Forums » The Lounge

The Zombie Apocalypse

• 585 posts
    March 20, 2017 12:37 PM EDT

Come on people, we've all thought about it at some point: "What would we do when the walking dead (or diseased folk, but I'm not going down that rabbit hole just yet) turn up to eat our flesh?" Weapons, hideouts, your perfect team, they all need to be talked about!

ZAMBIES, RUN!

• 6 posts
    March 20, 2017 12:45 PM EDT

I join the zombies. Necromage Zombie is OP.

• 743 posts
    March 20, 2017 12:47 PM EDT

Weapons: 22. rifle to deal with the vast sums of walkers, as they're decently silent and provide a nice accuracy. For dealing with bandits I'd have to go with an AR-15, the light rounds and versatility of it is simply too useful to pass up. Machete for the complete silence and for most cases in controlling the walkers. 

Hideout: Somewhere out in the woods, survival off the land is much easier than trying to stay alive in a city with cutthroats and general anarchists running about. Living off a river is my most preferred choice. Fishing would account for most of the survival diet along with the occasional deer or two!

Good discussion, Zonn, I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone else has in mind!

• 140 posts
    March 20, 2017 1:24 PM EDT

Weapon-wise, I'd think something without an "ammo-limit" would work best, such as a sword. It would need to fairy light, so as to not hinder me if I ever need to run away, though it should also have a long(-ish) blade, to help keep some distance between me and them. Luckily, I have just that, a good 4 metres from me right now, in fact!

Of course, I'd also use whatever ranged weaponry I can find (Crossbows, guns, etc), particularly anything I can find in the line of a flintlock musket (My absolute dream weapon!).

Why? finding ammunition shouldn't be a terrible problem (Just about any old round ball will do), and, when fixed with a bayonnet, I've got myself a decent spear. The only issue would probably be the black powder, but I'm sure there's some abandoned pharmacy around that would have sulfur, saltpeter, charcoal, and maybe even a bottle or two of isopropyl alcohol, all right for the looting.

As for food, I'll just commandeer the nearest farm (Which is about a 10 minutes walk from my house), wall it in with whatever I can find (shouldn't be too hard to build a zombie-proof wall, right? I mean, it's not like they climb) then simply settle down to a life of growing corn and milking cows (Assuming the cows aren't all Zombie food, that is.). Should that be unavadible, I'm sure I can find some two-storey building to reside in, then just making the occasional trip into town for supplies.

Actually, screw all that! Any old school with a fence (This one would do nicely) would work just fine. I can use the football and rugby fields for farming, the cricket field for grazing (Assuming I can get my hands on a cow or two), and use the swimming pool to collect rain water (I never did like sports). I've got some second-floor classrooms to sleep in, grandstands will provide a nice spot to fall back to, and there's ample room for any passers-by that wish to stay a while.

Plus, if can get Selborne College (The one in the image above), I'll be about 15-30 minutes (walking) away from two shopping malls, several pharmacies (Ripe with gunpowder material!), and many other places that may prove useful. Pet stores, too! I can get some guard dogs to help warn me when the undead masses come knocking.

Done!

• 140 posts
    March 20, 2017 1:24 PM EDT

Weapon-wise, I'd think something without an "ammo-limit" would work best, such as a sword. It would need to fairy light, so as to not hinder me if I ever need to run away, though it should also have a long(-ish) blade, to help keep some distance between me and them. Luckily, I have just that, a good 4 metres from me right now, in fact!

Of course, I'd also use whatever ranged weaponry I can find (Crossbows, guns, etc), particularly anything I can find in the line of a flintlock musket (My absolute dream weapon!).

Why? finding ammunition shouldn't be a terrible problem (Just about any old round ball will do), and, when fixed with a bayonnet, I've got myself a decent spear. The only issue would probably be the black powder, but I'm sure there's some abandoned pharmacy around that would have sulfur, saltpeter, charcoal, and maybe even a bottle or two of isopropyl alcohol, all right for the looting.

As for food, I'll just commandeer the nearest farm (Which is about a 10 minutes walk from my house), wall it in with whatever I can find (shouldn't be too hard to build a zombie-proof wall, right? I mean, it's not like they climb) then simply settle down to a life of growing corn and milking cows (Assuming the cows aren't all Zombie food, that is.). Should that be unavadible, I'm sure I can find some two-storey building to reside in, then just making the occasional trip into town for supplies.

Actually, screw all that! Any old school with a fence (This one would do nicely) would work just fine. I can use the football and rugby fields for farming, the cricket field for grazing (Assuming I can get my hands on a cow or two), and use the swimming pool to collect rain water (I never did like sports). I've got some second-floor classrooms to sleep in, grandstands will provide a nice spot to fall back to, and there's ample room for any passers-by that wish to stay a while.

Plus, if can get Selborne College (The one in the image above), I'll be about 15-30 minutes (walking) away from two shopping malls, several pharmacies (Ripe with gunpowder material!), and many other places that may prove useful. Pet stores, too! I can get some guard dogs to help warn me when the undead masses come knocking.

Done!

• 411 posts
    April 1, 2017 2:07 AM EDT

I would grab my food, knives, and dogs, build a fort in the woods, and wait for the military to deal with the zombies because zombies are dumb rotting dead things.