Forums » General Gaming

Greatest Hypothetical Fights

• 1467 posts
    May 29, 2018 11:23 PM EDT

Funnily enough, I have been writing a fanfic that's basically a battle royale between all Fallout main characters. It's not done yet (I've barely introduced the Courier), but I kinda like how it's coming along. I'll post it to the Vault when it's finished.

That sounds pretty cool honestly, would be interesting to see where it goes. Actually the more I think about it the more interesting the idea is to me :D 

• 275 posts
    May 29, 2018 11:59 PM EDT

Tysoyaha said:

Btw, I think you've misinterpreted the Fateless one's ability... it's not reality altering to the extent of "making it to where you never existed" it's more like probability manipulation. The Fateless one can deny the inevitable in their own life story and, in turn, affect the destiny of others. It's a powerful ability based on the butterfly effect type domino effects it creates...but he couldn't just blink Raziel out of existence. What he could do is will himself to victory even if it was predetermined that he would lose. The problem with that being that Raziel exists outside the wheel of fate and therefore isn't on the list of people who would be domino-affected by a Fateshift. So what happens if the Fateless one changes his destiny so that he wins, but can't change Raziel's fate to make him lose? A tie or yet another paradox?

There's a problem with that idea: the mere presence of the Fateless One does exactly as you describe. Technically, he's not supposed to exist, he's supposed to be dead. His Fate has already been decided and him being anywhere already changes Fate as it is. The power of Fateweaving means he's able to do more than that: he's able to manipulate the threads himself. Think of Fate like a tapestry, it all fits together well and can make something organized and beautiful. Now, the Fateless One's existence loosens the threads as they are, and his unique ability allows him to pluck and pull at these threads as much as he wants. Sure, I may have gone a little overboard with the "not existing" thing (I was playing Destiny recently and some Vex can do exactly that) but he can still manipulate the threads to guarantee himself a win.

As for the Raziel thing, I've never heard of him but assuming he is outside the Wheel of Fate as you said then he's basically the same case as the Fateless One but possibly has no Fateshift. Even if he does, neither of them have a tapestry that can be manipulated and thus the win will go to the better fighter. Again, I've never heard of Raziel so I don't know his feats, but I think a pure magic Fateless One can take down damn near anything. I mean, he can call meteors down from the sky with a flick of his hands, and multiple times in quick succession at that.

This post was edited by Ebonslayer at May 30, 2018 12:00 AM EDT
    • 62 posts
    May 30, 2018 12:18 PM EDT

Ebonslayer said:

Tysoyaha said:

Btw, I think you've misinterpreted the Fateless one's ability... it's not reality altering to the extent of "making it to where you never existed" it's more like probability manipulation. The Fateless one can deny the inevitable in their own life story and, in turn, affect the destiny of others. It's a powerful ability based on the butterfly effect type domino effects it creates...but he couldn't just blink Raziel out of existence. What he could do is will himself to victory even if it was predetermined that he would lose. The problem with that being that Raziel exists outside the wheel of fate and therefore isn't on the list of people who would be domino-affected by a Fateshift. So what happens if the Fateless one changes his destiny so that he wins, but can't change Raziel's fate to make him lose? A tie or yet another paradox?

There's a problem with that idea: the mere presence of the Fateless One does exactly as you describe. Technically, he's not supposed to exist, he's supposed to be dead. His Fate has already been decided and him being anywhere already changes Fate as it is. The power of Fateweaving means he's able to do more than that: he's able to manipulate the threads himself. Think of Fate like a tapestry, it all fits together well and can make something organized and beautiful. Now, the Fateless One's existence loosens the threads as they are, and his unique ability allows him to pluck and pull at these threads as much as he wants. Sure, I may have gone a little overboard with the "not existing" thing (I was playing Destiny recently and some Vex can do exactly that) but he can still manipulate the threads to guarantee himself a win.

As for the Raziel thing, I've never heard of him but assuming he is outside the Wheel of Fate as you said then he's basically the same case as the Fateless One but possibly has no Fateshift. Even if he does, neither of them have a tapestry that can be manipulated and thus the win will go to the better fighter. Again, I've never heard of Raziel so I don't know his feats, but I think a pure magic Fateless One can take down damn near anything. I mean, he can call meteors down from the sky with a flick of his hands, and multiple times in quick succession at that.

Holy shit, you've never played Legacy of Kain? It's literally my favorite video game story ever. I need to stop spoiling it so your can go play it like immediately. The twist will blow your fucking mind.

• 87 posts
    June 4, 2018 4:10 PM EDT
    Umm...Geralt of Rivia vs Everyone
    • 743 posts
    June 5, 2018 11:03 AM EDT

Ulfric Stormcloak vs High King Torygg

Oh, wait......