual physical body, and it takes your immersion into the next level. For anyone who's gotten a virtual reality headset, I wholeheartedly recommend it.

And because I'm looking for more things to distract me from my actual writing, does anyone have any other good VR games they'd recommend? XD

This post was edited by The Sunflower Manual at September 17, 2018 3:18 PM EDT
    • 197 posts
    September 17, 2018 7:11 PM EDT
    Did you just pull out that one guy’s heart?!! I’ve been considering getting a VR...a friend of mine had the one you use with your phone, and I tried it and got immediately motion sick. Is this one better? Do you get nauseated at all?
    • 70 posts
    September 18, 2018 7:30 AM EDT

Gorn is Great :D Watched my friend dismantle half his living room due to this game :D He even punched the wall once by accident :D

• 585 posts
    September 18, 2018 12:20 PM EDT

Bloody hell! That game looks great, although I doubt the credibility of taking on all those guys with just a knife. What are the other weapons like?

• September 18, 2018 5:36 PM EDT

ilanisilver said:

Did you just pull out that one guy’s heart?!! I’ve been considering getting a VR...a friend of mine had the one you use with your phone, and I tried it and got immediately motion sick. Is this one better? Do you get nauseated at all?

I didn't get nauseated, the HTC Vive headset (which I'm using) is far above phone VR. It uses two sensors to determine your position within a designated play area, usually 2m x 2m. I don't know if you get motion sick easily though, so I wouldn't rush out to buy it if you're not sure.

Zonnonn said:

Bloody hell! That game looks great, although I doubt the credibility of taking on all those guys with just a knife. What are the other weapons like?

GORN is great, heh heh heh. And the enemies are slowed down and telegraph their attacks for like a whole second, so they're really easy to deal with, even with a short blade.

As for weapons... oh boy...

Swords, maces, flails, spears, quarterstaves, humongous greatswords, nunchaku, double-edged axes, warhammers, honey badgers, round shields, kite shields, tower shields, hatchets, bows and arrows, and goodness knows what else.

Oh, and your hands. Aside from punching people, you can also grab enemies and rip them into pieces.

Yeah.

This post was edited by The Sunflower Manual at September 18, 2018 5:37 PM EDT
    • 585 posts
    September 21, 2018 9:24 AM EDT

Hworra said:

Swords, maces, flails, spears, quarterstaves, humongous greatswords, nunchaku, double-edged axes, warhammers, honey badgers, round shields, kite shields, tower shields, hatchets, bows and arrows, and goodness knows what else.

Jheez, I don't even know what some of those are! Definitely interested now, I bet clobbering those goons over the head with a warhammer is very... satisfying.