Forums » General Gaming

Total War: Warhammer II

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    August 24, 2017 4:25 PM EDT

So we just got a surge of news, gameplay and trailers for the second entry in the Total War Warhammer trilogy, and I wanted to get a feeling of how many of you (if any) are planning on getting the game, either on launch or later, so we from the Vault could join in for some multiplayer campaigns and battles? I have the first game too, but right now I'm only able to play multiplayer battles should someone be up for that. I should warn you, however, that the last multiplayer battles that I fought in Total War were back in Rome 2.

Anyway, back to Warhammer 2. The Skaven have been announced! They are possibly Warhammer Fantasy's most original race, even though Warhammer's lore is a lot more deep and interesting than one might initially think (trust me on that). I also think that this is one of the best trailers released, as it perfectly captures the feeling of the filthy rats. But all of this heresy is surely a jest, no? There are no such things as "Ratmen" living under our cities...

And the bell tolled Thirteen times...

The Dark Elves, or Druchii, also had a pretty cool trailer, introducing both the Witch King of Naggaroth, Malekith, and the Hag Sorceress, Morathi, aka Malekith's mommy, aka the woman responsible for the Civil War that divided the Elves of Ulthuan between the High Elves and the Dark Elves.

Most importantly, however, we had a good look at the beautiful Vortex campaign map. This is easily the best campaign map CA has ever made, and the gameplay campaign mechanics seems to be some of the best of the series!

• 1441 posts
    August 24, 2017 4:33 PM EDT

If it comes out on PS4.

Oh yeah, and Grimgor kicking Everchosen in the dick is my favorite moment 

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    January 25, 2018 10:44 PM EST

What's better than some spooky scary skeletons? Nothing, I say.

Having played Total War: Warhammer II, I was originally pretty dissatisfied with the game when compared to the first one. Sure, the animations only got better and the factions deeper and more unique, but I think that the nature of the Vortex campaign wasn't at all to my taste. I hated that there was a ticking clock to it and hated the way they just threw random Chaos and Skaven armies at you if you wanted to progress. I disliked it so much that when they released Mortal Empires and I tried to start a new campaign as the High Elves, I just couldn't get back to Total War Warhammer.

I am glad to say, however, that the Tomb Kings DLC changed my view of the game. They are easily the best thing about Total War: Warhammer II, and I haven't felt as excited about playing TWW since the early days of the first entry in the trilogy. I think it helps that, after the Dwarfs and maybe the Bretonnians, they were the only other faction I was actually looking forward for in the entire trilogy and CA delivered it beautifully. It might be too early to tell, but I think that the Tomb Kings are now my favorite faction in the entire series.

Here's the Tomb Kings trailer.