Forums » The Lounge

Been a good year :)

• 284 posts
    February 6, 2018 5:59 PM EST

Hey everyone, Delta here with some year in review and a bit of that boring emotional stuff.

Soon, it will be exactly one year since I joined this Site and I must say, it's been one hell of a year for me. I came here looking for some builds, like everyone else and instead, I got myself dragged into the best thing that ever happened to me. I decided to review my first year here and see how far I came and how you guided me through those first few turbulent months while I was trying to find my place here.

In the first day I joined, I posted a Skyrim build based on Doctor Strange, called Sorcerer Supreme. I was a rookie back then and the build lacks several important parts like the roleplay and the equipment sections and it's a skeleton build. Later on, I dived into The Story Corner to try my hand at writing. It went well, with a lot of helpfull feedback from the senior writers like Liss, Karver, Sotek and Tenebrous (sorry if I forgot someone). The story, Bound in Blood, reached 14 chapters by the time I lost interest in it. Hope to go much further with the Innkeeper.

After that, I found my place here. Fallout. I gave out several New Vegas builds, including my first event build, Comic Book event build, Punish-her. My first build that I thought it was good, that it deserved it's place on the Vault. But then came my best build yet. I joined in on the Secret Origins event to bring forth something that is still my best build yet. My first Fallout 4 build: The Mercenary. A double build that I spent the whole month working on.

Later on, I tried my hand at Skyrim building again and failed miserably. My second Skyrim build: The Graverobber. A Tomb Raider inspired build that I presented badly. It even started a heated disscusion in the comment section. I was close to deleting it, but I decided to leave it be and use it to motivate me to became a better builder and present my builds better.

Around that time I also became a Host of the Story Corner, stepping in whle Sotek had some RL problems. I ran things there as best as I could until he came back. Later, I became the Host of the Fallout Hub, which I lead today with my partner in crime, FlamezSword. I'm trying my best to get The Hub into the spotlight it deserves. We already had two events and more are on the way. I have in plan spotlights and lore and roleplay disscusions as well. I also posted a roleplay profile on my build that I'm slowly working on based on the Metro game series.

Now, I'm stearing the Hub into a new year full of wonderfull oportunities. What events to hold? How many? What disscusions to post? We'll just have to wait and see. This is a bit of a long read, I know. I just wanted you to see what I've been doing since joining the Site. I would also like to use this to thank everyone who supported me.

Thank you Sotek, Karver, Liss, Tenebrous and Teineeva for being there for me in the story corner a year ago and giving me some much needed advice. And for giving me an oportunity to thrive on the Site and eventualy become a Host.

Thank you Deebs, for giving me feedback on those first build and for being a good friend.

Thank you Noodles and Motty, for giving me a space on this Site and helping with those early builds and letting me participate in the events. Because of you, I finaly saw that Fallout is my home here.

Thank you Madd and Probs, for opening the doors of the Fallout Hub to me. I would not be hosting the Hub right now if not for you.

Thank you Goldie, Legion and Phil for guiding me through the Site and being there for me when I needed you.

Thank you Edana, for getting up every day and running this place. I know it's hard to run this kind of Site.

And finaly, thank you Paul, for creating this place. It helped me get through some tough times in the last year.

And that's it from me. Told you I was going to get emotional. ;) See ya later.

• 1467 posts
    February 6, 2018 7:27 PM EST

A year in review? Damn Delta could've sworn you'd been here for way longer than that, kinda feels a bit weird to think of a time when you weren't pushing Fallout Hub, man that's just kinda strange to think about. Been a blast to have you around though mate :)

• 203 posts
    February 6, 2018 7:40 PM EST

It has been a good year, hasn't it? While it was your first year on the site, it was my first year as a host and it has been a good year for me there as well. Besides, Delta, I think you're giving me too much credit. I've just been doing my job as a host, and if that means having an interesting chat with a few odd people (like you, for example) that's just a bonus.

Anyway, just like Deebs already said, the idea that you've only been around for a year feels sort of... off. I guess it just felt like you've been on the site for longer, I have difficulties remembering a time where you weren't around. Then again my memory sucks so that may just be it too :P

• 69 posts
    February 7, 2018 12:21 AM EST

Hahah, "Partner in crime." I said much the same on llanisilver's Introduce Yourself thread xD

Guess great minds think about, eh? Well I've been on here, officially, for even less time Delta, but I've enjoyed hosting the Hub with you, and, I promise I'll get around to revamping some of those old threads eventually lol. I know I haven't exactly lived up to my word in that regard yet, but I just keep finding myself doing something else. :P

Well Partner, I hope to have at least another year, or two, on the Hub with you. It really has been a great year... cheers Delta!

This post was edited by FlamezSword at February 7, 2018 12:22 AM EST
    • 1595 posts
    February 7, 2018 4:57 AM EST

It doesn't feel like a year, Foxy, and time flies when we have fun. It's flown for me, I can tell you that for sure. I'm glad to know the site was there for you when you needed it, and rest assured you have given all that back and more. I'm stoked at the things you have planned for the Hub, and already you and Flamez make a great team :) Here's to another twelve months, Delta!

• 700 posts
    February 7, 2018 3:58 PM EST

D3! A year already, huh? I'm with the others in that it sure doesn't feel like it. You've been busy since you've been here though, creating, hosting, and just generally being a pleasure to have around. Thank you for all you've done and continue to do. I'm looking forward to seeing what kinds of things you pull off in the year to come.