Forums » The Lounge

The Riddles of Humility

• 743 posts
    July 9, 2017 1:06 PM EDT

Zonnonn said:

D3LTAFOX said:

Hey Rogue, you have some kind of Stormcloak fetish?

I would not be surprised if this was Rogue in real life

Paws said:

Sonovahbitch.

At least we aren't spreading Wales propaganda though, eh? Now we're just being used to recruit for the Stormcloaks... Oh my god. Rogue lulled us into a false sense of security, using the most revolting images imaginable (ie anything to do with Wales) to make us desperate for anything else, then making us into poster children of the rebellion. Genius. Despicable, but genius.

How did you get my picture??????

Also, how did you get my journal? Specifically the thirty-fourth chapter on manipulative shock and awe?  

• 585 posts
    July 9, 2017 1:08 PM EDT

RogueSilver said:

How did you get my picture??????

Also, how did you get my journal? Specifically the thirty-fourth chapter on manipulative shock and awe?  

I knew it! And that warpaint is fabulous :P

And 'manipulative shock and awe' would be an awesome name for a metal album or something.

• 1595 posts
    July 9, 2017 6:24 PM EDT

RogueSilver said:

Daedra and Aedra seem to be pretty popular for every riddle I've given. Vivec makes sense, but not what I'm looking for. Isn't the Stormcloak embracement better than a Welsh profile picture?

That's because theyr'e weird :D Love that new avatar btw.

Like Robin Hood I get another shot, right? If so, gonna go with Lorkhan no Alduin.

• 743 posts
    July 9, 2017 7:27 PM EDT

Paws said:

RogueSilver said:

Daedra and Aedra seem to be pretty popular for every riddle I've given. Vivec makes sense, but not what I'm looking for. Isn't the Stormcloak embracement better than a Welsh profile picture?

That's because theyr'e weird :D Love that new avatar btw.

Like Robin Hood I get another shot, right? If so, gonna go with Lorkhan no Alduin.

Right, one answer every day. Let's see what you've got, Phil.

• 224 posts
    July 9, 2017 7:54 PM EDT

I will ahead and take a shot, though it will be wrong. Is it the Civil War in Skyrim?

Also, bring on the Braveheart pic. :)

• 743 posts
    July 9, 2017 7:59 PM EDT

The Nameless King said:

I will ahead and take a shot, though it will be wrong. Is it the Civil War in Skyrim?

The great plan has fallen.

Congrats, Nameless! First one to correctly guess a riddle. Chose whatever profile picture you'd like.

• 224 posts
    July 9, 2017 8:09 PM EDT

RogueSilver said:

The Nameless King said:

Congrats, Nameless! First one to correctly guess a riddle. Chose whatever profile picture you'd like.

Wait, you are serious, my first guess and the one I broke down was right? That is pure luck and for the pic:

Not personal, just revenge for the others. :) Also, I will have my riddle up in a day.

• 743 posts
    July 9, 2017 8:12 PM EDT

The Nameless King said:

RogueSilver said:

The Nameless King said:

Wait, you are serious, my first guess and the one I broke down was right? That is pure luck and for the pic:

Not personal, just revenge for the others. :) Also, I will have my riddle up in a day.

At least I had time to prepare for it. Take note, I'll remember this. 

• 224 posts
    July 9, 2017 8:23 PM EDT

RogueSilver said:

The Nameless King said:

RogueSilver said:

The Nameless King said:

At least I had time to prepare for it. Take note, I'll remember this. 

I will wait friend, I will wait.

• 1595 posts
    July 9, 2017 8:29 PM EDT
    Hahaaah! Nice one Dave! :D
    • 585 posts
    July 10, 2017 4:34 AM EDT
    Good job Nameless! Now Rogue will finally know how it feels to have his identity ripped away from him in cruel and unusual punishment. What was your thinking behind it?

And I'm right excited for the new riddle.
    • 224 posts
    July 10, 2017 7:25 AM EDT

Zonnonn said: Good job Nameless! Now Rogue will finally know how it feels to have his identity ripped away from him in cruel and unusual punishment. What was your thinking behind it? And I'm right excited for the new riddle.

My thinking was that I translated the riddle into simple terms, and began to really look at it. As seen below.

"Dead with the action of pausing before doing so, the answer to the state of confusion is that it includes more states of confusion. And with the answer will come to a great conflict to a home that is no longer home."

This could be the Civil War in Skyrim because "Departed with hesitation" could be that the Legion and Stormcloaks are at a stand still and are hesitating to really attack, "the solution to the turmoil that includes even more turmoil" could be that the because Stormcloak rebellion it has put the Empire in more of a state of confusion than before, "And with the solution will come great strife to a home that is no longer home" this sounds familiar to what Ulfric says in his great speech about why he fights this war I quote"I fight for we few who did come home, only to find a country full of strangers wearing familiar faces!", but I honestly doubt it is

• 224 posts
    July 10, 2017 7:31 AM EDT

Here is your new riddle.

"We are the Three divines. One is young and has no respect, the other is older and respected, and the final one is the oldest and the most respected. One cries when a child dies, another one is careless and carefree, and the last one is wise beyond her age. We represent the stages of Life. Who are we?"

This post was edited by David at July 10, 2017 7:35 AM EDT
    • 585 posts
    July 10, 2017 7:32 AM EDT
    Ah that makes sense, I think most of us think waaaay to much into it, going on about metaphors and representation when it's actually pretty literal.
    • 284 posts
    July 10, 2017 7:39 AM EDT

The Tribunal.

*prepares for more Stormcloak propaganda*

• 224 posts
    July 10, 2017 7:52 AM EDT

D3LTAFOX said:

The Tribunal.

*prepares for more Stormcloak propaganda*

Close, but no cigar and why the Tribunal. Here is your pic:

This post was edited by David at July 10, 2017 7:53 AM EDT
    • 585 posts
    July 10, 2017 11:08 AM EDT

D3LTAFOX said:

The Tribunal.

I was thinking about that, the whole group of 3 thing has got me wracking my mind for trios in ES.

But alas I'm stumped, this one's a thinker Nameless.

• 224 posts
    July 10, 2017 11:25 AM EDT

Zonnonn said:

D3LTAFOX said:

The Tribunal.

I was thinking about that, the whole group of 3 thing has got me wracking my mind for trios in ES.

But alas I'm stumped, this one's a thinker Nameless.

The tribunal was a good guess, I will give him that.

Well, you have three days to try and guess. So take all the time you need.

• 1595 posts
    July 10, 2017 11:57 AM EDT

The Nameless King said:

Here is your new riddle.

"We are the Three divines. One is young and has no respect, the other is older and respected, and the final one is the oldest and the most respected. One cries when a child dies, another one is careless and carefree, and the last one is wise beyond her age. We represent the stages of Life. Who are we?"

It sounds like you are a triple goddess, Dibella, Mara, and Kynareth?

• 224 posts
    July 10, 2017 12:06 PM EDT

Paws said:

The Nameless King said:

Here is your new riddle.

It sounds like you are a triple goddess, Dibella, Mara, and Kynareth?

I hate you Paws, so much right now, but you are correct. Dibella is the Maiden, Mara is the Mother, and Kynareth, though Kyne was the one I was looking for, is the Crone. You may now pick my pic and please have mercy on me.

This post was edited by David at July 10, 2017 12:08 PM EDT
    • 1595 posts
    July 10, 2017 12:18 PM EDT

Nameless King said:

I hate you Paws, so much right now, but you are correct. Dibella is the Maiden, Mara is the Mother, and Kynareth, though Kyne was the one I was looking for, is the Crone. You may now pick my pic and please have mercy on me.

Does that mean that I can also change my avatar, shrug off the last remnants of Rogue's riddles?

Ok so here's your picture, he who must not be named. Tom Riddle:

I'll think one up, but if Zon, Delta or Tenebrous have one already prepped they are welcome to have my spot.

• 224 posts
    July 10, 2017 12:22 PM EDT

Paws said:

Nameless King said:

Does that mean that I can also change my avatar, shrug off the last remnants of Rogue's riddles?

Ok so here's your picture, he who must not be named. Tom Riddle:

I'll think one up, but if Zon, Delta or Tenebrous have one already prepped they are welcome to have my spot.

Yes, you can go back to the Khajiit pic you had if you want.

I would allow that, but it is up to Rogue since he created this and the rules.

• 585 posts
    July 10, 2017 1:51 PM EDT

Goddamit Phil! I didn't even get a go, although to be fair I would never have guessed that. I'm now dreading what you're cooking up, probably some obscure reference to one chapter in one book no ones ever heard of apart from our resident lore buffs. Or an innuendo, that also seems pretty likely.

• 224 posts
    July 10, 2017 2:09 PM EDT

I am amazed that he actually got the connection really. Now is the time to go read obscure Lore, Shor, Son of Shor, or anything MK has written.

Also, what would you have guessed? I am curious.

• 1595 posts
    July 10, 2017 2:14 PM EDT
    Haha, ok no innuendo. And not too obscure:

"When I prayed the sky answered, when I called for aid the North listened. When I dreamed the aurbis heard. My device shines in the night sky, Julianos is my eye, I am the first gem so who am I?"