Forums » Elder Scrolls

POLL: What province do you want for Elder Scrolls VI?

• 773 posts
    September 1, 2018 11:31 AM EDT

We won't win any prizes for originality with this months poll, it has been run at least twice before.

However, since the last time we have learned something new - there WILL be an Elder Scrolls VI. So we are now taking about something that really exists, rather than something hoped for.

So - which province would YOU like for Elder Scrolls VI?

Pick from the options in the poll and discuss below.

• 275 posts
    September 1, 2018 1:27 PM EDT

I really, really want it to be in Black Marsh as most of my characters are argonian and it'd feel nice to see their homeland, but I completely believe it'll be in High Rock.

• 197 posts
    September 1, 2018 1:39 PM EDT
    I’m hoping for Hammerfell. Redguards are badass, and I want to learn more about their culture. Also, Stros M’Kai and the surrounding area has the potential to be the most beautiful place in Tamriel.
    • 70 posts
    September 1, 2018 1:59 PM EDT

It'll probably be High Rock (which im cool with) but i'd love either Elsweyr or Black Marsh, Argonians are my Favorite Race ^^ 

but Black Marsh would be better in a spin off title since it would be mostly Argonians NPC's who live there. 

This post was edited by Vezrabuto at September 1, 2018 2:01 PM EDT
    • 490 posts
    September 1, 2018 5:18 PM EDT
    Hammerfell. It would be a nice deviation from the wooded mountains. Hammerfell also has a ton of different ecosystems and regions. Lots of desert for sure which I think would be a cool mechanic to have dunes and a changing landscape.

Plus Redguards are awesome and would provide a really awesome setting for conflict. Wars are bound to happen and why not focus on the most talented warriors in all of Tamriel...?
    • 1441 posts
    September 1, 2018 5:45 PM EDT

Henson said: Hammerfell. It would be a nice deviation from the wooded mountains. Hammerfell also has a ton of different ecosystems and regions. Lots of desert for sure which I think would be a cool mechanic to have dunes and a changing landscape. Plus Redguards are awesome and would provide a really awesome setting for conflict. Wars are bound to happen and why not focus on the most talented warriors in all of Tamriel...?

To add on to that Henson, I'd like to see what a possible Second Great War would be, and perhaps the main scthick of the game would be being the HoonDing's avatar? Or learning how to summon a She'Hai, with ways to modify its appearance, as no two She'Hai are alike

• 275 posts
    September 1, 2018 11:36 PM EDT

Vezrabuto said:

It'll probably be High Rock (which im cool with) but i'd love either Elsweyr or Black Marsh, Argonians are my Favorite Race ^^ 

but Black Marsh would be better in a spin off title since it would be mostly Argonians NPC's who live there. 

There was a spin-off in Black Marsh already, Elder Scrolls Travels: Stormhold.

• 1441 posts
    September 2, 2018 12:26 AM EDT

I'd also like to see Akavir, perhaps you play an Imperial investigator heading there to investigate whispers of the Neravarine, and of a possible Akaviri invasion?

• 70 posts
    September 2, 2018 2:20 AM EDT

Ebonslayer said:
    Vezrabuto said: It'll probably be High Rock (which im cool with) but i'd love either Elsweyr or Black Marsh, Argonians are my Favorite Race ^^ but Black Marsh would be better in a spin off title since it would be mostly Argonians NPC's who live there. 
    There was a spin-off in Black Marsh already, Elder Scrolls Travels: Stormhold.

oh i didnt know that :D

• 321 posts
    September 2, 2018 7:44 AM EDT

Well most people have narrowed down the setting of Elder Scrolls VI to Hammerfell or High Rock. My money's on the former since there's a shit ton of potential content to be dug up there as well as expanding what was established in ESO. 

• 4 posts
    September 2, 2018 6:20 PM EDT

A-Pocky-Hah! said:

Well most people have narrowed down the setting of Elder Scrolls VI to Hammerfell or High Rock. My money's on the former since there's a shit ton of potential content to be dug up there as well as expanding what was established in ESO. 

This ^
    Adding to this, here's an extract from “The Great War”:
    "In the end, the heroic Redguards fought the Aldmeri Dominion to a standstill, although the war lasted for five more years and left southern Hammerfell devastated. The Redguards say that this proves that the White-Gold Concordat was unnecessary, and that if Titus II had kept his nerve, the Aldmeri could have been truly defeated by the combined forces of Hammerfell and the rest of the Empire."

If they want to expand on the story arc of the Aldmeri Dominion; Hammerfell would make for a more logical setting than High Rock.
    Unless ofcourse we can add an entire story arc to 'stuff we never get to play, but hear from npc's/books how awesome it was'..
    Elder Scrolls has a bit of an issue with that, the stories being far greater in scope than the gameplay, though I'm hoping it's mostly been due to limitations in what's possible to create as a game, and will thusly be ever grander with every new release. (A lot of progress has been made in the 7 years already since Skyrim after all).

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    September 2, 2018 7:23 PM EDT

I voted for "Hammerfell" for some reason. I think it's the province I've wanted to see for the longest time before the E3 Teaser. Even if that teaser is set on Hammerfell, which I think it is, I can't help but think how cool High Rock would be.

High Rock is that classic-fantasy-with-a-twist kind of setting. I think all the political play and fragmentation on it could pass the province as the Westeros of Tamriel, plus it would be interesting to see the last "prosperous" province of the Empire as a farewell to the games set on the Empire founded by Talos... even if after Fallout 4 I don't fully trust Bethesda anymore to pull that kind of thing, but gosh, it would be amazing.

This post was edited by Mr. at September 2, 2018 7:24 PM EDT
    • 224 posts
    September 2, 2018 7:55 PM EDT

What about Cyrodiil again, hehe... For real I would like be the entire Tamriel..., I think most important about next Elder Scrolls game is about what will be the main lore, story and quests (if there is one, of course should be) and how will influence the land, regions and politic in a whole context.

• 122 posts
    September 2, 2018 11:32 PM EDT

I'd like to see either the Summerset Isles or High Rock. I absolutely adore Redguard lore, but when I complare how a Hammerfell game would play I see a few things that look familiar. Redguards are:

1) A people with a strong warrior culture

2) That came to Tamriel from across the seas

3) Who live in an inhospitable region

4) Dislike magic and magic pratitioners

5) Have their own ancient pantheon of gods from their ancestral lands

6) Were shafted in the White-Gold Concordant

7) Are a society strongly divided by staunch isolationists who cling to past glory (Crowns) and modernists who embrace the Empire (Forebears) - Though I've read this may have been resolved by the Great War

Some of these things are just a touch similar to Nords in TES:V.

I would love to see an updated Hammerfell as a sprawling port city with ways to walk the streets, slink through sewers, or hop rooftop to rooftop. First, though, I'd prefer an Elder Scrolls game with a setting that has fewer commonalities to Skyrim. Altmer lands would let the player see a civilization designed by a people who see the long-term in centuries rather than decades, and High Rock gives us a chance to dance about in a setting full of different social classes, alignments, and conflicts ranging from battlefields to back alleys. 

Summerset and High Rock would also let us see a culture in which magical ability was the cultural norm rather than something to be looked down upon. It would almost be more fun to play a character without magic in that setting, outfighting wizards with nothing but  grit, guile, and two feet of steel in your hand.

This post was edited by Mercurias at September 2, 2018 11:36 PM EDT
    • 393 posts
    September 4, 2018 5:00 AM EDT

One Russian blogger made a video about how Hammerfell is the most likely province for TES VI because of all the similarity it could have with Skyrim. Like how Redguards are badass warriors and how the player could be an Ansei, and there are Forebears and Crowns which gives a potential for a civil war, etc, etc. But I really hope that this guy is wrong. Because as awesome as Skyrim is, I definitely want TES VI to show us something new, not Skyrim in a desert setting (and hadn't we already have more than enough warrior-people who dislike mages?).

Honestly I want Alinor, or at least Valenwood, but as that seems unlikely, High Rock would be interesting too. Maybe we'll see the last province secede from the Empire leaving Cyrodiil alone.

• 1441 posts
    September 4, 2018 12:55 PM EDT

If it IS in Hammerfell, I'd like to see the Redguards band with the Bretons to try and get the Thalmor to fuck off

• 6 posts
    September 7, 2018 7:51 AM EDT

As much as I'd like it to be Elswyr or Black Marsh, I don't really trust Bethesda with those settings. I doubt they'd put in the effort to make more than one race of Khajiit when in reality there are so many. Equally, Argonians are lizard people. Frickin Lizard people! but the only thing that sets them apart from every other race is that they can breathe underwater. As such, I'd be worried that the only thing that would set Black Marsh apart from any where else is just slimier monsters.

As such, I think High Rock or Hammerfell is the way to go.

• September 7, 2018 9:54 AM EDT
    I’d love it to be in Elswyr, buuuuuut...TES is created by Bethesda. If you don’t know what I’m trying to say is that there are about ten different types of Khajiit, each with distinguished differences, this means TES 6 would have to be perfect, if it’s not it would suck. Obviously Bethesda does not have the blessing of having the touch of perfection when it comes to games, it’s hard for anyone to make a perfect game, and because of this I’m hoping that it’s not a good idea for TES 6 to be in Elswyr. That being said High Rock/Hammerfell would be a fantastic idea. Also I would like for there to be a newer and better combat system where there won’t be a pause between each and every swing you take using a sword. A lot of people have asked for spell forging to come back I’d be fine with that as long as they also incorporate the current magic system.
    • 12 posts
    September 7, 2018 10:19 AM EDT
    High Rock hands down, if the whole daggerfall area isn't allowed. Between rebuilding orsinium, low fantasy cultural exploration with the bretons, and the neighboring redguards and their ancient sword singing there is so much to make legends out of. Not to mention direnni tower and the thalmor conspiracy to have the towers fall and remake the world.
    • 12 posts
    September 7, 2018 10:19 AM EDT
    High Rock hands down, if the whole daggerfall area isn't allowed. Between rebuilding orsinium, low fantasy cultural exploration with the bretons, and the neighboring redguards and their ancient sword singing there is so much to make legends out of. Not to mention direnni tower and the thalmor conspiracy to have the towers fall and remake the world.
  • September 7, 2018 1:16 PM EDT
    I didn’t mention it in my first post but it would also be great for TES 6 to be in Akavir a completely new continent in TES would be amazing be Hammerfell and High Rock should come first if we’re being totally honest.
    • 87 posts
    September 10, 2018 4:04 PM EDT
    I want High Rock and I think there is a good chance ES6 will be there. It’s definitely either High Rock or Hammerfell. I’m not that interested in Hammerfell to be honest. Their culture just doesn’t interest me, whereas HR’s culture is classic European high fantasy. Knight, witches, magic, castles? Yes please. Plus it’ll elicited a similar feeling that made Skyrim the incredibly popular game it was.
    This post was edited by Decumus Scotti at September 10, 2018 4:05 PM EDT
    • 33 posts
    September 13, 2018 2:27 PM EDT
    They already did high rock and hammerfell and why are Cyrodiil, Skyrim and Morrowind even choices. I am rooting for either black marsh, elsweyr or akavir. Also, the polls are fixed.
    This post was edited by Hasir at September 13, 2018 2:29 PM EDT
    • 87 posts
    September 13, 2018 4:49 PM EDT
    Blindcurve said:
    They already did high rock and hammerfell and why are Cyrodiil, Skyrim and Morrowind even choices. I am rooting for either black marsh, elsweyr or akavir. Also, the polls are fixed.

They haven’t done High Rock or Hammerfell in the current format of 3D open world games. I agree that Cyrodiil,Skyrim and Morrowind shouldn’t be on the list, but it’s a list about where you want it to be, not where you think it will be.
    • 409 posts
    September 16, 2018 10:27 PM EDT

Summerset for sure! I think that the culture of the High Elves is something that we haven't seen enough of. I'd also love to see what it is like since the Thalmor took over. Also, I'm sick of human regions, give us more elves!