Forums » The Lounge

the music thread

• 585 posts
    September 3, 2017 1:42 PM EDT

Legion said:

It's been about 5 years since I heard this album, and it still stands as their best work in my opinion

Disturbed hmmm? Have you by any chance listened to their 'Sound of Silence' cover? I'm not one for their usual stuff to be honest, but I bloody love that cover. The singer's voice is crazy powerful and the whole thing just sounds awesome.

• 167 posts
    September 3, 2017 2:03 PM EDT

Ah Disturbed is always in my "gaming list" music, great choise!

Edit: Indeed Zonnonn this cover is really good.

This post was edited by Duvain at September 3, 2017 2:05 PM EDT
    • 700 posts
    September 3, 2017 2:52 PM EDT

Zonnonn said:

Legion said:

It's been about 5 years since I heard this album, and it still stands as their best work in my opinion 

Disturbed hmmm? Have you by any chance listened to their 'Sound of Silence' cover? I'm not one for their usual stuff to be honest, but I bloody love that cover. The singer's voice is crazy powerful and the whole thing just sounds awesome.

Duvain said:

Ah Disturbed is always in my "gaming list" music, great choise!

Edit: Indeed Zonnonn this cover is really good.

I have listened to it. I did not expect it to be quite as good as it was, but you're both right to praise it. And yeah, I used to spin the entire Disturbed discography (which at the time only went as far as Indestrcutible) when I would play Halo PC. They were pretty much 90% of what I listened to for years. 

• 261 posts
    September 3, 2017 6:08 PM EDT

*cracks knuckles, laughs maniacally*

Right, let's start with Disturbed. I love Disturbed to an absurd degree, so I've listened to a lot of their stuff. Here's The Animal, a favorite. (As a side note, they've done quite a few covers; the ones I've heard are Land of Confusion, Sound of Silence and Living After Midnight)

Next, sticking with metal, we have the best damn cover of the 1986 Transformers theme song I've heard. And as a massive TF nerd, that means a lot to me.

And by the same people, we have a heavy metal cover of Super Mario Bros., which works infinitely better than expected. This was also used in the reboot of Super Mario Bros. Z, a.k.a the best sprite animation of all time.

Moving away from the world of metal, we have... A retelling of Lovecraft's 'A Shadow over Innsmouth' to the tune of Christmas music. It is gutbustingly hilarious, especially if you've actually read the story.

Then, we have super-cool 80s style music.

And then, we have some chipper and quite fast electronic music, with a really good name.

And to top it off, well, this is the Tamriel Vault. So, have some nice Skyrim violins, courtesy of Lindsey Sterling.

This post was edited by Tenebrous at September 3, 2017 6:08 PM EDT
    • 558 posts
    September 6, 2017 10:26 PM EDT

Okay... enough with the pussy shit. Here is some real music:

This post was edited by Gollum at September 6, 2017 10:31 PM EDT
    • 743 posts
    September 6, 2017 10:29 PM EDT

John Goblikon said:

Fistfull of Dollars theme song is the most masculine song to exist.

• 558 posts
    September 6, 2017 10:33 PM EDT

Rogue said:

John Goblikon said:

Without a even a tiny bit of edge, too.

• 743 posts
    September 6, 2017 10:35 PM EDT

John Goblikon said:

Rogue said:

John Goblikon said:

Without a even a tiny bit of edge, too.

That's why it's timeless!

• 743 posts
    September 6, 2017 10:38 PM EDT

The greatest rock band to ever exist with one of the best improv guitar solos to ever exist. 

This post was edited by Rogue at September 6, 2017 10:39 PM EDT
    • 278 posts
    September 7, 2017 12:01 AM EDT

Oh, well thank god that the Vault know what good music is :) Great new song by Beck 

-

Beck - Dear Life

Pretty cool video, as well. 

(Also, Rogue? Good pick with Led Zeppelin there :D )

• 278 posts
    September 7, 2017 12:03 AM EDT

Not to mention, Asgeir is possibly the most nordic/icelandic singer ever (who's good, at least)

• 558 posts
    September 9, 2017 7:34 PM EDT

Here's a pretty great song. 

• 167 posts
    September 10, 2017 7:11 PM EDT

I was looking back to some of my old playlists needless to say my playlists are all gaming music playlists cause I 'm a nerd hehe :P which means they have any type of music from any type of artist as long as it will fit the purpose of "rising" my PvP / PvE mood :D

and found a few songs from this band which I had to hear for a very long time, they have some good ones.

Enjoy, I picked videos with some action to accompany the songs :D

This post was edited by Duvain at September 10, 2017 7:13 PM EDT
  • September 14, 2017 9:43 PM EDT

I found this cover today. While I am not big into this type of music, there is something about this one I like.

• 700 posts
    September 14, 2017 9:55 PM EDT

That's a really interesting amalgamation of pop, rap, djent, and metalcore. There might be something I like about this too...

• September 14, 2017 9:57 PM EDT

Legion said:

That's a really interesting amalgamation of pop, rap, djent, and metalcore. There might be something I like about this too...

Yeah, the group is called Fame on Fire and they have a done a lot of covers. My other favorite is Black Widow. Though I have been watching a lot of the Pop Goes [Insert genre or year] videos.

• 457 posts
    September 14, 2017 11:05 PM EDT

Wolfkyn said:Great new song by Beck 

-

Beck - Dear Life

Pretty cool video, as well. 

(Also, Rogue? Good pick with Led Zeppelin there :D )

I've really enjoyed what I've been hearing from Beck over the last couple years. 

• September 15, 2017 10:27 AM EDT

This maybe my favorite Youtube. I love the covers they do and the idea of taking modern day songs and making them sound like they are from a different era.

• 1467 posts
    September 15, 2017 10:36 AM EDT

Ah, finally something I've heard :D I've run across some of their stuff on Spotify before. I love the concept but, well it just depends on what song they do and how they do it you know, it's really hard for me to just get into them when I only like half their stuff, but yeah, it's a cool concept and they pull it off well.

• 1467 posts
    September 15, 2017 10:47 AM EDT

Bah, actually just went through and I'm a big fan of some of the stuff people have dropped. Home Free is great (big fan of Acapella in general) and Viva la Vida is a classic. Alright, let me think. Oh I love Sam Smith's new song, Too Good at Goodbyes, just a really good song 

Another song I've been listening to for awhile is Who Do You Love...apparently it was originally by Marianas Trench but uh, I've only just heard that version and it's nowhere near as good as this Acapella version 

Yeah, I dunno. My musical taste varies a lot, but these are what I'm listening to at the moment.

• September 15, 2017 11:01 AM EDT

Okay, I swear this my post on this thread for today, but I love this cover. I think he did this song better then R.E.M for I think he gives it the song the tone it needed.

• 585 posts
    September 15, 2017 12:43 PM EDT

Gwen, the Last Blade said:

I found this cover today. While I am not big into this type of music, there is something about this one I like.

Thats a great cover bloody hell. I wasn't blown away by Post Malone's original, and that kind of screamy rock isn't my thing either, but it just fits so damn well.

• September 15, 2017 1:51 PM EDT

Zonnonn said:

Gwen, the Last Blade said:

Thats a great cover bloody hell. I wasn't blown away by Post Malone's original, and that kind of screamy rock isn't my thing either, but it just fits so damn well.

After hearing that cover I went and listened to the original and it was okay. I agree with you this is nowhere the type of music I usually listen to, but it so catchy.

• 558 posts
    September 16, 2017 11:00 PM EDT

Here is the greatest live performance ever:

I challenge someone to post a better song.

This post was edited by Gollum at September 16, 2017 11:00 PM EDT
    • 700 posts
    September 22, 2017 12:39 PM EDT

Because I haven't stopped listening and I must share. This holds up today and I love it.