Forums » Elder Scrolls

What's your max number of mods?

• 9 posts
    January 26, 2018 2:42 AM EST
    So I've managed recently to get Nexus Mods to work with the Original Skyrim (Hello variety!) and have been spending days doing nothing but testing out mods for a Build I have in mind when something occurred to me: I had over 150 mods installed. Granted I was testing for usability/compatability but it seemed to be too many mods for a single build. So I got rid of the mods that I didn't like while the mods I did like I put into 3 folders. In the end I still wound up with 30+ mods. It still feels like too many mods for a build but I'll work on that later on this morning. (thinking of making a code for when I'm on the 3DS, maybe 8#S$ ) How many mods do you (experienced, inexperienced, or master players/roleplayers alike) usually use in a modded playthrough? And on a side note, how does the "Modded" tag work in Character Builds?
    • 284 posts
    January 26, 2018 5:11 AM EST

I once had about 75+ mods installed. Recently, however, I switched to Skyrim SE so I have a smaller mod list, about 40+

• 10 posts
    January 26, 2018 1:28 PM EST

On Skyrim Legenday Edition, I had a full "SRLE: LotD" setup which entails about 500 or mods (before any merges).  It took me two weekends to install and get ready.

For Fallout 4, I run about 150 mods.

On Skyrim Special Edition, I have 200 or so.

• 700 posts
    January 26, 2018 1:37 PM EST

The most I have is 40 on Fallout 4, and about a 5th of them are seldom-to-never used. The number of mods I use for a specific character have yet to surpass a small handfull since my mods are more general quality-of-life mods like sound overhauls, textures, better pipboy map, and so on. 

• 275 posts
    January 26, 2018 3:28 PM EST

• 62 posts
    January 26, 2018 4:18 PM EST
    Jesus Christ... I don't know exactly how many I have, but I'm certain it's in the single digits.
  • Mr.
    • 763 posts
    February 2, 2018 9:40 PM EST

So I just finished modding New Vegas from scratch for a new playthrough. I've topped 83 active plugins and 85 plugins total (I have deactivated both New Vegas Bounties III and Better Angels, both mods by legendary quest mod maker someguy2000, as per his instructions until I finish New Vegas Bounties II for III and III for BA).

As for Skyrim, I really must start modding that game all over again... one day. It's a hot mess with loads of mods I added for testing and no playing so it really doesn't count. You should only play "clean" modded games, to minimize potential rages.

By the way, it took me two nights and a few more day hours. It's a lot of work.

This post was edited by Mr. at February 2, 2018 9:42 PM EST