Forums » Elder Scrolls

Your current/next Skyrim playthrough?

• 34 posts
    June 18, 2017 12:17 PM EDT

Well, topic title - what build will you be running through Skyrim with next? Or what build are you running through Skyrim with now? It doesn't need to be a build on the Vault, though if it is, that would be nice to know which one. Just sort of a quick descriptor of the build in terms of skills used and playstyle, as well as maybe backstory.

I would rather like to load up an archer of some sort for my next run of the game, but I'll probably shelve it for now. The build that's really nagging me to play it is sort of a heavy armored character with an Absorb Magicka weapon; I just can't get the idea out of my head of this character running through dungeons with Absorb Magicka weapon in one hand and a healing spell in the other, using the weapon to fuel an endless amount of healing spells to take a thousand hits without a care in the world. As to backstory... I can't really think of any backstory that would fit, but I'll find one eventually.

• 700 posts
    June 18, 2017 12:54 PM EDT

I've been on an "everything but Skyrim" kick recently with Far Cry 4, XCOM 2, and Dark Souls 2 coming up next, but, when I do next load up Skyrim, it'll be with my Mage Slayer, the build I've been playing on and off for a few months now. Perked skills are illusion, enchanting, restoration, and one-handed (dual weild). Unperked is conjuration for flaming familiar and a rare flame atronach. No backstory or RP yet, but I found the book, "Words of Clan Mother Ahnissi to her Favored Daughter" while playing and might find some way to make some RP around it. 

• 224 posts
    June 18, 2017 4:11 PM EDT

When I decide to go back to playing Skyrim, I will be playing as one of two characters I am working on/have an idea of. Those being a Necro-Theft and a Cyro-Theft. 

• 585 posts
    June 18, 2017 5:19 PM EDT

Similar to Legion, I'm gonna do an anti-mage warrior-wizard, with some nice made up lore to make sense of it all. The character's not yet flesh out, but its looking pretty fun.

Or The Exorcist by Noodles, because I've been meaning to play that for ages.

• 13 posts
    June 18, 2017 6:13 PM EDT
    So I just ran a build I was planning on making a jack of all trades type, but it morphed as I was playing to be an awesome werewolf. I'm probably gonna fine tune it and post it to the site. Also slowly playing The Nemesis, that's a fun build
    • 51 posts
    June 18, 2017 7:25 PM EDT

Well, now that my playtest for my current build is done, I know exactly what I'm gonna play next. When I get my mod issue all sorted out and can play Skyrim without any problems I'm gonna be running a series of Volkihar builds, starting out with the Firebringer. She harnesses one of the greatest threats to her own vampiric blood and uses it to destroy her foes. Skills will be Destruction, Enchanting, One-Handed, and maybe Conjuration. 

• 457 posts
    June 18, 2017 8:29 PM EDT

I've been playing Faendal for the CB/MC event. It's been pretty fun so far, but when I finish, I think I'll play an Alteration mage/Illusionist/Enchanter.

Ordinator's got some interesting perks that might really pull this spellsword together, and I'm dying to see how it turns out. My big issue is that I don't quite have any RP as a foundation just yet. 

• 39 posts
    June 19, 2017 11:26 PM EDT

I am currently play-testing another brain-child that may or may not make it on this website. It is essentially a stereo-typical nord with some interesting backstory and rp purposes. After this, I will make one last run at the Steel Guardian (this time with an Imperial) to make sure everything works for the main races chosen.