Forums » General Gaming

Most anticipated game of 2017

• 743 posts
    January 4, 2017 12:59 PM EST

Zonnonn said:

Turns out I don't know anything about games, I didn't know ha;f of these were coming out, or even what they are.

The Last of Us was amazing on the PS3 (I assume, I watched a playthrough but I'm on the Xbox so I never played it), so a continuation of that would be awesome, eventhough I wouldn't be able to play it it would still be fun to watch.

Red Dead Redemption 2 I have no doubt will be incredible, it's predecessor is one of the best open world games ever, in my very uninformed opinion. Haven't watched any trailers or anything yet though, might have to look into that.

But I doubt I'll be touching any of these games until at the earliest the later part of 2017, probably 2018. There are loads of games that I'm waiting to get in sales, and I'm thinking about going back to some classic 360 games that I've missed, because I feel like I should play them and they're now ridiculously cheap (5 AAA games for a tenner, yes please).

You're not the only one, Zonn. I literally didn't recognize half of the games listed here so far. I'm way too prejudiced to video games :p

• 1467 posts
    January 4, 2017 7:01 PM EST

Damn how could I forget. Except for the Last of Us 2, the game I'm most pumped for is easily Legend of Zelda - Breath of the Wild. It honestly seems like it's doing something Nintendo rarely does, and changes the game completely and the enviromental gameplay, stealth options (which I assume will be mediocre) and just the general feel and scope of the game makes me so damn excited for it. Makes my Wii U finally useful for something other than Smash Bros. 

• 1441 posts
    January 5, 2017 3:58 AM EST

Among others, Persona 5

• 773 posts
    January 5, 2017 8:55 AM EST

I did actually mean to put Mount and Blade:Bannerlords on my list, but somehow missed it off

I played the original M&B, and thought it had an interesting and compelling mechanci, let down by very rudimentary graphics. I know people say 'oh gameplay is what matters, graphics don't' - but, well, they kinda do...

It looks like they've taken a big leap forward on the graphics, juding by the videos I've seen on YouTube, so this looks like one to watch.

• 55 posts
    January 5, 2017 9:12 AM EST
    For Honor looks pretty cool, excited to maybe try that out as a nice combat heavy alternative to a shooter to mess around with when I'm adventuring through Tamriel or the Wasteland.
  • Mr.
    • 763 posts
    January 5, 2017 10:36 AM EST

Both games I'm most looking forward to this year are console exclusives: The Last of Us II and Red Dead Redemption 2. I'm hoping the last one eventually gets ported to PC. Other than those two, I really hope Bioware surprises me and delivers with Mass Effect: Andromeda. And there are alway the good old expansions/DLCs to the strategy games I love: TW: Warhammer (Bretonnia will be added as a free race/faction in February!) and Stellaris (I'm hoping they expand on the trade aspect, introduce even more events and "quests" and let us paint our ships with our nation's colors!)

[EDIT: I forgot about Mount & Blade. Definitely looking forward to it!]

This post was edited by Mr. at January 5, 2017 10:37 AM EST
    • 77 posts
    January 5, 2017 10:45 AM EST

Horizon: Zero Dawn looks interesting.  The game I'm most interested in, and doubt we will see in 2017 is Wild.  Though I havn't seen anything on it since 2015.

• 104 posts
    January 5, 2017 11:56 AM EST

Well I am sure all those that know me will know I am getting impatient for TES6 

• 773 posts
    January 5, 2017 12:40 PM EST

If this had been an actual poll, there'd have been an option 'Won't be buying any games on 2017'

Are there here people who (assuming we don't see Elder Scrolls VI) that aren't planning on buying ANY games in 2017?

• 457 posts
    January 5, 2017 12:52 PM EST

Paul said:Are there here people who (assuming we don't see Elder Scrolls VI) that aren't planning on buying ANY games in 2017?

I'm one of those, but I'm a bit of an anomaly on a gaming site... haven't bought another game since the release of Elder Scrolls V. 

• 312 posts
    January 5, 2017 1:10 PM EST

Paul said:

I did actually mean to put Mount and Blade:  Bannerlords on my list, but somehow missed it off

IF Bannerlord comes out, that is. It's been ages.

• 773 posts
    January 5, 2017 1:22 PM EST

ShinJin said:

Paul said:Are there here people who (assuming we don't see Elder Scrolls VI) that aren't planning on buying ANY games in 2017?

I'm one of those, but I'm a bit of an anomaly on a gaming site... haven't bought another game since the release of Elder Scrolls V. 

Wow, that's amazing. I thought I was highly restrictive in my game buying - I buy no more than 1-2 per year. But nothing since 11/11/11 is true dedication to the Elder Scrolls cause...

• 104 posts
    January 5, 2017 1:28 PM EST

Yup me too, haven't bought since ES5 Skyrim unless Skyrim SE counts, cannot believe i paid 50 bucks for the privilege of downloading a few Mods, however definitely won't be buying anything listed here, it's just not for me guys

This post was edited by Bonelord at January 5, 2017 1:30 PM EST
    • 585 posts
    January 5, 2017 3:37 PM EST

Amornar said: For Honor looks pretty cool, excited to maybe try that out as a nice combat heavy alternative to a shooter to mess around with when I'm adventuring through Tamriel or the Wasteland.

Seconded. Mount and Blade: Warband kinda did that for me but the controls are clunky and it feels a little... unpolished. It's probably because it's not made for console, but saying that it was still very good.

Paul said:

I did actually mean to put Mount and Blade:Bannerlords on my list, but somehow missed it off

I played the original M&B, and thought it had an interesting and compelling mechanci, let down by very rudimentary graphics. I know people say 'oh gameplay is what matters, graphics don't' - but, well, they kinda do...

It looks like they've taken a big leap forward on the graphics, juding by the videos I've seen on YouTube, so this looks like one to watch.

Oooh, this is intriguing. Warband was loads of fun if a little dated on Xbox (like you say, graphics do matter), so this is exactly what I'm looking for.

RogueSilver said:

You're not the only one, Zonn. I literally didn't recognize half of the games listed here so far. I'm way too prejudiced to video games :p

I think for me it comes down for laziness - I don't go to games, games have to come to me!

• 312 posts
    January 5, 2017 3:57 PM EST
    xD Oh, y'all. I'm really the same way. If I'm super into a series (e.g. Fallout), I'll follow it to the ends of the Earth, though.
    • 113 posts
    January 6, 2017 6:21 AM EST

Mass Effect Andromeda for sure! That gameplay trailer had me salivating.