February 13, 2018 9:38 PM EST

• 7 posts
    February 14, 2018 6:35 PM EST
    • 700 posts
    February 24, 2018 5:19 PM EST

For your daily neck excercises

• 7 posts
    February 26, 2018 6:52 PM EST

Ah, good old Decapitated. 'Nihility' is a good album.

• 700 posts
    February 26, 2018 6:59 PM EST

Haiduk Plague said:

Ah, good old Decapitated. 'Nihility' is a good album.

I'll check that one out next, thanks. I just picked this album up from Best Buy a few days ago, and it's the first of theirs I've heard. I'm only now learning about the dramatic lineup changes they've had throughout the years and just how polarizing its been for the fans. 

• 197 posts
    March 4, 2018 6:09 PM EST

Molotov, by Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit. I’m in this particular stage of life right now, and this song expresses it beautifully. it almost hurts to listen. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XV1r1PnE9Ws

This post was edited by ilanisilver at March 4, 2018 6:11 PM EST
    • 558 posts
    March 4, 2018 8:52 PM EST

New Nekrogoblikon track:

I only wish it was a minute longer.

• 278 posts
    March 6, 2018 6:17 PM EST

Am I the only one here who likes indie? Lemon to a knife fight by the Wombats, What can I do if the fire goes out by Gang of Youths, The heart is a muscle by Gang of Youths.

This post was edited by Wulfhedinn at March 6, 2018 6:30 PM EST
    • 197 posts
    March 6, 2018 6:34 PM EST
    Wulfhedinn said:

Am I the only one here who likes indie? Lemon to a knife fight by the Wombats, What can I do if the fire goes out by Gang of Youths, The heart is a muscle by Gang of Youths.

I love that first one. Haven’t heard the other two, will have to check them out. There’s a lot of indie artists I love. J GRGRY and the Smokey Brights are two I’ve discovered lately. They’re from near Seattle, and our local station plays them often. So good.
    • 278 posts
    March 6, 2018 6:39 PM EST

Gang of Youths are so incredible it hurts. Went to see them last year in Hobart, they were so utterly incredible. Not a single bad song.

• 197 posts
    March 6, 2018 6:56 PM EST
    Wulfhedinn said:

Gang of Youths are so incredible it hurts. Went to see them last year in Hobart, they were so utterly incredible. Not a single bad song.

Wow, they are good. Thanks! Added to the playlist. My favorite - I think they can still be considered indie- band is Manchester Orchestra. One of the few bands I can just listen to their albums straight through. Also Glass Animals and Bleachers. And alt-J. Still indie? Not sure.
    • 278 posts
    March 6, 2018 7:19 PM EST

They're incredible!

• 197 posts
    March 14, 2018 11:33 AM EDT

One of my favorite albums. It’s a story from start to finish based on fictional characters and adventure stories that the band invented for this album. My favorite tracks are Meet Me in the Woods, and Take Me Back to the Night We Met. 

Lord Huron, Strange Trails

http://www.mtv.com/news/2139360/lord-huron-strange-trails-ben-schneider-interview/

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=td_CYmQujd0

This post was edited by ilanisilver at March 14, 2018 11:34 AM EDT
    • 558 posts
    March 14, 2018 9:39 PM EDT

Brand new Nekrogoblikon track+video that released like 40 minutes ago.

• 278 posts
    March 20, 2018 5:50 PM EDT

Holy shit, I've fallen in love with this song. Deception Bay.

• 1441 posts
    March 21, 2018 2:55 AM EDT
    Been listening toa fuckton of Sabaton

Do you remember when the Winged Hussars arrived?
    https://youtu.be/eWkrQQly6xU
    • 558 posts
    March 22, 2018 6:26 PM EDT

One of the few American black metal bands.

• 197 posts
    March 28, 2018 6:52 PM EDT

This video is for a song called ‘74-‘75 by a southern American group called The Connells. They were my first grown-up concert in college, at a local venue in Raleigh, NC. 1994. The band showed up in my Facebook feed today, and provoked a trip down memory lane. So so so many feels. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l-ITv4OBV9c

• 17 posts
    April 4, 2018 1:51 PM EDT

Saw Lana del Rey about two nights ago for the first time. Bitch didn't let me down: lovely voice, really charismatic and she seemed high as fuck ❤

This post was edited by Sarah Lannister at April 4, 2018 2:36 PM EDT
    • 1595 posts
    April 4, 2018 2:28 PM EDT
    Sarah Lannister said:

Saw Lana del Rey about two nights ago for the first time. Bitch didn't let me down: lovely voice, really charismatic and she seemed high as fuck ❤

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EX_ptHopamc

ps.: I'm having trouble embedding videos. I just click in the "insert video" button and paste the youtube address. It used to work, but a couple of months ago it just stopped working. Is there any other way to do it? 

The video tool should have two options, the second tab is to embed a video which should work ok. So for that you'd need to get the YT embed code then paste the code into that box :)
    • 17 posts
    April 4, 2018 2:35 PM EDT

Paws said: 

The video tool should have two options, the second tab is to embed a video which should work ok. So for that you'd need to get the YT embed code then paste the code into that box :)

Yay!! Thank you! 

• 197 posts
    April 5, 2018 7:41 PM EDT

• 197 posts
    July 17, 2018 1:00 PM EDT

This video came with an existential crisis this morning, thanks to my 7 year old. It came on MTV Classic (god), and she looked up and asked me if that band was still alive. My first response was "wow, kid, how old do you think I am?" since I told her these were videos I listened to when I was a kid. And then, it hit me that no, Michael Hutchence wasn't alive. Funny how things like that slip away until you're confronted with them.

And THEN, it hit me that I heard this song for the first time when I was 7 years old, probably sitting in the same spot in my parents' living room that she is now.

But damn, it's still a good song.

• 694 posts
    July 17, 2018 5:32 PM EDT

Niiiiiiiice, Illani. Love the throwback. :D It's making me all nostalgic for good, older music. Here's one of my all-time faves:

• 197 posts
    July 17, 2018 8:37 PM EDT
    That is a good one. Yes. Dinosaur Jr is one of those bands I didn’t discover until college, for whatever reason. They were around earlier, but for some reason I had no idea they existed. So for me, Dinosaur Jr, Echo and the Bunnymen, Joy Division, Guided by Voices, and a couple of others that are really unrelated in any way evoke the same feelings simply because of my age when I discovered them. Music’s fun that way.