Forums » The Lounge

the music thread

• 700 posts
    August 24, 2017 1:01 AM EDT

Who doesn't love sharing music? Since I can't wait for Shin to make another bangin' music thread, this is now the official music thread. 

Share music here. 

• 1441 posts
    August 24, 2017 1:23 AM EDT

AmaLee's cover of Aimer's Brave Shine 

• 700 posts
    August 24, 2017 11:51 AM EDT

This isn't the most popular choice when one speaks of Trivium, but it is a solid choice

• 457 posts
    August 24, 2017 12:10 PM EDT

For the past two months or so I've been playing a character based off of Clint Eastwood's Man with No Name spaghetti western movies, and have been whistling the Fistful of Dollars theme almost daily... for two months. In honor of the ceaseless, everlasting annoyance this has caused each member of my family, I share with you the Fistful of Dollars theme xD

This post was edited by ShinJin at August 24, 2017 12:11 PM EDT
    • 700 posts
    August 24, 2017 12:18 PM EDT

:D I shall whistle it in your honor. What's the build like? 

• August 24, 2017 12:41 PM EDT

I pressed shuffle on my iPod and this was the first song to come up.

This post was edited by Gwen, the Last Blade at August 24, 2017 12:42 PM EDT
    • 127 posts
    August 24, 2017 1:22 PM EDT

Dang, ShinJin, I just saw the words and started whistling it.  That won't be leaving my head for a week.  Minimum.

That said, this is what I've been listening to lately.

• 457 posts
    August 24, 2017 3:01 PM EDT

Legion said:

What's the build like? 

It's pretty cool--I used it as an opportunity to explore the Illusion tree in Ordinator, and paired it up with Destruction, Alteration, and Enchanting. But much as I like it, it really doesn't capture that gunslinger vibe that I think it should have. It'll have to be re-worked (probably without Illusion).

• 743 posts
    August 24, 2017 3:13 PM EDT

ShinJin said:

For the past two months or so I've been playing a character based off of Clint Eastwood's Man with No Name spaghetti western movies, and have been whistling the Fistful of Dollars theme almost daily... for two months. In honor of the ceaseless, everlasting annoyance this has caused each member of my family, I share with you the Fistful of Dollars theme xD

Good luck beating this.

• 1595 posts
    August 24, 2017 8:21 PM EDT
    ShinJin said:

This was my ring tone for about six months. I was surprised my phone at the time could handle actual music. Morricone, though, can't knock any of his work really.
    • 700 posts
    August 25, 2017 2:38 PM EDT

• 167 posts
    August 25, 2017 8:06 PM EDT

Glad to see this discussion going!

This is one of my favourites and always gave me the feeling that shit is going down :P

This post was edited by Duvain at August 25, 2017 8:09 PM EDT
    • 700 posts
    August 25, 2017 8:31 PM EDT

Duvain said:

Glad to see this discussion going!

This is one of my favourites and always gave me the feeling that shit is going down :P

Pretty much the definition of epic. 

• 224 posts
    August 26, 2017 12:34 PM EDT

Though I can't stand Coldplay, this is my favorite song by them.

• 558 posts
    August 26, 2017 3:42 PM EDT

This is one of my favorite songs at the moment.

• 700 posts
    August 30, 2017 5:05 PM EDT

This whole album is sock rockin GOOD

• 224 posts
    September 1, 2017 3:34 PM EDT

S/o to Hoyt for using this song for his Fun Ghoul build because I have listened to this song and the whole album for the past day or two non-stop, which is weird because MCR is and will always be known as to be as "that" Emo band.

• 700 posts
    September 1, 2017 3:45 PM EDT

I had no idea that was MCR. I'm...fairly impressed actually. 

• 167 posts
    September 1, 2017 6:36 PM EDT

A soundtrack from one of my favorite mmorpgs even though it's simple it has a nostalgic and peaceful (?) feeling about it I think.

This post was edited by Duvain at September 1, 2017 6:38 PM EDT
    • 224 posts
    September 1, 2017 7:22 PM EDT

Legion said:

I had no idea that was MCR. I'm...fairly impressed actually. 

I was too, but that whole album is great.

• 585 posts
    September 2, 2017 7:49 AM EDT

Imma be really weird and niche and go for some country accapella, because I'm normal like that.

Listen to the bass one that guy... shivers. It makes me feel like a blummin tenor!

• 40 posts
    September 2, 2017 7:51 AM EDT

Zonnonn said:

Imma be really weird and niche and go for some country accapella, because I'm normal like that.

Listen to the bass one that guy... shivers. It makes me feel like a blummin tenor!

Ah! Another Home Free fan! I'm not usually a country kinda gal but I like these guys a lot. :)

• 585 posts
    September 2, 2017 8:04 AM EDT

SpottedFawn said:

Ah! Another Home Free fan! I'm not usually a country kinda gal but I like these guys a lot. :)

They're not bad are they? The sounds they can make just with their mouths is truly impressive, inspiring even. And I've said it once but I'll say it again, that bass is insane, it makes me happy that someone could sound so awesome, and sad that I'll never even come close to that!

• 321 posts
    September 2, 2017 11:57 AM EDT

So lately I've been playing a fighting game called Blazblue: Chronophantasma and damn does it have some good soundtracks. Some of my favorites include this track which channels my inner rage. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTid8w47tjA&t=

This post was edited by A-Pocky-Hah! at September 2, 2017 11:58 AM EDT
    • 700 posts
    September 3, 2017 12:46 PM EDT

It's been about 5 years since I heard this album, and it still stands as their best work in my opinion