Forums » The Lounge

Tamriel Vault Discord?

• 12 posts
    February 3, 2018 6:10 AM EST

Please excuse me if this topic has been brought up before.

I'm relatively new to this place. I think I saw some info and posts that tere is or was a live chat on the site but that it was having problems?

Doesn't Tamriel Vault have a Discord? If yes, I haven't found any info on it.

If not.. Wouldn't it be great if the Tamriel Vault had a Discord server? :)

Discussing anything related to Fallout/TES or just general banter, live. With the possibility for voice chats etc?

Just a thought. This seems like a great community and I would love to have more people to chat more "personally" and live with about these great games, roleplay etc. :)

This post was edited by Simpa at February 3, 2018 9:56 AM EST
    • 1467 posts
    February 3, 2018 7:42 AM EST

So, we've had chats about Discord from time to time. We've had a few members bring up the idea of starting one, and then for various reasons the decision will be made to not start an Official 'Vault Discord'. Without going into full detail (because it could take awhile) there are some issues that deal in the hypothetical situation of something going wrong, arguments between members, people coming into troll, and other similar sorts of deals. I'm simplifying it a good deal because there were issues in the past when we had an Official Skype (a good two years ago now) and that's put a lot of Hosts/Admins who were around from that time off it a bit.

I'll mention it to the other Hosts though, see if thoughts have changed about it since the last time someone brought it up.

• 12 posts
    February 3, 2018 10:01 AM EST

Thank you for the good and honest reply Dragonborn1921 :) 

Understandable points, I hear you. I'm relatively new here and haven't been overly active, but if the decision was made to start an official TV Discord, I'd be more than happy to help out in any way I could.

• 64 posts
    February 3, 2018 1:21 PM EST

Hey Simpa

I already braught this up a year ago or so, basically the hosts feel like it would take away trafic from the Vault and mean more things going on off the site than on it. There are ofcourse many other reasons like the ones Dragonborn mentions, but keep in mind that this has been thought over alot. Now, Id personally still want to see a discord but The Vault is not so much a place for gamers or gaming as it is a place for creative development etc.

Anyways, after having talked with some of the hosts I also got conviced to just keep it all here... at least until TES 6 comes out and the site explodes once more, which I have no doubt that it will , but until then Ill enjoy the solitude and peace that we have now a days xD

• 1595 posts
    February 4, 2018 4:03 AM EST

Hi Simpa, it's nice to see you back and active :) DB has rasied the discussion as he said he would, so I just wanted to pop in and say hi :D

• 12 posts
    February 4, 2018 11:00 AM EST

Hey Paws! Thank you, I'll try to stay as active as I can. :) Hi! :D