Forums » Elder Scrolls

Creation Club Groups?

• 2 posts
    June 20, 2017 1:01 AM EDT

I think we should have a group in both the Fallout and Elder Scrolls sections of the website covering the creation club and its best content when it releases. What do you guys think?

• 627 posts
    June 20, 2017 1:42 AM EDT

The creation club is something that is probably going to have one of two outcomes, either it will be alright (not great, but not bad either) or it will be a massive flop just like when Bethesda and Steam attempted it last time. So dedicating two seperate groups to it doesn't seem worth it, especially before we've seen which outcome we end up with.

Considering that they are effectively paid mods (which is not the point we are discussing here, so people please don't start an arguement over whether they are or aren't payed mods), we could always just leave this sort of content to the Modders' Conclave, a group specifically for discussions about Mods, and lately documenting playthroughs with a focus on the mods used.

• 203 posts
    June 20, 2017 4:25 AM EDT

I second Goldie in this. While I'm not totally sure we should call them paid mods (they're more like small, potentially crappy DLC) the way Beth has presented makes me think that any discussion regarding the topic would indeed fit in with the stuff the modder's enclave already does. No need to clutter up the Vault.

• 104 posts
    June 20, 2017 5:14 AM EDT

As Host of the Forums we are going to wait and see, personally I think it will succeed this time but time will tell

• 627 posts
    June 20, 2017 5:34 AM EDT

I also think that it will do better than last time, mainly because it isn't just for the PC which was a stupid mistake since mods (which the first attempt was) have always been free on PC. There's still going to be backlash from the PC players, but hopefully alongside this being an attempt to get more money out of people, it will also work to get around the restrictions placed on mods on console, especially the playstation.

• 1441 posts
    June 25, 2017 4:31 PM EDT

Golden Fool said:

I also think that it will do better than last time, mainly because it isn't just for the PC which was a stupid mistake since mods (which the first attempt was) have always been free on PC. There's still going to be backlash from the PC players, but hopefully alongside this being an attempt to get more money out of people, it will also work to get around the restrictions placed on mods on console, especially the playstation.

Which is what I'm hoping for. Of course, copywrrighted content like Master Chief's armor probably won't be allowed, sadly 

• 30 posts
    June 27, 2017 2:27 AM EDT

A small suggestion from my end.
    I understand that there was a time where mods, outside of usage by PC users of skyrim, was not made availalbe to the peeps using consoles.

That is now changed, with PS and xbox having access to the mods.
    That said, i think it's time for the modders conclave to start establishing known working "Presets" of mods.

By this, i mean a known working collection of mods for various catergories / playstyles.
    For example, a member of the vault or even the general public may want to play a build found on the vault.
    Or they might want to go for something moregeneral (ie: Want to play a battlemage, but not one of the builds found on the vault).

To help enable and enhance this, the tamriel vault's modders conclave can propose a known working group of mods that help bring this experience to fruition.
    It can be something as a general set up of "core" mods needed to achieve the battlemage playstyle and then a few other optional mods to help provide more options to the style of play.

I realize that this is very much in line with the efforts of the community, such as S.T.E.P, but the intent here is not to replicate efforts.
    Instead, the intention here is to complement S.T.E.P, similar to what the Sands of Time (SOT) team aims to achieve with their mods and suggested addons.
    Instead of creating new mods, we can provide recommendations on which of the exsisting mods work well with S.T.E.P set ups or even start one from scratch as a viable alternative to S.T.E.P

Let me know what you guys think ok?

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Warlocksg