Forums » General Gaming

D&D Build Page?

• 13 posts
    February 14, 2018 1:02 AM EST

Pretty sure I'm not the only D&D player amongst the TamrielVault. D&D has a never ending pool of Character Builds and I think it'd be cool to have a place for them on the site. I know it's more Besthesda games here. Just thought I'd throw the idea out there. :D

This post was edited by Valric at February 14, 2018 1:02 AM EST
  • Mr.
    • 763 posts
    February 14, 2018 1:26 AM EST

If my memory doesn't fail me one of our members, Ponty, made a tabletop TES RPG game or something. I don't know if he ever finished that, but I remember that it was quite extensive. I'll search for it later, but I think that someone else will dig it up before me.

• 1467 posts
    February 14, 2018 1:28 AM EST

Huh, actually damn that's a really cool idea. I guess The RPG Group would fit it, there's not really a rule saying it can't be a pen in paper RPG for content there. Starting a new group or forum for it at this point would be a stretch, but it took off enough in the RPG Group then I'd happily suggest it to the Admins and try and push for it.

So, logically speaking, I think there'd be a bit of a difference between how it'd be best to set it up for a Group versus how you'd build for an actual game. Because I think to limit it to only people who can play D&D (which is fairly time-consuming) would just be a bit...well limiting. 

I think the best bet for it would be to start off with a focus on early level characters (Character Sheets really, but maybe with more detail) rather than late level and try and set it up so that people who don't play D&D could get involved. Still would leave some room for people who actually play to take their characters through the levels but from what I understand you can do a fair bit of building even with a Level One character. 

Dunno, I assume that the old rulings are more or less untouched when it comes to leveling? 20 is still max 'normal' levels and 40 is the max with prestige? We could easily set it up so that the group has tags for 1, 20 and 40 (maybe even have it be every 5 levels since I know you can level up pretty slowly depending on who your DM is).

But...I haven't played D&D for years, don't know anyone who plays, have shit luck ever playing when we set something up on the Vault (because I'm Australian and most people are American, it just has always meant that everyone would be at school/work when I'd be home) but I'd love to get into this a bit more. Would love to hear some thoughts regarding my thoughts on the idea.

• 1467 posts
    February 14, 2018 1:31 AM EST

If my memory doesn't fail me one of our members, Ponty, made a tabletop TES RPG game or something. I don't know if he ever finished that, but I remember that it was quite extensive. I'll search for it later, but I think that someone else will dig it up before me.

Yeah, he finished it alright, downloaded it way back when he first released it but I don't think I ever really did anything with it. Here's a Link and only because you mentioned someone else digging it up :P

• 13 posts
    February 14, 2018 1:37 AM EST

I actually think that is a great idea Dragonborn. I run a game on saturday and play in one on mondays. Level 10 would possibly be a good level to make builds at. Plenty of people make it to that point and it doesn't take a aweful amount of time to get that far into a game. Also it allows a ton of freedom with as many choices you have to make up to that point for truely creative builds. 

I think after I finish my current Skyrim Build, I will put a character or two I've played in the past and see how people like it.

• 585 posts
    February 14, 2018 5:17 AM EST

I agree with Deebs, RPG is the best place for this. There's definitely DnD interest on the Vault, I remember me and Rogue trying to set up a game a year or so - it got a lot of interest but ended up not happening. So it's not worth setting up a group, at least not yet, we should see how much content gets made first. But I for one would be interested to see what builds people could whip up.