Forums » General Gaming

Dragonborn's Classes Project

• 1467 posts
    February 17, 2017 3:25 AM EST

Wanted to drop in with a quick update in regards to the project.

I've been steadily working on a number of things lately with one of the largest being the Races. I've narrowed down my list to making 6 Races for now, which are all kind of a mish-mash of various ideas that just kind of ended up working together. I haven't designed all of them yet, but at least have that number narrowed down. 

One of the defining things I want to work with is the idea that isn't anything that you'd say, oh hey that's just a Human but with a fancy name. Everything is humanoid but also very obviously not human at all. This is kind of to hopefully erase some of that, Oh wow... 6 races and one of them is boring as shit" sort of feeling that you might sometimes get (*cough* Bretons *cough*) with fantasy games, and also just  because I like creating weirder groups of people than Human, Elf, Dwarf, Orc and throw in a Gnome or Halfling here and there. 

The Sao-Rith (Sow - Ree) are an Imperial (the actual form of government, not like the TES Race) society of near-human people that are naturally talented magicians. One of the most defining features is that I've basically designed them as a weird kind of...meatless human if that makes any sense. Think of a person without much muscle or flesh, and basically just bones wrapped in skin. These guys, believe it or not are the most populous race and are kind of the Humans of this realm.

The Ceitinn (Kay - Tin) are earth based creatures that mostly live in caves or underground and are basically the closest thing the game has to natural tanks (higher Endurance, lower speed and dexterity) but they're actually more focused on Charisma as a peaceful race of people that manage to get along with most people, or at least con them in to not attacking.

The Diameir are the ones I'm currently working on, and are a race that has been cursed by the Gods (they are not...whatever I end up calling Demonic) for reasons I haven't fully worked out. My first plan basically made them sane Darkspawn so I ditched that (even if I love the Darkspawn). Anyway for now these guys are just a half-finished concept that I haven't finished.

Honestly I haven't worked out the other three, or even started on them but I am hoping to have finished before the end of the month (easily). The Races are fairly easy once I figured out a naming system which was the bit which was trickiest.

Super Important Stuff

And here's the big part of what I wanted to talk about. Basically I've decided that I'm not going to post all of my stuff on the site anymore. I will still be posting general stuff (like the Race breakdown) and talking about stuff that's been working well or bothering me, but I never actually thought that I would get this far into it, nor did I plan to turn this into a potential Tabletop Game. 

Anyway, my biggest worry is that this isn't the sort of thing that works great in the Forums, I was originally going to post those pages for all of the classes and races in the Forums but I'd feel kind of guilty about filling it up. At the moment I'm planning to create a Subreddit where I can post this stuff much easier and kind of customize it all a lot more.

The other thing I was hoping to do, is set up a... let's call it a semi-official (ish) website for what I have so far. If I do end up turning this into a legitimate thing (rather than just some rambling) I'd like to have an official place to kind of call home. 

Anyway, I hope the three people who've liked what I've posted so far understand the idea behind what I'm doing and maybe I'll see you guys if I ever end up creating a more substantial location for all of this to go. Just need a name for the Subreddit really, at the moment I've drawn a complete blank there.