Forums » General Gaming

Best (or worst) usage of your native language and/or accents

• 1595 posts
    March 8, 2018 3:46 AM EST

Sort of off topic, but this video just made me howl xD I cannae understand a fookin word.

• 585 posts
    March 8, 2018 10:45 AM EST

Paws said:

Sort of off topic, but this video just made me howl xD I cannae understand a fookin word.

Ah the Scottish, mad as a bag of rats. At least I think so, they sound crazy at least :P

I'm actually surprised how much I understood from this, looks like my northern blood is paying off. Especailly because I'm usuallu bad with (what I think is) Glaswegian accents.

• 1595 posts
    March 9, 2018 12:46 PM EST

Zonnonn said:

Ah the Scottish, mad as a bag of rats. At least I think so, they sound crazy at least :P

I'm actually surprised how much I understood from this, looks like my northern blood is paying off. Especailly because I'm usuallu bad with (what I think is) Glaswegian accents.

It must be that viking blood, yeah :D Without the subs I'd have been lost!

• 184 posts
    March 13, 2018 3:00 PM EDT

I am extremely surprised at how well I can understand those Scots. I got pretty much everything except the slang. The subtitles make me confused though. It's like listening to readings of Middle English; I can't read a word of it, but it sounds like English with a strong accent. Might be my everything-but-the-kitchen-sink blood. XD

• 1595 posts
    March 13, 2018 3:53 PM EDT
    Hehe, or too much Witcher 3 listening to Zoltan, Wing? :D I'm just lost with it. I found a video of two drunk Irish men moving a sofa in the pissing rain. It's just awesome, so will try and upload when I can. I needed a translator for that, too.
    • 184 posts
    March 13, 2018 4:06 PM EDT

Found it, I think, unless there are more videos of pissed Irishmen moving sofas (knowing the internet, there probably are). Honestly, that, I couldn't decrypt in a thousand years. All I understood of the mouthy guy was 'fockin', 'focka' and maybe a 'bastard'. From the other guy, I got 'leave it alone'.

This post was edited by The Wing at March 13, 2018 4:24 PM EDT
    • 1595 posts
    March 13, 2018 4:49 PM EDT
    xD Haaaah! That's the one!
  • Mr.
    • 763 posts
    March 13, 2018 8:42 PM EDT

Oh my, these are all so precious. I take pride, since it's my second language, in having a good ear for English, but I couldn't understand a thing from the second video.