Forums » Fallout

New sights I've seen (FO4)

• 215 posts
    February 4, 2018 11:20 AM EST

So with my current "main save" that I want to do everything I can in the game rather than focusing on a build, I figured I would see some new and interesting sights.  This will be my journal or log to record those events that are interesting enough to note.  To recap I'm not playing Survival but I am limiting fast travel and the goal will be (after any FT) to return to the same spot and resume play.  This way I hope to see more of the Commonwealth that I've probably missed when going through builds. 

• 215 posts
    February 4, 2018 11:25 AM EST

So, first thing I noticed that made me wonder about it was the aforementioned direction of the bomb in the initial game sequence.  Enough on that though.

Currently I am prowling around Concord and seeing some sights.  Doing things like going into back yards to see if any loot is back there.  The first "aha" moment came in the Concord Speakeasy.  So I can imagine some of the Concord elite just hanging out in the local bar drinking a pint or three.  One thing that confused me was, "Why in the hell is there a shovel inside the bar?"  I found it near the trio of corpses sitting near the front door.  Was there a hit going down later in the day and they needed a shovel to dispose of the corpse?  I can honestly say I've never seen a shovel in a bar that I've been in.  Restaurant either for that matter.  Anyway, I guess we'll never know but it certainly made me look squirrelly-eyed at those three corpses on the couches.

• 215 posts
    February 4, 2018 11:29 AM EST

So I've only gone in the Speakeasy once I think.  So what the hell is that guy upstairs doing in the bed with a mannequin?  That's just odd.  Not to mention the three guys with machetes standing around the tub.  WTF was that referencing?  Maybe that's why they needed the shovel downstairs?

This post was edited by Ragin Cajun at February 4, 2018 11:30 AM EST
    • 585 posts
    February 4, 2018 12:56 PM EST

Ragin Cajun said:

I can honestly say I've never seen a shovel in a bar that I've been in.

You've been going to the wrong bars then :P

I like the discussion, Ragin, as someone who hasn't expored FO4 in the depth it deserves I'm interested to see what weird and wonderful things you'll find.

• 203 posts
    February 4, 2018 1:05 PM EST

Ragin, while you're in Concord. Try going to the workhouse, it's an abandoned workshop of sorts in town. There's some more skeletal fun to be found up there.

• 215 posts
    February 4, 2018 1:07 PM EST

Teineeva said:

Ragin, while you're in Concord. Try going to the workhouse, it's an abandoned workshop of sorts in town. There's some more skeletal fun to be found up there.

I usually hit the workhouse.  Nothing jumped out although the mom with the baby rattle next to her was interesting.  No baby skeleton... wonder if the Institute took that one too.

• 203 posts
    February 4, 2018 1:15 PM EST

Ragin Cajun said:

Teineeva said:

I usually hit the workhouse.  Nothing jumped out although the mom with the baby rattle next to her was interesting.  No baby skeleton... wonder if the Institute took that one too.

I believe there's also a guy fighting with his boss over a safe upstairs. Anyway, yeah I think there are only a few examples of child remains, if any at all. Bethesda doesn't like putting them in it seems. There's plenty of occasions where they imply their presence though.

• 248 posts
    February 4, 2018 5:46 PM EST

I believe the bathtub machetes mannequins is a hat tip to some Lovecraft fiction...can't recall for sure but I remember reading somethign about it. 

There's TONS of easter eggs in the game. Tons. Like - anytime you find kids spelling blocks (the wooden blocks with letters) make sure to see if they spell anything :)

Have fun RC! 

• 248 posts
    February 4, 2018 5:49 PM EST

for fun (warning spoilers if you want to find them on your own!): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn6QwzqgPic

This post was edited by Mottyskills at February 4, 2018 5:49 PM EST
    • 215 posts
    February 7, 2018 5:31 PM EST

So, traveling with Codsworth for the first time; I'm going to effort to get affinity with all the companions, it struck me that Codsworth is the Sorting Hat from Harry Potter.

• 215 posts
    February 7, 2018 6:27 PM EST

Wow, so how many times have I cleared out Bedford Station and the switching tower?  Strangely I never saw the runner's body before...and never found the Railroad drop there.  Interesting.

• 1441 posts
    February 7, 2018 6:35 PM EST
    Cajun, head to Dunwich Borers
    • 215 posts
    February 7, 2018 6:38 PM EST

Man, what an eclectic combination of dead bodies.  I was heading south towards Diamond City from the Police Station and was prowling off the main road as part of my personal goals.  I noticed this hallway in between two buildings.  It was littered with corpses which was interesting enough...I had heard some gunfire and an explosion a few minutes before when dropping into the Station.

So anyway, there was Art...not sure if it was the human or synth version of him...but only one of him.  Then there were a few super mutants (no suiciders) with the typical SuperMutant note on them.  There were about four raiders and about six ghouls.  As if that were not enough...over in the corner was a lone Gunner.  Not sure WTF he was doing there, especially alone, but it was interesting.  Certainly it was a random encounter in my game but one of those moments I was wondering why we had representatives of almost every faction in the game. 

• 215 posts
    February 7, 2018 6:39 PM EST

Chris said: Cajun, head to Dunwich Borers
    Been there, actually farmed it for Heavy Metal Armor in my Predator build.  But when I get back I'll search for any neato stuff I missed.

• 215 posts
    February 8, 2018 3:50 PM EST

Here's that corpse pile I came across.  And a couple more on the other side of the platform.

This post was edited by Ragin Cajun at February 8, 2018 3:51 PM EST
    • 215 posts
    February 9, 2018 3:56 PM EST

So a weird one today.  Was by the Dartmouth Professional Building heading towards Nick and Swan in the Downtown area.  Been there a ton, even cleared it out a few times.  Nothing unusual so far.  Today though, as I was walking east away from the building I hear a very faint scream.  The scream becomes louder and louder and I'm looking around.  First thought was a suicider super mutant or something.  Then I hear a splat behind me. 

There is a Brewmaster's Apprentice...pretty darn sure I've NEVER seen him before.  Especially not dropping in on my from 30 stories up the building. 

• 248 posts
    February 9, 2018 4:17 PM EST

Never heard of that. Do you mean Buddy the walking kegerator?

• 215 posts
    February 9, 2018 6:07 PM EST

Mottyskills said:

Never heard of that. Do you mean Buddy the walking kegerator?

Nope.  I've gotten him before.  This is just a regular guy...looks like a settler but if you mouse on him he's called the Brewmaster's Apprentice.  It's possible he's part of a mod.  But a search does show other people seeing the same thing but no mod discussion on the threads.

• 215 posts
    February 10, 2018 5:59 PM EST

Cool.  Got into the Boston Bugle today for the first time ever.  Strange it was for a MILA quest for the Railroad, evidently that varies from location each game.  Anyway, there is a terminal in there with five articles.  Some very interesting lore in there about the Enclave rig, food riots, how long the war had been going on prior to the bombs.  Very neat stuff. 

• 215 posts
    February 10, 2018 6:02 PM EST

And the final World Series ever played...Boston vs Texas.  Hmm, aren't both of those American League teams?  And game 7 was to take place on the day the bombs fell. 

And the star pitcher for Boston was Matt Murtaugh.  Nicknamed...ready?  The Missle.  Too fitting.  And the last sentence of the article...

"Tomorrow, my friends, the unthinkable will finally come to pass.  And life in Boston will never be the same again."  Talk about some great foreshadowing.

• 215 posts
    February 10, 2018 8:57 PM EST

And today I discovered that the cost of a life in the Commonwealth is.... 194 caps. 

• 295 posts
    February 10, 2018 9:11 PM EST

Ride the Gondola! There is a fun gondola near Ticondergoga that conncects the roofs of two buildings. I've ridden it like three times already. And yes, I giggles every time when I shoots the raider at the end of the gondola ride, cause I stays hidden in the gondola and then yell SURPRISE! :D Hobos need to have some fun. 

• 215 posts
    February 16, 2018 5:11 PM EST

Oh my, just got an irradiated combat auto shotgun.  Wish this was a shotgun build...lol.

• 215 posts
    February 16, 2018 7:25 PM EST

OK, so always wondered what would happen if I went down that big sinkhole. 

• 248 posts
    February 16, 2018 7:26 PM EST

Ragin Cajun said:

OK, so always wondered what would happen if I went down that big sinkhole. 

Old Gullett? It's awesome down there - especially if you want to swim really fast (don't miss the magazine)