Forums » Elder Scrolls

Who is Your Cannon Character For Skyrim?

• 64 posts
    August 15, 2018 8:59 AM EDT

Ahhh I would love to be able to make follower mods... I can actually do the voice acting and audio edeting myself, I just dont have the slightest idea about how to  mod anything though :( 

• 275 posts
    August 15, 2018 2:34 PM EDT

BlueDremora said:

Ahhh I would love to be able to make follower mods... I can actually do the voice acting and audio edeting myself, I just dont have the slightest idea about how to  mod anything though :( 

Try this tutorial, I used it for mine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlepT3rQ8LI

• 25 posts
    August 15, 2018 9:43 PM EDT

Furrion 17 said:

I wrote a Breton character build called The Shadow of Dawn and a fleshed out backstory for her recently. She too grew up in Wayrest, but her life was turned upside down during the Corsair attack in 188. Which eventually led her to finding out some intersting family secret's that were hidden away. Check it out if you like. I'd a lot of fun writing her.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading both versions of your builds plus the backstory as well as watching the gameplay footage. I certainly think that Alayne and Estelle would get along well. :)

• 64 posts
    August 16, 2018 3:43 AM EDT

Try this tutorial, I used it for mine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlepT3rQ8LI

Uhhh, interesting xD

• 67 posts
    August 16, 2018 5:21 AM EDT

GailOlm said:

Furrion 17 said:

I wrote a Breton character build called The Shadow of Dawn and a fleshed out backstory for her recently. She too grew up in Wayrest, but her life was turned upside down during the Corsair attack in 188. Which eventually led her to finding out some intersting family secret's that were hidden away. Check it out if you like. I'd a lot of fun writing her.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading both versions of your builds plus the backstory as well as watching the gameplay footage. I certainly think that Alayne and Estelle would get along well. :)

Hey thanks man! Glad to hear you enjoyed the read. That was the first descent bit of writing I have done in a long while so happy to hear that it reads well. And cheers for checking out the builds, she was one of the most entertaining playthrough's I've had on the game, so I was stoked to be able to share it with the vault :D. Heh Alayne and Estelle certainly would get along I think.

• 4 posts
    August 20, 2018 2:23 PM EDT

The Long-Chapper said:

My canon character is Aelberon of Dusk, the playthrough that inspired my fanfiction, Straag Rod. It was a Requiem playthrough and it was just... wow. 

Good old Sir Shiny, still have to read through A LOT of your stories, came across 'Practice of Magic' and was introduced there to a very interesting dragondborn.
    Will defenitely keep reading more!

Back on-topic.. Don't know about cannonically speaking, but the character who it felt most logical for to complete most questlines was a young lady who eventually became a lich. (through the power of modding).
    Her character arc felt so natural while playing, from someone who maybe had a bit too much faith in people and wanting to save everyone, to slowly (very slowly, this playthrough has been going on for months) losing that spark, becoming more powerful, being corrupted by the promise of more power and the tricks of Hermaeus Mora into this being who has no regard for anyone's life anymore.
    It's the first overpowered character I have played in a looooong time, but it feels earned, such horrors she had to endure... *shivers*

Well, that wasn't really back on topic. Cannon for me would probably resemble the dude from the trailer, being an overall good character, doing none of the major factions, siding with dawnguard and unintentionally ending up related to Hermaeus Mora.
    Though I rarely play as dragonborn. Dealing with dragons as a 'normal' tamrielic person is more interesting to me.

• 122 posts
    August 21, 2018 3:30 PM EDT

My "canon" character for Skyrim is probably Davyn the Skald. He was a Nord's Nord kind of playthrough, using light armor, melee weapons, and a whole lot of Shouting. He ate and drank like a grizzly before hibernation, then delved into the nearest cave while singing, drinking, and fighting at the top of his lungs. When he got tired, he would go back to the nearest in and warm himself by the fire while sharing his stories with the friends he made on his way. 

• 2 posts
    November 12, 2018 10:28 AM EST
    My first and so far only character is a Colovian Imperial named Hector. He is a battlemage and is loosely based on a character I made from another game, who was also a warrior I named Hector, who was also named after a Fire Emblem character named Hector. I guess I really like the name Hector.

I don’t have much of a backstory for him, but I figured he was trying to cross into Skyrim to start a new life in Solitude and met the Stormcloaks who he used to help him enter the province before being captured. He was originally going to join the Imperial Legion, but holds a grudge over them almost executing him, but he also doesn’t like the attitude of the average Stormcloak.

While he is Dragonborn and is willing to save the world, he feels that he has no investment in the civil war at the moment and he has a house and a daughter, but has not yet taken a wife. He does use his position of Dragonborn as an excuse to bend the law.

• November 12, 2018 6:16 PM EST
    My character is from two completely different franchises;skyrim, and mortal kombat, his father was the father of reptile, but anyway he is an argonian that has a scar from a werecroc and is named "fists-of-Stone" or just "Stone", he was run out of Black Marsh for supposed "unholyness because he had the ability to spit acid , he now lives in the lakevie manor always able to pick any lock and empty any pocket, he knows value when he sees it, but he has a sense of right, anyway i think this is getting too big, so enjoy reading
  • November 12, 2018 6:16 PM EST
    My character is from two completely different franchises;skyrim, and mortal kombat, his father was the father of reptile, but anyway he is an argonian that has a scar from a werecroc and is named "fists-of-Stone" or just "Stone", he was run out of Black Marsh for supposed "unholyness because he had the ability to spit acid , he now lives in the lakevie manor always able to pick any lock and empty any pocket, he knows value when he sees it, but he has a sense of right, anyway i think this is getting too big, so enjoy reading
    • 127 posts
    November 12, 2018 7:35 PM EST

My cannon character is a wimpy Nord named Yoffrind Wind-Catcher, who was essentially just a nerd obsessed with the Dwemer, and went off in search of their technology.  Snuck around Dwemer ruins, learnt about crossbows and eventually developed rudimentary gunpowder to be used with destruction magic, and used that to tear apart the Imperial Legion and the Vampires.  He never learnt that he was the Dragonborn until he had defeated Lord Harkon, and tore apart Alduin with sheer firepower from his Dwemer Autocannons.

My canon character is Idhea DeSele - Champion of Clavicus Vile and seeker of eternal youth.  Character Profile in the link.

This post was edited by J.D. Primrose at November 12, 2018 7:35 PM EST
    • 1467 posts
    November 12, 2018 7:51 PM EST

Interesting, you know I've never really had a 'Canon' Character, it's just not something I ever established really. Might have to give it a shot at some point but it might be a tad too late for me since I've been building for...what nearly 6 years now so I'm fairly used to having each of my builds as the canon character for that playthrough, and getting into that mindset.

• 393 posts
    November 12, 2018 8:24 PM EST

I've never been able to view any of my characters as "canon" except the first. The others somehow don't feel right, Idk.

• 33 posts
    November 12, 2018 9:51 PM EST

J.D. Primrose said:

My cannon character is a wimpy Nord named Yoffrind Wind-Catcher, who was essentially just a nerd obsessed with the Dwemer, and went off in search of their technology.  Snuck around Dwemer ruins, learnt about crossbows and eventually developed rudimentary gunpowder to be used with destruction magic, and used that to tear apart the Imperial Legion and the Vampires.  He never learnt that he was the Dragonborn until he had defeated Lord Harkon, and tore apart Alduin with sheer firepower from his Dwemer Autocannons.

My canon character is Idhea DeSele - Champion of Clavicus Vile and seeker of eternal youth.  Character Profile in the link.

You absolute Punny Primrose.

• 127 posts
    November 13, 2018 9:18 AM EST

tirrene said:

J.D. Primrose said:

You absolute Punny Primrose.

I'm sorry, but I had to.

Best part: it's actually true.  Fantastic playthrough with the ordinator overhaul with a focus of smithing, archery, destruction, and lockpicking, with the aetherial staff as a useful tool.  

• 29 posts
    January 6, 2020 4:03 AM EST

The Imperious Races Mod has given me a newfound respect for the Imperial Race. Every 10 levels you can alter different attributes and resistances. With Alteration (Ordinator), you can further pump up those resistances. I have been tinkering with the idea of creating a character that is essentially there to establish a new identity. One scenario is of a younger guy who is fleeing Cyrodiil because of the growing unrest in the province. Another is of an older guy who used to be a soldier, but was caught in a shipwreck and the trauma caused him to repress the memories of his past, and falsely believes the dreams he had while unconscious to be his identity. He is going through a very traumatic process, as he is an older man who knows how to fight with a sword, yet he believes himself to be an old wizard. The Andromeda Stones is perfect for this, as the Apprentice Stone makes magic either more or less effective depending on chance. 

• 2 posts
    June 10, 2020 10:10 PM EDT
    My character is a nord barbarian named Haknir Bloodfist, he is a traditional nord and his chief deity is kyne though he has a certain reverence for hircine, daedric prince of the hunt and father of manbeasts. Haknir is a officer of the stormcloak rebellion and lives in windhelm right next to the palace of kings. As you could probably tell from the earlier paragraph he is also a Werewolf but more fascinatingly he also once infiltrated the dark brotherhood before being discovered a year later but despite his accomplishments he prefers not to be praised as he now stalks the plains of hircine's hunting grounds after being struck down by an imperial hunting party but only after killing more than half of them.
    • 2 posts
    June 10, 2020 10:10 PM EDT
    My character is a nord barbarian named Haknir Bloodfist, he is a traditional nord and his chief deity is kyne though he has a certain reverence for hircine, daedric prince of the hunt and father of manbeasts. Haknir is a officer of the stormcloak rebellion and lives in windhelm right next to the palace of kings. As you could probably tell from the earlier paragraph he is also a Werewolf but more fascinatingly he also once infiltrated the dark brotherhood before being discovered a year later but despite his accomplishments he prefers not to be praised as he now stalks the plains of hircine's hunting grounds after being struck down by an imperial hunting party but only after killing more than half of them.
    • 83 posts
    October 19, 2020 7:20 AM EDT

I used to have only one canon character: Jacqueline P. Liddell, daughter of American McGee's Alice and Heath Ledger's Joker (don't ask - just accept that it happened.)

However, I've branched out to other characters:

Black Bonnie, Pirate Captain of the Dibella and her all-woman crew

Lori Kissian, Nord Smuggler

The Collector, a Redguard bounty hunter

Krell, an Argonian bounty hunter

(Both Krell and The Collector have pursued Black Bonnie and failed.  I could write all sorts of fan fics about their explots.)

And I am currently trying Jakben Imbel.

• 1 posts
    August 10, 2021 1:15 PM EDT

My Canon Skyrim character is a Breton Mage named Sebastian LeBeau. He specializes in Conjuration and Illusion. Harder to play than it sounds. I call it a Master Mind build. His prefered method of dealing with enemies is to warp their minds and make them kill each other, run away screaming, or pacfiy them and walk by them like an old friend... then mop up with a atronach or dremora. If he has a companion, he serves a support role with healing and call to arms.  Doesn't get into the  filth himself. These Robes are expensive, damn it! You know how much these shoes are worth? His morals are a bit grey. He's not above some theivery or killing if it accomplishes a goal for his greater goals, but draws the line at out right assassination or stealing from the poor. Always gives a coin to the beggars.

Lucian joins the College, but avoids the other groups. The Civil War doesn't interest him in the slightest. He gets attacked by a vampire and is eventually turned. Can imagine the direction in the Dawnguard DLC. After that he becomes a Thane in every hold except East March, to spread his personal influence through out the province. Becomes a unofficial High King of Skyrim that he rules from from the shadows using his influence and illusions to bend the Jarl's and their policies to his ends. He collects and studies Daedric Articfacts in his spare time... everyone needs a hobby.

• 47 posts
    December 18, 2021 4:16 PM EST

The name changes but i always end up with a stealth archer using a crossbow and glass armor. Sometimes i use Serana, sometimes Mjoll the Lioness.