Forums » The Lounge

Why I'm Going To Stick With Bungie -

• 278 posts
    January 16, 2018 8:49 AM EST

Let me just start off by saying that Bungie has certainly and decisively made some definite mistakes. I've just used three rather big words that mean the exact same thing to stress my point, so you know I'm serious. Destiny 2, in my opinion was better vanilla-wise then Destiny 1 vanilla-wise, but it pales in comparison to as Skill-Up so smartly put it, that beautiful mess of a game and to me this feels both upsetting and heartbreaking as a long-time fan of the Destiny series. I would say it would be sneaking up as one of my favourite IP's of all time and yet I simultaneously am so upset with it - why? It annoys me that vanilla Destiny 1 took 3 years to get to the brilliant game it is now, but admittedly every DLC and Expansion was a large step in the right direction - and this is all happening with Activision's mighty hand of Eververse so far up Bungie's ass it could probably come out the other side. While I understand the growing market for videogames I so desperately wish that Eververse would, believe it or not, stay in the game but change the way it works. I realise it somewhat has to be there, but what I would want is a way to buy exactly what I want, not have to do some Battlefront 2 shit just to get something I don't want - this isn't EA, guys! But to me, I think that Destiny 2 could right itself with the next expansion - and hopefully a 'Taken King' will pop up and completely fix all the issues with Destiny 2. While the Curse of Osiris literally falls over it's feet in comparison to the alright Dark Below, House of Wolves was a far better DLC and if Destiny 2 got an especially good second DLC it could right the wrongs - not to mention all of the updates and fixes Bungie are promising us. And unlike EA I think that Bungie and Activision have a chance - yeah, Activision's a 'mainstream' company in every sense but they're not evil. All I want is my Destiny back. I love Destiny 2 and no matter what I will play it until it literally dies but currently it's like a sick dog. I'll stay by it's side but I'm waiting for it to get better. If it doesn't, I'll have to learn to say goodbye, and when that moment comes, I'll have to accept it and move on. 

Eh, if that happens there's always free-to-play Desti - Oh, wait? It's called Warframe?

-

On one more side note - I totally belive that there is a chance Destiny 2 may undergo a vigorous reimagining of most aspects of the game between now and Fall, like Bungie promised. While I don't think the Curse of Osiris will get changed, my main hopes are as follows - 

No.1 - Removes paywall on Heroic Strikes and other events that are currently locked behind Curse of Osiris' DLC - though I believe this change is coming rather soon if you listen to any Destiny video's comments.

No.2 - Change the garbage 'attunements' back into 'talents' like in Destiny 1. They weren't great, but instead of Build A or Build B I could be whatever I wanted. 

No.3 - More endgame content, a nicer grind, more unique, fun perks on Exotics instead of being simple and forgettable reskins. 

No.4 - Maybe make the Campaign harder - currently Ghaul is piss-weak. 

-

And that's about it. Thanks for reading my rant/review/whatever this was.

- Wulfhedinn

• 1441 posts
    January 16, 2018 12:48 PM EST
    Especially if you double Nova Bomb is ass. Me and a friend did that as best class, ergo Warlocks, and murdered him in about four NB's
    • 275 posts
    January 16, 2018 6:17 PM EST

I don't think Destiny 2 will be changed for the better any time soon if at all. It's not because I don't doubt Bungie, I really think they do want the best for the playerbase, I doubt the actual creators of the game: Activision. Nothing in the game is Bungie's idea, Activision is pulling the strings for the entirety of the game and, knowing them, they will never care about what players want, they care about one thing and one thing only: $$$. As long as Activision is in charge they will continue to exploit the playerbase without care.