July 5, 2017 6:56 PM EDT

D3LTAFOX said:

Is it Ulfric Stormcloak?

Isn't this your third guess today?

• 278 posts
    July 5, 2017 7:01 PM EDT

RogueSilver said:

Wulf said:

HeroPlatinum, does it have anything to do with the Stormcloaks? 

Tailored to a Divine meaning Talos became a divine. (GET STUFFED, THALMOR) 

The first CLOAK was Talos - he inspired them - and he techincally isn't a stormCLOAK. 

*please be right*

GuiltyOrc, so close yet so far. Or perhaps nowhere near the right answer at all. 

Here you go:

Image result for orc oblivion

COME ON! That's not even fair! It's Ulfric Stormcloak, isn't it. :(

• 743 posts
    July 5, 2017 7:05 PM EDT

Wulf said:

RogueSilver said:

Wulf said:

HeroPlatinum, does it have anything to do with the Stormcloaks? 

Tailored to a Divine meaning Talos became a divine. (GET STUFFED, THALMOR) 

The first CLOAK was Talos - he inspired them - and he techincally isn't a stormCLOAK. 

*please be right*

GuiltyOrc, so close yet so far. Or perhaps nowhere near the right answer at all. 

Here you go:

Image result for orc oblivion

COME ON! That's not even fair! It's Ulfric Stormcloak, isn't it. :(

Since everyone else got a second chance, it would be unfair for you not to get a second one. Is Ulfric your final answer?

• 284 posts
    July 5, 2017 7:30 PM EDT

I HAVE TO KNOW!!! TELL US THE ANSWER!!!

• 224 posts
    July 5, 2017 7:49 PM EDT

D3LTAFOX said:

You have to wait three days to find out

I feel like it is something obvious and yet we are overlooking it, and one of us was close.

• 743 posts
    July 5, 2017 8:20 PM EDT

The Nameless King said:

D3LTAFOX said:

I feel like it is something obvious and yet we are overlooking it, and one of us was close.

You're onto something.

• 224 posts
    July 5, 2017 8:35 PM EDT

RogueSilver said:

The Nameless King said:

D3LTAFOX said:

You're onto something.

Which part the something obvious and overlooking it or one of use was close?

• 1595 posts
    July 6, 2017 1:31 PM EDT

Ok, so we're all overthinking this. We know the riddle, "The first Cloak that isn't the first Cloak, A Cloak that was tailored to a divine."

So dumbing it right down, who simply wears a cloak, shawl or something who isn't Talos, Ulfric or Nocturnal? Divine can be ambiguous here I reckon.

Perhaps something more down to earth. If we're to beat the mind of the Silver Rogue, it seems we need to teamwork it and combine our thoughts. The cunning and mental gymnastics of the south combined with whatever the north can bring in that department (:p) along with Davey's logic and Foxie's gift... The Rogue will fall! :D

• 261 posts
    July 6, 2017 1:45 PM EDT

I think I have it! Seeing as how I haven't made any guesses today...

What if the riddle does refer to Stormcloak... The faction, rather than the man? Like, a huge factor for their rebellion was the outlawing of Talos worship, which kind of makes them 'tailored to a Divine'. Hedging my bets on this!

*silently prays to the Nine Divines for victory*

P.S: All you Englishmen with your tea are missing out on the true beverage of the Gods: Puerto Rican coffee. Not the USA coffee (which is crap), but real Boricua coffee. Actually, there are lots of really great coffees (Jamaican, Cuban, etc.) but my island has some of the best! Alright, I'm done. :)

• 1595 posts
    July 6, 2017 2:01 PM EDT

Tenebrous said:

I think I have it! Seeing as how I haven't made any guesses today...

What if the riddle does refer to Stormcloak... The faction, rather than the man? Like, a huge factor for their rebellion was the outlawing of Talos worship, which kind of makes them 'tailored to a Divine'. Hedging my bets on this!

*silently prays to the Nine Divines for victory*

P.S: All you Englishmen with your tea are missing out on the true beverage of the Gods: Puerto Rican coffee. Not the USA coffee (which is crap), but real Boricua coffee. Actually, there are lots of really great coffees (Jamaican, Cuban, etc.) but my island has some of the best! Alright, I'm done. :)

Great thoughts :D I hope that you will be the scribe of the next riddle-scroll!

Puerto Rican coffee... could do with some of that right now. And a fat Cuban cigar. Which I won't be able to smoke in its entirety :p

• 224 posts
    July 6, 2017 2:08 PM EDT

If it was the Stormcloak rebellion/faction this whole time, I swear I am going to bring back the Mythic Dawn.

• 261 posts
    July 6, 2017 2:11 PM EDT

I actually whipped up an image, just in case I'm right...

• 224 posts
    July 6, 2017 7:20 PM EDT

Tenebrous said:

I actually whipped up an image, just in case I'm right...

Nah it should be this one click here to see

• 743 posts
    July 6, 2017 7:42 PM EDT

Paws said:

Ok, so we're all overthinking this. We know the riddle, "The first Cloak that isn't the first Cloak, A Cloak that was tailored to a divine."

So dumbing it right down, who simply wears a cloak, shawl or something who isn't Talos, Ulfric or Nocturnal? Divine can be ambiguous here I reckon.

Perhaps something more down to earth. If we're to beat the mind of the Silver Rogue, it seems we need to teamwork it and combine our thoughts. The cunning and mental gymnastics of the south combined with whatever the north can bring in that department (:p) along with Davey's logic and Foxie's gift... The Rogue will fall! :D

But how will a rogue fall when we were born to adapt? :p

Pay attention to those mentioned. Ulfric was never used as an actual answer (besides with Delta, who so unfortunately had already used his two guesses beforehand). Let me break it down for everyone.

"The first Cloak that isn't the first Cloak, a Cloak that was tailored to a divine

The first cloak, as in the first Stormcloak to openly rebel against the empire in the name of Talos. Obviously not the first Stormcloak of his family. "A Cloak that was tailored to a divine" is referring to Ulfric starting the rebellion for the right to worship Talos without fear of persecution. See? I'm a simple man ;)

Here's the next riddle:

"Departed with hesitation, the solution to the turmoil that includes even more turmoil. And with the solution will come great strife to a home that is no longer home."

This post was edited by Rogue at July 6, 2017 7:43 PM EDT
    • 743 posts
    July 6, 2017 7:47 PM EDT

And the stealthy yet hilarious part of this is the fact that Tenebrous had the answer as his profile picture :p

• 224 posts
    July 6, 2017 7:59 PM EDT

So the answer was the first Stormcloak or Ulfric Stromcloak? Also, what are the rules on guessing since you never defined them?

*Puts on Mythic Dawn robes and begins to read from the Mysterium Xarxes*

I don't know if this would be considered cheating, but the riddle in simple terms reads as follows:

"Dead with the action of pausing before doing so, the answer to the state of confusion is that it includes more states of confusion. And with the answer will come to a great conflict to a home that is no longer home."

This post was edited by David at July 6, 2017 8:31 PM EDT
    • 743 posts
    July 6, 2017 8:35 PM EDT

The Nameless King said:

So the answer was the first Stormcloak or Ulfric Stromcloak? Also, what are the rules on guessing since you never defined them?

I don't know if this would be considered cheating, but the riddle in simple terms reads as follows:

"Dead with the action of pausing before doing so, the answer to the state of confusion is that it includes more states of confusion. And with the answer will come to a great conflict to a home that is no longer home."

Ulfric Stormcloak was the answer. Go back to the initial rules on the first page and you'll see that I very clearly did define them :p

• 224 posts
    July 6, 2017 9:00 PM EDT

RogueSilver said:

The Nameless King said:

Ulfric Stormcloak was the answer. Go back to the initial rules on the first page and you'll see that I very clearly did define them :p

Then Delta got it right then because the rules say "I will post a riddle, and if you get it correct, I will change my profile picture to whatever you would like until the next riddle is solved, as long as it does not violate any of the site rules. However, if you get it wrong, then I will select a profile picture for you to have for a week." it doesn't say you only get one shot at it or anything of the sort, so Delta got it right.

• 1595 posts
    July 7, 2017 12:53 AM EDT

RogueSilver said:

Paws said:

Pay attention to those mentioned. Ulfric was never used as an actual answer (besides with Delta, who so unfortunately had already used his two guesses beforehand). Let me break it down for everyone.

"The first Cloak that isn't the first Cloak, a Cloak that was tailored to a divine

The first cloak, as in the first Stormcloak to openly rebel against the empire in the name of Talos. Obviously not the first Stormcloak of his family. "A Cloak that was tailored to a divine" is referring to Ulfric starting the rebellion for the right to worship Talos without fear of persecution. See? I'm a simple man ;)

Here's the next riddle:

"Departed with hesitation, the solution to the turmoil that includes even more turmoil. And with the solution will come great strife to a home that is no longer home."

Tusk! Ulfric goddam StormbastardCloak :D Sigh.

Ok, I will stew in your thought juice for a bit as I think thoughts of thoughtness about the next ridddle. Was your Mythic Dawn thing a clue?

• 1595 posts
    July 7, 2017 12:55 AM EDT

Oh I see we have a question of rules. I will avoid this topic until that gets resolved :p

• 585 posts
    July 7, 2017 3:51 AM EDT

RogueSilver said:

Here's the next riddle:

Goddamit. We were so close.

*Sighs

Well this has gotta be Talos. Sacrificing himself (which he did right? I can't remember), ending a conflict but starting the Civil War and kinda the Great War later, which is putting Skyrim under duress.

• 1595 posts
    July 7, 2017 7:26 PM EDT

Zonnonn said:

RogueSilver said:

Here's the next riddle:

*Sighs

Well this has gotta be Talos. Sacrificing himself (which he did right? I can't remember), ending a conflict but starting the Civil War and kinda the Great War later, which is putting Skyrim under duress.

I hope it isn't a Talos connection. Rogue will have us all cloaked in blue and idolising bear imagery before we get a turn. That said, I'd welcome a bear over this bloody dragon :D

On the rules matter, there does seem to be some confusion. I don't want to have a crack at the ridle until it's resolved. Is there room to skirt it altogether and have two riddles running? A riddle stream, yellow and steaming on the snow?

• 743 posts
    July 7, 2017 8:08 PM EDT

The Nameless King said:

RogueSilver said:

The Nameless King said:

Then Delta got it right then because the rules say "I will post a riddle, and if you get it correct, I will change my profile picture to whatever you would like until the next riddle is solved, as long as it does not violate any of the site rules. However, if you get it wrong, then I will select a profile picture for you to have for a week." it doesn't say you only get one shot at it or anything of the sort, so Delta got it right.

I also said on the same very page as a separate comment on how the answers are limited to one a day. I gave everyone a second chance the day Delta responded and Ulfric was his third answer, which was one too many. Therefore, Delta's answer wasn't counted. I know how my rules work. 

• 743 posts
    July 7, 2017 8:09 PM EDT

Paws said:

Zonnonn said:

RogueSilver said:

Here's the next riddle:

*Sighs

I hope it isn't a Talos connection. Rogue will have us all cloaked in blue and idolising bear imagery before we get a turn. That said, I'd welcome a bear over this bloody dragon :D

On the rules matter, there does seem to be some confusion. I don't want to have a crack at the ridle until it's resolved. Is there room to skirt it altogether and have two riddles running? A riddle stream, yellow and steaming on the snow?

Don't worry Phil, we're back on track. Shower us with an educated guess!

This post was edited by Rogue at July 7, 2017 8:09 PM EDT
    • 743 posts
    July 7, 2017 8:11 PM EDT

Zonnonn said:

RogueSilver said:

Here's the next riddle:

*Sighs

Remember, I'm a simple man. Nothing fancy as far as answers go. Good guess, though!

Here you go, buddy

Image result for stormcloaks

This post was edited by Rogue at July 7, 2017 8:11 PM EDT