Forums » General Gaming

POLL What do you think about Starfield

• 773 posts
    June 28, 2018 2:32 PM EDT

So, we found out at E3 that 'Starfield', he long-rumoured, but totally never-spoken-about, possible new Betheda IP is actually real.

Yes, the much-speculated single player space RPG is well into the development phase and will be next Bethesda game after Fallout 76

But what do YOU think about it? Are you excited to play a Skyrim-style open world(s) game in space? On the fence? Or holding out for Elder Scrolls VI?

Vote in our poll and discuss below

• 277 posts
    June 28, 2018 2:58 PM EDT

I already plan on pre-ordering the most expensive version of the game. I can't wait to see Bethesda's talent for world building be applied to an entire galaxy... although I'll make do with a single solar system too. I'm excited to listen to the game's soundtrack as I explore exotic alien worlds. I hope there will be some kind of "power" class / gameplay option much like biotics are in Mass Effect or Force users in Star Wars.

This post was edited by Noodles at June 28, 2018 2:58 PM EDT
    • 295 posts
    June 28, 2018 3:16 PM EDT

My man is drooling over the idea of a space-centered rpg by bethesda. 

I'm still playing Fallout and Skyrim and have yet to dabble into ESO fully (I will though, promise). I will be purchasing Fallout 76. As for Starfield. I like space, space is damn cool and can I see myself wandering the galaxy as an angry alien with a space shotgun or a blaster? Hell yeah. But I'd need to know more, like if there's races and classes and the kind of weapons available. 

Haha, maybe it is ES six, just CODA. LOLZ, cows in space! 

• 1441 posts
    June 28, 2018 4:51 PM EDT

The Long-Chapper said:

My man is drooling over the idea of a space-centered rpg by bethesda. 

I'm still playing Fallout and Skyrim and have yet to dabble into ESO fully (I will though, promise). I will be purchasing Fallout 76. As for Starfield. I like space, space is damn cool and can I see myself wandering the galaxy as an angry alien with a space shotgun or a blaster? Hell yeah. But I'd need to know more, like if there's races and classes and the kind of weapons available. 

Haha, maybe it is ES six, just CODA. LOLZ, cows in space! 

And Alduin calling someone a motherfucker. Now I wanna see Space Alduin voiced by Samuel L. Jackson

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    June 28, 2018 5:38 PM EDT

Oh, nice. I don't have to be a jerk about this one.

I'm excited for it. A single-player RPG by Bethesda? Bring it on. Even though I wasn't happy with Fallout 4, I feel like Bethesda has listened to fan feedback on that game!

https://www.pcgamer.com/fallout-4-lead-todd-howard-dialogue-system-didnt-work-as-well/

• 411 posts
    June 28, 2018 11:34 PM EDT

So long as it's a bethesda open world I'm 99% sure I'm gonna buy it. I won't get all hyped up about it until we get more info. Todd could reveal it to be another skyrim port for all we know 

• 1467 posts
    June 29, 2018 12:20 AM EDT

I'm super hyped honestly, I think it's a situation where we have high demand and a low supply of space RPG's with honestly only Mass Effect and Kotor really coming to mind. I know there's a couple others (probably?) but yeah it just seems interesting to me.

Still have to learn more...it could (somehow) be garbage if they fuck it up too much.

• 248 posts
    June 29, 2018 9:01 PM EDT

super mega hyped. space themed (sort of) rpgs are my favorite childhood games. 

Basically what Noodles said. Over the top hyped. going to pre order. Think they're going to crush it!

(def not setting myself up for dissapointment)

• 277 posts
    July 1, 2018 4:32 AM EDT

Mottyskills said:

super mega hyped. space themed (sort of) rpgs are my favorite childhood games. 

Basically what Noodles said. Over the top hyped. going to pre order. Think they're going to crush it!

(def not setting myself up for dissapointment)

I'm honestly just expecting a single player rpg with an open rich world to explore. This little is enough to hype me. It's what Bethesda has constantly delivered with TES and Fallout so I don't consider having larger than life expectations.