Forums » Elder Scrolls

Skyrim: What City Do You Hate the Most?

• 122 posts
    December 16, 2017 1:18 AM EST

FlamezSword said:

Anyways, I'll get back to the topic of the post... I probably hate Morthal the most because it has so little that I find interesting about it (visually and questing)

While I respect why you say that, I'm afraid I disagree. Morthal could've been the BEST town in Skyrim. It has mysterious bogs, superstitious villagers, a vampire menace, strange visions from the bloodline of its Jarls...And what frustrates me is that there is so very little of it actually used in the game. Couldn't we discern the source of the Jarl's visions and help her, or her children, control them? 

The whole place is exactly like where I'd expect Castlevania to plop down if this were another game universe. It's awesome in theory. 

In practice it's still interesting to me in place,s but it does lack ammenities. 

• 966 posts
    December 19, 2017 11:09 PM EST

All of them to an extent, most of them have wasted potential. I wish Bethesda would rethink the way they do cities, most feel like villages or fortified towns at best.

The worst would probably be Winterhold, it's less interesting than minor settlements like Rorikstead, they could've made it a cool place with collapsed ruins and such too.

• 29 posts
    April 11, 2018 4:10 PM EDT
    The only cities that can truly be called cities are Riften, Windhelm, Markarth, Solitude, and Whiterun. The rest are just villages. I think Falkreath should have had more Colovian architecture.
    • 29 posts
    April 11, 2018 4:10 PM EDT
    The only cities that can truly be called cities are Riften, Windhelm, Markarth, Solitude, and Whiterun. The rest are just villages. I think Falkreath should have had more Colovian architecture.
    • 1 posts
    May 6, 2018 3:42 PM EDT
    Ugh Markarth