Forums » Elder Scrolls

Best Mod Combinatin?

• 284 posts
    April 9, 2017 5:12 PM EDT

Mods are 65% of the reason I play Elder Scrolls games. I always liked how they can make Skyrim, Cyrodiil and Morrowind the greatest places on Earth, erhm - Nirn. Some mods go great with others while others fit like they were made for each other.

I wanted to ask you, which mod combination is your favorite?

Here's mine. I like a lot of quest mods and overhauls, but my best is follower mods. Vilja in Skyrim, INIGO and Arissa the Wandering Rogue. And they go great with a quest mod called Rigmor of Bruma.

• 224 posts
    April 9, 2017 7:53 PM EDT

I can't really say what is my favorite mod combonation, because I tend to change them around every week almost, but my favorites tend to be weapon and armor mods like Royal Armory, Thane Weapons, etc.

• 457 posts
    April 10, 2017 1:30 AM EDT

Been using Ordinator and SkyUI for my last couple builds and playthroughs. Been enjoying the game immensely :D

• 284 posts
    April 10, 2017 1:42 AM EDT

ShinJin said:

Been using Ordinator and SkyUI for my last couple builds and playthroughs. Been enjoying the game immensely :D

I agree. I can't even play Skyrim anymore without Ordinator and SkyUI.

• 8 posts
    April 11, 2017 8:31 PM EDT

Since I decided to give Requiem a try, I can't go back to vanilly anymore. Just love how the world feels, the reward in beating enemies you couldn't even hurt levels before and the combat system, although late game becomes so easy.

• 8 posts
    April 11, 2017 8:36 PM EDT

ShinJin said:

Never tried Ordinator before, but I have played a couple of times using most of Ordinator's author mods (Wildcat, aurora, imperious races of skyrim and thunderchild) and I loved the experience. Definitely will play again using them with the perk overhaul. Must be a quite incredible combination.

• 248 posts
    April 15, 2017 11:51 AM EDT

Our mod list on PS$ is a little limited...but I've enjoyed combining a few select immersive atmosphere mods. Project Hippie (more trees and alchemic plants everywhere), Laterns of Skyrim (lit lanterns on paths), Supreme Storms / Supreme & Volumetric Fog have helped make the game feel more alive.

• 30 posts
    April 21, 2017 3:12 AM EDT

Just to pitch in, there are some mods which demands absolute necessity.
    They change much game mechanics and ensure skyrim remains alive and interesting.

For a rough collection and start guide in this area, i suggest you google "Sands of Time" Skyrim.
    There is a good number of gameplay and difficulty mods.
    Beautification mods, there are hundreds of them. Pick and choose wisely though, your machines needs enough VRAM to handle em textures.

A solid place to start is with S.T.E.P skyrim (Seriously, google it. It's a damm useful place to start), which offers a balance between beauty and function.

You're welcome :)