Forums » The Lounge

Have you ever experienced Skyrim landscapes in real life?

• 87 posts
    January 29, 2017 2:32 PM EST
    Skyrim boasts beautiful landscapes with great forests, rivers and streams, not to mention the mountains. Have any of you ever experienced or seen these landscapes before in real life? As a Canadian, I've had my fair share of mountains and rivers and forests, having been to the Rockies and other such places. How about you guys? Do you live in or near beautiful areas that resemble Skyrim landscapes?

The Canadian Rockies

This post was edited by Decumus Scotti at January 29, 2017 2:33 PM EST
    • 277 posts
    January 29, 2017 3:16 PM EST
    Damn... that photo...
    • 55 posts
    January 29, 2017 6:01 PM EST

Alta, Norway

• 87 posts
    January 29, 2017 6:22 PM EST
    Nice!
    This post was edited by Decumus Scotti at January 29, 2017 6:23 PM EST
    • 641 posts
    January 31, 2017 2:41 PM EST

I come from Scotland which is the closest you are ever going to get to The Reach in real life.

This post was edited by ShinJin at February 1, 2017 11:17 AM EST
    • 295 posts
    January 31, 2017 3:05 PM EST

Southern Washington State and Northern Oregon is basically Riverwood and Falkreath. 

• 87 posts
    January 31, 2017 5:23 PM EST
    Veloth the Ashkaari said:

I come from Scotland which is the closest you are ever going to get to The Reach in real life.

Yes Scotland definitely has the look and feel of the Reach. Very rugged and unforgiving land.

This post was edited by Decumus Scotti at January 31, 2017 5:24 PM EST
    • 133 posts
    January 31, 2017 7:33 PM EST

I'll try to find a picture but damn does Norway look as Skyrim-y as possible. Went there on vacation and couldn't help but freak out over the similarities. Even some of the little hamlets too...

• 457 posts
    January 31, 2017 8:14 PM EST

I'm an hour and a half from Yosemite National Park--that always gets me thinking of Skyrim.

In fact, four or so years ago I uploaded a family video for a trip we took to Yosemite Valley when my wife's family came down for a visit... the scenery was so reminiscent of Skyrim that I actually used the Skyrim main theme song for the soundtrack xD...

Here's the proof:

*Edit*

Because no one should be subjected to my family for 4 straight minutes, you can find scenery and flora at the following time markers:

Bridal Veil Falls--1:40

Deer--3:00

Yosemite Falls--3:30

Your welcome! ;D

This post was edited by ShinJin at January 31, 2017 8:25 PM EST
    • 122 posts
    January 31, 2017 11:15 PM EST

I live on a farm in the middle of the Tennesse Valley. It's not quite the massive, unspoiled wilderness that your pictures (and video) show, as the only areas which aren't the riding arena or fenced-off pasture-land are too steep and wooded to easily wander through, but there are a few little bits that remind me of some of the creek and river-side areas in the game. We also have horses, and deer run around so much in autumn that they can become a serious road hazard. The most Skyrim-esque bit is the steep path up to a large meadow on top of a hill, where you can look out and see nothing but treeline. If Skyrim were a bigger map, that would feel like what a Spriggan's Gove would look like. Very pastoral and isolated, with a giant tree that would be amazing for reading under if it weren't a breeding ground for ticks.

• 457 posts
    February 1, 2017 11:19 AM EST

I hiked Ben Loman 25 years ago. Absolutely fantastic view... of clouds and mist xD

But I hear you when you say The Reach--I'd love to go back someday.

Lissette Long-Chapper said:

Southern Washington State and Northern Oregon is basically Riverwood and Falkreath. 

I lived in Tillamook Oregon for a while... it was SO Riverwood and Falkreath :D

This post was edited by ShinJin at February 1, 2017 11:21 AM EST
    • 104 posts
    February 2, 2017 4:52 AM EST

Yes me also I still live there and have done for most of my life, I live near the borders now but used to live up north close to Fort William as close to the reach as I have seen

• 215 posts
    February 2, 2017 8:38 AM EST

I live in Texas now...so more like Fallout.  LOL.  But growing up in other parts of the country, several beautiful locales. 

Crater Lake

Snake River Canyon (and valley) in Idaho

Just to list a couple.  Note, not my pictures, I'd have to dig them up.  Just places that I have very vivid memories of from my youth.