Forums » Elder Scrolls

Who is Your Cannon Character For Skyrim?

• 67 posts
    August 6, 2018 4:55 PM EDT

Just what the title says. Do you have certain character that you see as the "This is how the game all played out".  Who are they? Why did you choose that character? Are they a hero or villian or just a bit nonchalant?

I'll start off by saying mine. I see my cannon character as my Breton Knight named Dante. He's a Knight that is an expert with dealing with the undead and magickal anomolies, (Think of a Templar from the DA series).  He is the thane of Winterhold and is obviously cautious of magic user's and the like, and likes to keep an "eye" on the mages at the college.

• 295 posts
    August 6, 2018 6:20 PM EDT

My canon character is Aelberon of Dusk, the playthrough that inspired my fanfiction, Straag Rod. It was a Requiem playthrough and it was just... wow. 

• 197 posts
    August 6, 2018 6:43 PM EDT

My canon character is a Redguard named Lena, whose playthrough inspired my first fanfic, my first writing, actually. It’s not posted here. But she was a classic Big Damn Hero - Companions, CoW, Main Quest, Dragonborn, Dawnguard - and married Farkas. In my head, she’d been kidnapped and raised by the Thalmor in their attempt to infiltrate and defeat Hammerfell through indoctrination of the future generation. Lena was caught and sent to Helgen in the process of escaping. She and Farkas live at Lakesview Manor and raise bees because Farkas likes the noise they make, and Lena loves honey. 

I can’t play Lena anymore because I loaded Beyond Skyrim: Bruma. After that, it was just crash after crash, and finally nothing would play right anymore. But yeah, when I think of my classic character, the one I think “yeah, this is Skyrim,” I think of her. 

• 275 posts
    August 6, 2018 8:04 PM EDT

The character changes all the time, but it will always be Walks-In-Darkness for me. He has been all kinds of things from Werewolf/Vampire hybrid, Shezzarine, Champion Of Cyrodiil reborn, phantom, and mage with supernatural control over magicka. His current state is as a born Vampire and former Blade decended from the Champion Of Cyrodiil and holds powers similar to what you'd see from an ESO Nightblade but more potent. You can read about him here.

Also, sorry, but I have to do this: canon.

• 67 posts
    August 7, 2018 2:29 AM EDT

@Lissette - What's Requiem? Is it like an overhaul for the game? I'll have to check it out. Awesome that it inspired a fan fic I'll need to a look some time :) Hmm Aelberon, i'm gonna guess that's an Altmer character? Name sounds kinda elfy

@Ilanisilver -  That sounds like a really interesting character ilani. Damn Thalmor I really don't like them lol. I hope she got her revenge and murdered the hell out of Elenwen lol. Using the younger generation against their people sounds like just the sort of nasty thing they would do. Ah Farkas I hope he got over his spider phobia (though I can't blame him), it always seemed odd that he was more freaked out by the spiders than the draugr.

@Ebonslayer - Man that sounds pretty cool. It'd be neat to RP a family reunion type moment when you do the Sheogorath quest. Be like hey great, great, great uncle Sheogorath/Champion of Cyrodil, I'm your very distant nephew :D :D. And haha I totally spelt it like the "Cannon" that shoots cannon balls lol, thanks for pointing that out.

• 295 posts
    August 7, 2018 8:40 AM EDT

Furrion 17 said:

@Lissette - What's Requiem? Is it like an overhaul for the game? I'll have to check it out. Awesome that it inspired a fan fic I'll need to a look some time :) Hmm Aelberon, i'm gonna guess that's an Altmer character? Name sounds kinda elfy

Requiem is an overhaul that basically makes the game sort of like Dark Souls. Combat is intensified and the world is much more unfair. Like Survival Mode in Fallout 4, but much, much worse. I cant' really describe it. New enemies (invisible entities, that make you cry), consequences for your choices. It was really very cool, but also a source of a lot of frustration. It's the reason why Aelberon's world in Straag is so dark and miserable, everybody's poor and anyone can die. Also why dragons and vampires are absolute nightmares in my fanfiction. I took him to level 59 before my pc died and prior to that, another playthrough went to level 47. I defeated Miraak, Alduin and was on my way to defeating Miraak. Alduin was just holy shit, definitely the World-Eater and no longer something you can hope to tackle at level 10. I mean, case in point, in a standard Vanilla game, with a good staff and some quick thinking, I was able to defeat Alduin on Expert at level 5 with my Lovelorn Dragonborn. I literally punched the dragon to death. You can't do that on Requiem. I think the equivalent mod possibly is YASH, which is common to all platforms, but I'm an old timer, I don't think I've got another playthrough like that in me. :D 

• 44 posts
    August 7, 2018 8:52 AM EDT

My canon is Sarade Rander. A Kyne's blessed Nord ranger and something more. She was born in Falkreath. She's the first character for Skyrim, but second special to me. I'm going to writer her story which explains a lot of her. :)

• 70 posts
    August 7, 2018 9:22 AM EDT

It'll always be Vezrabuto Schwarzbund for me , a Young Necromancer on his journey to uncover the lost arts of Conjuration and Body preservation for the College of Whispers.

https://tamrielvault.com/groups/topic/view/group_id/7/topic_id/9769/post_id/121907 

This post was edited by Vezrabuto at August 7, 2018 9:24 AM EDT
    • 33 posts
    August 7, 2018 1:51 PM EDT

My canon character is a dark green skinned Argonian named Hasir who worships Hircine. He despises Molag Bal. He leans towards his wolf blood more than his vampire blood (which he had gotten from his father.) He is also a dragonknight. I have a character of the same name in Oblivion, Skyrim and I will have him in ES VI. I also plan to make him in Morrowind. His master is a Tseasci named Quinchal, from whom he learned the ways of being a dragonknight. 

This post was edited by Hasir at August 10, 2021 5:00 PM EDT
    • 197 posts
    August 7, 2018 3:31 PM EDT

Furrion 17 said:

@Ilanisilver -  That sounds like a really interesting character ilani. Damn Thalmor I really don't like them lol. I hope she got her revenge and murdered the hell out of Elenwen lol. Using the younger generation against their people sounds like just the sort of nasty thing they would do. Ah Farkas I hope he got over his spider phobia (though I can't blame him), it always seemed odd that he was more freaked out by the spiders than the draugr.

As far as I got with the story, Ulfric killed Elenwen, and it was awesome to write. so cathartic. i figured the thalmor live long lives and will play the long game. it's something they might as well try. yes, re farkas. actually, my first game, i burned away the webs and the spiders came close enough to the room we were in, farkas ran to the doorway and killed them all. and then told me he was too scared of spiders to go on, so yeah, that was weird. i wrote him as always a little creeped out by them, but never enough that he'd not go fight the bastards. i planned out the rest of the story but just lost interest in writing it once i realized all the mistakes i made at the beginning. maybe one day i'll start it over and do what i wanted to do in the first place, we'll have to see. 

• 33 posts
    August 9, 2018 6:38 PM EDT

Mine is an Orc named Swag. It sounds orcish enough! Anyways, he's sort of a rogue spellsword kind of thing who basically loves saving people for the sake of being fanboyed (or even better, fangirled) over. I'm planning to basically finish my final playthrough of Skyrim with him (I need to make space for other games, and Skyrim is a big boi) and then post his build here, as a sort of final "here's how I used to play this game, ah, the memories". Of course, it's a big game and I don't even know what he wants or doesn't want to do quite yet, so that may be a long way to come yet.

• 14 posts
    August 10, 2018 12:33 PM EDT

Mine is a Khajiit spellblade/thief named Xenla (So there you go) who is the very definition of chaotic neutral. He did basically every questline because he's morally capricious but fairly kind at heart, and he's mastered alchemy, smithing, enchanting, light armor, one-handed, sneak, destruction, conjuration, restoration, and archery. Unfortunately, the save file is just so big that it lags and crashes pretty often and it takes about 5 minutes to go through any loading screen. Since I've done all the main questlines and so, so many sidequests, I've decided to retire him to lakeview manor with his wife and child, but he will always be my canon character for Skyrim.

• 12 posts
    August 10, 2018 7:19 PM EDT

My Canon Character is my pride and joy, Jocilyn.

That being said, Jocilyn is one of my main narrative characters of the Elder Scrolls Universe who I've written and played in many scenarios, including ESO, and of course, with each Era, she is sort of 'tweaked' so she isn't an elder woman of impossible age. She was originally created in Daggerfall many years ago.

However there are parts of her 'story' that don't change, such as she does not hail from Skyrim clearly. She is a Breton, born and raised in Stormhaven, Wayrest. A small farm plantation outside of the city. She is a kind-hearted and soft-spoken woman with a mind that is constantly wandering to the next greatest idea, her family having met the terrible fate of being the result of taking the hand of a Daedric Prince and trusting others to react poorly. Her Father having made a deal with the Daedric Prince Hircine to better their family line, however, this did not work in their favour and Jocilyn and Her Sibling being the remaining survivors to this 'tragedy'. Thus she raised her Sister alone, and grew up to temporarily be apart of the Mages Guild and study to be a Scholar. Which would be the active reason she'd find herself in the lands and realm of Skyrim. She would join up with the Mages Guild there, however sticking to her studies as a Pyromancer through and through with soft practice in Restoration, enough to get by.

She is a follower of the Divine Julianos, as well as dabbling into the teachings of Dibella, but mostly sticking to her roots of the Divine that suited her delight in learning, this however leads her to of course perhaps dabble in the studies of the Daedric Prince of knowledge and memory. 

She fancies Dunmer, though I believe she'd live on her own for the most part in this scenario. Caring for herself and visiting her sister time to time back home when the moments arose. She'd be more of an "NPC" of a character, so likely would not persue all the Factions available and tend mostly to herself and her studies. She'd likely be found in the Library at the Mages Guild.

Truthfully I can talk about her for hours..

This post was edited by KhaosRiivy at August 10, 2018 7:19 PM EDT
    • 67 posts
    August 10, 2018 7:43 PM EDT

So cool seeing everyone's different characters, It's great to see different take on things, Thank you all for sharing!

@KhaosRiivy - Hey welcome to the site, good to see a new face around here geting involved :). I wrote a Breton character build called The Shadow of Dawn and a fleshed out backstory for her recently. She too grew up in Wayrest, but her life was turned upside down during the Corsair attack in 188. Which eventually led her to finding out some intersting family secret's that were hidden away. Check it out if you like. I'd a lot of fun writing her.

• 12 posts
    August 10, 2018 7:50 PM EDT

Furrion 17 said:

So cool seeing everyone's different characters, It's great to see different take on things, Thank you all for sharing!

@KhaosRiivy - Hey welcome to the site, good to see a new face around here geting involved :). I wrote a Breton character build called The Shadow of Dawn and a fleshed out backstory for her recently. She too grew up in Wayrest, but her life was turned upside down during the Corsair attack in 188. Which eventually led her to finding out some intersting family secret's that were hidden away. Check it out if you like. I'd a lot of fun writing her.

I shall do so, that sounds delightful!

• 67 posts
    August 10, 2018 8:10 PM EDT

KhaosRiivy said:

Furrion 17 said:

Awesome have fun reading, and let me know what ya thought when you've finished :)

• 25 posts
    August 10, 2018 8:39 PM EDT

My canon character is Estelle Dubois, a 38 year old Breton “librarian" from Daggerfall, High Rock. She's petite, has short brown hair and green eyes. Estelle is Dragonborn, Harbinger, Archmage, Guild Master and Nightingale, Thane of all holds (except Eastmarch), and allied with the Dawnguard. Her alignment is neutral good. Her preferred combat style is stealth archery combined with illusion spells. She resides in Vlindrel Hall, Markarth with Teldryn Sero and their war dog, Vigilance.

Her father is Guillaume Dubois, proprietor of the Millworks in Daggerfall, and a descendant of Antoine Dubois, who was once the owner of Dubois and Sons Carpentry. Her mother is Jeanne Dubois, Master of Enchanting, and a Court Mage at Daggerfall Castle. Her brother is Celann, a warrior and vampire hunter, and a member of the Dawnguard.

Estelle was born in Daggerfall, High Rock to a middle class family. Growing up she enjoyed reading books as well as spending time out of doors or at her father’s Millworks. From an elderly Bosmer hunter who assisted her father in the Millworks, Estelle learned archery and the two would hunt together in nearby forests. During this time Estelle realized the importance of stealth while tracking prey. From her mother Estelle inherited a love of books and magic. Displaying a Breton’s natural aptitude for magic, Estelle learned various illusion and conjuration spells as well as some basic healing spells from the court mages who worked alongside her mother. As might be expected, Estelle picked up some knowledge of enchanting from her mother and hoped to become more proficient with continued study. From her father, though not directly, Estelle learned how to pick locks by practicing on the chests and wardrobes he crafted and repaired at the Millworks.

Due to her love of books and because of her mother’s position in the Castle, Estelle was permitted to spend time in the Castle library. As she grew older, Estelle began working at the library where she would assist the head librarian in the cataloguing of books, spell tomes, journals and letters acquired by the library. Seeing that she was capable, Estelle was encouraged by the head librarian to accompany the mercenaries who sought out and brought various tomes to the library in exchange for coin. Many of the books were rare and fragile and though Estelle was mainly along to insure that the books weren’t manhandled by the mercenaries, she realized she could hold her own in combat situations. As she became more experienced, Estelle would set out on her own in search of ancient tomes, often traveling far afield. Eventually she ended up near the border of Skyrim. Laden down with a backpack full of heavy books, she accepted the offer of a ride on horseback from a Nord man dressed in ragged clothes who introduced himself as Lokir of Rorikstead. After the events at Helgen, Estelle remained in Skyrim where she now acquires books through buying, trading, searching old ruins, or other means and provides them to shops or collectors.

Estelle is sort of like a Lara Croft style tomb raider, only instead of artifacts, she's in search of books.

This post was edited by GailOlm at August 10, 2018 9:22 PM EDT
    • 67 posts
    August 11, 2018 1:12 AM EDT

GailOlm said:

My canon character is Estelle Dubois, a 38 year old Breton “librarian" from Daggerfall, High Rock. She's petite, has short brown hair and green eyes. Estelle is Dragonborn, Harbinger, Archmage, Guild Master and Nightingale, Thane of all holds (except Eastmarch), and allied with the Dawnguard. Her alignment is neutral good. Her preferred combat style is stealth archery combined with illusion spells. She resides in Vlindrel Hall, Markarth with Teldryn Sero and their war dog, Vigilance.

Her father is Guillaume Dubois, proprietor of the Millworks in Daggerfall, and a descendant of Antoine Dubois, who was once the owner of Dubois and Sons Carpentry. Her mother is Jeanne Dubois, Master of Enchanting, and a Court Mage at Daggerfall Castle. Her brother is Celann, a warrior and vampire hunter, and a member of the Dawnguard.

Estelle was born in Daggerfall, High Rock to a middle class family. Growing up she enjoyed reading books as well as spending time out of doors or at her father’s Millworks. From an elderly Bosmer hunter who assisted her father in the Millworks, Estelle learned archery and the two would hunt together in nearby forests. During this time Estelle realized the importance of stealth while tracking prey. From her mother Estelle inherited a love of books and magic. Displaying a Breton’s natural aptitude for magic, Estelle learned various illusion and conjuration spells as well as some basic healing spells from the court mages who worked alongside her mother. As might be expected, Estelle picked up some knowledge of enchanting from her mother and hoped to become more proficient with continued study. From her father, though not directly, Estelle learned how to pick locks by practicing on the chests and wardrobes he crafted and repaired at the Millworks.

Due to her love of books and because of her mother’s position in the Castle, Estelle was permitted to spend time in the Castle library. As she grew older, Estelle began working at the library where she would assist the head librarian in the cataloguing of books, spell tomes, journals and letters acquired by the library. Seeing that she was capable, Estelle was encouraged by the head librarian to accompany the mercenaries who sought out and brought various tomes to the library in exchange for coin. Many of the books were rare and fragile and though Estelle was mainly along to insure that the books weren’t manhandled by the mercenaries, she realized she could hold her own in combat situations. As she became more experienced, Estelle would set out on her own in search of ancient tomes, often traveling far afield. Eventually she ended up near the border of Skyrim. Laden down with a backpack full of heavy books, she accepted the offer of a ride on horseback from a Nord man dressed in ragged clothes who introduced himself as Lokir of Rorikstead. After the events at Helgen, Estelle remained in Skyrim where she now acquires books through buying, trading, searching old ruins, or other means and provides them to shops or collectors.

Estelle is sort of like a Lara Croft style tomb raider, only instead of artifacts, she's in search of books.

Oohh another intersting Breton, She sounds really cool Gailolm. I really like Tomb Raider. She'd be a cool character to do a profile or build on mate, sounds like you got a rather well thought out backstory and journey for her right there.

• 64 posts
    August 11, 2018 12:14 PM EDT

hmmm to be honest I have several. However, if I am to choose one it has to be Cyra: an imperial ex-priestess of Mara who was kicked out of the order after strangeling a thief to death with her bare hands. I was really into the character and to be honest, the more I played her the more down right crazy she became. She was eccentric, big and strong like a Brienne of Tarth, self massacistic on the one hand and strictly disiplined on the other. The type of person who would impose cynical rules on herself (such as no swearing), brake the rule often and be forced to punish herself whilst trying to convince herself that she did not enjoy the punishment. Yea, sounds crazy I know, but damn did it lead to some golden RP moments. 

She used alteration, restoration, heavy armor and weilded a massive two handed mace. She could soak up tons of punihsment and would often stray into conflict just for the pleasure of the pain. I mean, roleplaying a character who's biggest fear is her own dark side and whos biggest strength is that exact same thing is awesome. Also, she was extremly funny (in a dark-humor sort of way), not taking anything particularily serious and being a big mad bitch fighting to free Skyrim of the rebellion, dragons and draugh whilst having a secret crush on Ulfric... All in all the playthrough was halarious and I had somehow managed to mod my game perfectly for it, I was a little sad when I was done though (sad smiley).  

• 8 posts
    August 11, 2018 1:41 PM EDT
    Orc Ranger. I avoided cities a lot and saw more of the map. Hung out with that archer woman in the mountains. Reluctant hero. I also RP'd that he was kidnapped by Miraak cultists on the way back from defeating Alduin. Playing the Miraak DLC while completely starting over (nothing but underwear on and jumped off the boat at solstheim) was awesome and I actually used the new gear and weapons since I had none.

Skyrim believed the dragonborn died defeating Alduin. After destroying Miraak, character returned to the archer lady riding a dragon to discover vampires had ravaged Skyrim in his absence.

Probably enjoyed that playthrough the most because the random encounters and quests seemed perfectly in line and guided the story I was imagining.
    • 367 posts
    August 12, 2018 3:01 AM EDT
    Dark green scaled Argonian called Sotek. There's a surprise. He started out in Seyda Neen in TES III travvlled around Morrowind to end up in Solstheim where he became a Werewold. Kicked Hircine's aspec and they been on unfriendly terms ever since.
    From there he spent a while in Cyrodiil to eventualy end up in Skyrim where , thanks to Aela, his repressed werewolf has been allowed to roam once more.
    Roll on TES VI where his adventure will continue.
    Sotek Loyal Hound of Hircine
    • 12 posts
    August 14, 2018 1:48 PM EDT

Furrion 17 said:

KhaosRiivy said:

Furrion 17 said:

Awesome have fun reading, and let me know what ya thought when you've finished :)

Read it over with my tea, I haven't finished quite yet but I am loving what I've read so far!

• 12 posts
    August 14, 2018 1:50 PM EDT

GailOlm said:

Very interesting, Jocilyn and Estelle may get along. One book lover to another! Splendid! She sounds like a real treat!

• 67 posts
    August 14, 2018 9:02 PM EDT

KhaosRiivy said:

Furrion 17 said:

KhaosRiivy said:

Furrion 17 said:

Read it over with my tea, I haven't finished quite yet but I am loving what I've read so far!

It was quite neat reading into all the lore surrounding the Montalion vampire clan, was probably one of my favorite parts in the story to write. Thinking I might do a follow up story at some point to bring her tale to a close and grant her the revenge she seeks, I did leave it relatively open ended. Bu yea it's great to hear you've been enjoying the read :)

• 25 posts
    August 15, 2018 8:05 AM EDT

Furrion 17 said:

Oohh another intersting Breton, She sounds really cool Gailolm. I really like Tomb Raider. She'd be a cool character to do a profile or build on mate, sounds like you got a rather well thought out backstory and journey for her right there.

I would have no idea how to create a build out of her character though the background I shared was, in fact, copy/pasted from a character profile I created for her when I once participated in an online Skyrim roleplay. 

I don't know if I'm allowed to post this link here but if not, I'll edit the post to delete it. I have Estelle's adventures recorded in the form of a visual storyboard via Steam screenshots - 15 pages of them! - in chronological order with text descriptions and set to Public viewing. Though I doubt anyone would have the patience to scroll through all of them, clicking on a few of them here and there will give an overview of her story.

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198146468992/screenshots/?p=1&sort=newestfirst&browsefilter=myfiles&view=grid&privacy=14

Furrion 17 said:

I wrote a Breton character build called The Shadow of Dawn and a fleshed out backstory for her recently. She too grew up in Wayrest, but her life was turned upside down during the Corsair attack in 188. Which eventually led her to finding out some intersting family secret's that were hidden away. Check it out if you like. I'd a lot of fun writing her.

Another Breton! I've got both of those links open now and will definitely give them a read. :)

KhaosRiivy said:

Very interesting, Jocilyn and Estelle may get along. One book lover to another! Splendid! She sounds like a real treat!

I just scrolled back and re-read Jocilyn's character description. I'm sure Jocilyn and Estelle may have encountered one another in the Arcaneum at the College of Winterhold. :)

This post was edited by GailOlm at August 15, 2018 8:37 AM EDT