Forums » Introduce Yourself

Cannon is aboooaaard!

• 41 posts
    December 27, 2017 7:05 AM EST
    As I am waiting in a queue anyway, I figured I'd introduce my humble self. To do so, I'm gonna tell you a little story starring me, RPGs, and websites not unlike this one.
    My love for RPGs began about halfway through 2014 AD. I went to visit my cousin, and he showed me Dragon's Dogma. This fine game is the first RPG I've ever played, and it instantly grabbed me and charmed me, so the idea of character development hooked me then.
    Obviously, I wanted this game for myself. But Skyrim was cheaper, and my acquaintances told me it's pretty cool. So I bought this one instead.
    That was late 2014. Not long after that, I discovered that people post character builds for Skyrim on the internet, so I started lurking around on TamrielVault (back then it was TheSkyrimBlog, on ning social engine, IIRC).
    Then I switched to SkyrimCalculator. Some time passed, and I saw nuka-scrolls link on one of HX's videos, so I went there. There, I made an account, so I was no longer just a lurker. Then, people from nuka-scrolls moved to TheSkyForge, so I followed along. When a close and important friend of mine stopped replying to my emails, I decided to chase him down. The chase led me here, so here I am.

What else? My name's Cannon, my hobbies include playing video games, listening to music, swimming, collecting beverage cans as well as buying/wearing flannel plaid shirts.

My favorite game genres are hack'n'slash, rpg, sandbox and stealth.

My favorite piece of fictional narrative would probably be Prequel by Kazerad (it's based on TESIV: Oblivion).

Oh, and please forgive me if my grammar is bad. English isn't my first language, and I'm not much of a languages person.

Nice to meet you all. Wow, this is quite a long introductory post.
    • 295 posts
    December 27, 2017 8:10 AM EST

Hi Cannon, Welcome to TV.

No worries on the length, you still had quite a bit to go before you achieved what is called "Pulling a Liss" or "Pulling a Long-Chapper" here. :D Collecting beverage cups? My mom used to collect these really pretty Culver brand glasses, glass trimmed with gold plate, especially shotglasses from around the US and stuff. 

We have a pretty strong fanfiction section here with several stories set during TESIV if you are interested in stories. We also have stories set in Skyrim and ESO. I'm host of TSC (The Story Corner) with my partner in crime, Sotek, and I also host over at the Workshop with Duvain, but I also float around if you have any questions.  

Yeah, the character build section here is huge and continuing to expand, for both Skyrim and Fallout. We host events pretty regularly and encourage people to participate. 

• 82 posts
    December 27, 2017 8:46 AM EST

Cannon said: When a close and important friend of mine stopped replying to my emails, I decided to chase him down.

Guy sounds like an asshole.

• 44 posts
    December 27, 2017 9:17 AM EST

Welcome to TV! :)

• 62 posts
    December 27, 2017 9:31 AM EST

Loopdiss said:

Cannon said: When a close and important friend of mine stopped replying to my emails, I decided to chase him down.

Yea, but he's OUR asshole! Wait...eew.

• 585 posts
    December 27, 2017 10:33 AM EST

Welcome to the site, Cannon! You're english is great, mate, I couldn't tell english wasn't your first languge.

• 1441 posts
    December 27, 2017 10:45 AM EST

Cannon said: As I am waiting in a queue anyway, I figured I'd introduce my humble self. To do so, I'm gonna tell you a little story starring me, RPGs, and websites not unlike this one. My love for RPGs began about halfway through 2014 AD. I went to visit my cousin, and he showed me Dragon's Dogma. This fine game is the first RPG I've ever played, and it instantly grabbed me and charmed me, so the idea of character development hooked me then. Obviously, I wanted this game for myself. But Skyrim was cheaper, and my acquaintances told me it's pretty cool. So I bought this one instead. That was late 2014. Not long after that, I discovered that people post character builds for Skyrim on the internet, so I started lurking around on TamrielVault (back then it was TheSkyrimBlog, on ning social engine, IIRC). Then I switched to SkyrimCalculator. Some time passed, and I saw nuka-scrolls link on one of HX's videos, so I went there. There, I made an account, so I was no longer just a lurker. Then, people from nuka-scrolls moved to TheSkyForge, so I followed along. When a close and important friend of mine stopped replying to my emails, I decided to chase him down. The chase led me here, so here I am. What else? My name's Cannon, my hobbies include playing video games, listening to music, swimming, collecting beverage cans as well as buying/wearing flannel plaid shirts. My favorite game genres are hack'n'slash, rpg, sandbox and stealth. My favorite piece of fictional narrative would probably be Prequel by Kazerad (it's based on TESIV: Oblivion). Oh, and please forgive me if my grammar is bad. English isn't my first language, and I'm not much of a languages person. Nice to meet you all. Wow, this is quite a long introductory post.
    Hey Arch, glad to see you on here

• 558 posts
    December 27, 2017 4:43 PM EST
    Tesla cannon?
    • 694 posts
    December 27, 2017 6:20 PM EST

Welcome to the community, Cannon! Glad to have you with us. I think I share your interest in all those hobbies except maybe the cup collecting thing. I did happen to score a pretty sweet plaid shirt over the holiday though that I'm pretty pumped about. xD

If you're familiar with the site and how it works, I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding your way around.  It sounds like there's plenty here for you to dig into and I'm looking forward to seeing any content you might share with us too. :)

But if you ever need anything or run into any issues, please don't hesitate to reach out. My inbox is always open. 

• 82 posts
    December 27, 2017 6:52 PM EST
    Zonnonn said:

Welcome to the site, Cannon! You're english is great, mate, I couldn't tell english wasn't your first languge.

*Your, or did you do that facetiously?
    • 82 posts
    December 27, 2017 6:54 PM EST
    Tysoyaha said:

Loopdiss said:

Yea, but he's OUR asshole! Wait...eew.

I think he'd rather not be.
    • 41 posts
    December 27, 2017 6:59 PM EST
    @The Long-Chapper Hi, nice to meet you. More like beer, energy drinks, and soda. I'll make sure to take a closer look at TSC. Wait, you are the one called Liss, aren't you?

@Loopdiss Because he is. :P

@Caladran Thank you :)

@Tysoyaha Exactly, eew.

@Zonnonn I've been told that before, but y'know, just in case.

@Chris It's been quite some time since we last spoke, my sweet dude. I'm glad to see you, too.

@Gollum Yes indeed, that's me.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I've met with a few of you before, but it's nice to meet both old and new acquaintances.
    • 295 posts
    December 27, 2017 7:01 PM EST

Cannon said: @The Long-Chapper Hi, nice to meet you. More like beer, energy drinks, and soda. I'll make sure to take a closer look at TSC. Wait, you are the one called Liss, aren't you?

Yep, that's me. 

• 41 posts
    December 27, 2017 7:09 PM EST
    @Edana I'll hit you up if I run into any trouble. Plaid shirts rule!
    • 41 posts
    December 27, 2017 7:11 PM EST
    @Liss So this is how I shall refer to you from this point on.
    • 295 posts
    December 27, 2017 7:31 PM EST

Cannon said: @Liss So this is how I shall refer to you from this point on.

Lol, I am known by both. Well, when someone says you've pulled a Long-Chapper or a Liss, usually means around here that you've just written a lot. Is a running joke. 

• 41 posts
    December 27, 2017 7:35 PM EST
    Got it.
    • 1595 posts
    December 28, 2017 2:56 AM EST

Hi Cannon and welcome aboard, dude :) Nice intro, I'm intrigued by Prequel by Kazerad. What was your first TES game and character, may I ask?

Feel free to message me if you need any help :)

• 41 posts
    December 28, 2017 8:30 AM EST
    Hi! Yes, Prequel surely is intriguing. As I have written in the initial post, Skyrim is my first TES game. My first character was a Breton Jack of all trades. I literally juste used anything I came across. As at first I didn't understand how perks work, I switched from light to heavy armor, from warrior to mage to thief based on equipment I came across.
    • 41 posts
    December 28, 2017 8:31 AM EST
    I won't hesitate to message you.
    • 41 posts
    December 28, 2017 8:31 AM EST
    I won't hesitate to message you.
    • 41 posts
    December 28, 2017 8:33 AM EST
    Dang, I guess I'm just too fast with those buttons lol.
    • 152 posts
    December 28, 2017 10:52 AM EST

Hey Cannon, welcome aboard! I'm so glad you decided to upgrade from being a meager lurker to an actual member of this site, it's always totally worth it and I regret waiting 4 years to do it myself. I'm not often in TES side of the site buuttt you should definitely consider coming and checking out our Fallout roleplay and character building sections sometime. We're definitely smaller than the Skyrim groups but the quality of the content in our group is marvelous and super enjoyable to look through even if you haven't played the game. Even if Fallout isn't necessarily up your ally for genre of RPG,  I think you'd still get a kick out of tasting some cool post-apocalypse roleplay through character builds and other various posts we have. Feel free to message me or any of the hosts of those two groups. You can find their names on the side pannel when you enter into whatever group you decide to look at.

Cheers! I'm working on developing a cool Fallout build right now to post up but at the same time I'm playtesting a pirate/corsair build that I'm sure you'd love to come give me some pirate-esque comments on XD 

Take it easy man, and welcome to the site

-Madd

• 41 posts
    December 28, 2017 3:36 PM EST
    'meager', lol. I'll take a look at the Fallout side of things. I have material for a FNV build myself, but I somewhat can't get to writing it up. Maybe looking at TV's fine fallout content will give me enough motivation to do so, hopefully.
    Nice to meet you.
    • 4 posts
    December 29, 2017 10:07 AM EST

Hi cannon, your english is pretty good dude! I was a lurker until a couple months ago, I rediscovered this site a while ago and it looks so different now I almost didn't recognize it. I'm actually writing a fanfiction right now, what's Prequel like?