Forums » The Lounge

Question about Nelaf's Official Armor Combo Catalogue (NOACC)

• 10 posts
    May 5, 2017 3:29 PM EDT

Is the NOACC going to be fixed/rebuilt/ever get the images back?

If not, does anyone know of a similiar resource?

This post was edited by Solias at May 5, 2017 3:31 PM EDT
    • 1595 posts
    May 5, 2017 8:24 PM EDT

I reemeber that! I know there is a new Fallout version, but not sure what the status is with the NOACC. Hell, if it were down to me I'd say start it up again :D I am sure there are Hosts better informed than I, though. Was it housed in CB or RP?

This post was edited by Paws at May 5, 2017 8:24 PM EDT
    • 1467 posts
    May 6, 2017 12:36 AM EDT

NOACC was housed in the Art Group and hasn't been redone. There's nothing similar for Skyrim at the moment (but both Morrowind and Fallout have had threads dedicated to the same idea) and I've just checked a few things. The first part has no pictures but is at least complete (with all the combos), part 2 has been more or less completely destroyed with no images and worst of all nothing to indicate the armour combos involved.

It'd be interesting to see if someone would re-do it all, at this point we lost at least half (though I swear there were multiple parts to it). As far as I know Nelaf is the only one who might have a copy of all the images (and that's not definite), but it'd be kind of cool if one of our members with the super fancy graphics mods and ENB's, or just a Ultra High running Skyrim Special Edition could re-do the whole idea

• 1595 posts
    May 6, 2017 2:07 AM EDT

Good dilligence work there DB. Quite the idea too, a modded and HD remake of the NOACC would be good to see, also may pay to drop Neloth a line and see if he wants to remake or restart the project :)

• 585 posts
    May 6, 2017 10:02 AM EDT

Dragonborn1721 said:

As far as I know Nelaf is the only one who might have a copy of all the images (and that's not definite)

I believe Ponty also helped out with the NOACC, as least back in the early days, so he might have some knocking about.

• 10 posts
    May 6, 2017 10:26 AM EDT

Phil said:

Good dilligence work there DB. Quite the idea too, a modded and HD remake of the NOACC would be good to see, also may pay to drop Neloth a line and see if he wants to remake or restart the project :)

Hmmm... That would be a chore, but it would be awesome. Say someone would/could recreate some/all of the images, how would they go about replacing them?  Send a zip file to a mod to relink?  Recreate the NOACC in a new thread?

• 1595 posts
    May 6, 2017 1:09 PM EDT

Solias said:

Phil said:

Hmmm... That would be a chore, but it would be awesome. Say someone would/could recreate some/all of the images, how would they go about replacing them?  Send a zip file to a mod to relink?  Recreate the NOACC in a new thread?

I think out of respect and courtesy we should try to contact Nelaf, see if he has the images. If he has, any host or admin can then fix. However, fixing something extant is way less fun than starting again. That thread was a beast, and likely all possible combinations had been exhausted. Not much room left for creativity and spontaneity :) So provided we reach out to Nelaf, see if we can hear his thoughts, I think it would be awesome to see either the thread restored or for those interested to start it again!

So we need to identify a point-person, a project lead. That person can then do the outreach and feedback to us what is decided. As it was housed in the Art Group, we also need to get the Golden Fool's thoughts on it too, if he has any.

• 248 posts
    May 7, 2017 12:53 PM EDT

I do think re-starting the project could be fun...to my knowledge, the original images have not been preserved - but as noted, Ponty would probably be the one to ask. 

But Crowd-sourcing a new armor/outfit-combo thread could be a good timet too.